Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourselves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thetonkatoy

hello everyone, im lucy and im 23 living in naas, ridden and worked with horses all my life,now consider myself atleast semi proffessional at this stage!!! few good wins in dressage and eventing under my belt now, and currently training dressage horses in Kildare, look forward to chattin to you all!!
    Lucy x:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

Great forum! I have a 5 yr old mare, Aine! Bought her unbroken as a three year old. Havnt done much with her since i backed her, a few 90cm classes but mostly hacking out and having the craic! Im in college in limerick, and only get to ride her some weekends (she lives out,in athlone!). Am currently thinking of looking for someone to share her with me, not from a cost point of view or anything, but just for the company and getting her out and about a bit more. Not sure how to upload a photo yet... read the other response but what the hell is a photo bucket?!!
    Nice to meet you all, some fab photos,
    Dani:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 piggle

hiya - i'm a wicklow lass with a lovely dinger of a mare who keeps me hunting and jumping 1.10's even though she is now 21. only just found this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

Hi, my name is Sam and i'm from Sydney... I just found this forum and though it might be a great way to make some friends as I'm planning on coming to Ireland in a years time for at least a year, perhaps more.
    I've had horses since I was 10, and though there's been years that i've barely been able to find time to do much with them, i can't quite kick the horsey habit!
    I'm an osteopath, and doing my final year of Animal Chiropractic to broaden my practice to horses and dogs, which i just love!
    When i'm in Ireland i'm hoping to be able to do a bit more riding as well as working. I can't wait!
    So nice to meet you all, and i hope to get to know you well over the time! :)

Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

Oh and P.S - I only have one horse i've been too attached to to sell now... She's the last filly I bred from my old broodmare who was also my first welshie. Her name is Ash and I do love her lots! Shame i haven't the time to do much with her right now, so she's enjoying growing ever more contented and fat!

Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

*waves* I'm new here, and I stink at intros. I've been riding since forever ( :D ) and I don't currently have a horse. Two project ponies, but I don't own either of them. Hopefully that's about to change :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Hi, I'm living in Dublin with horse in livery in meath, do bit of riding club, hunter trails and endurance, have one horse (my first) for over 5 years now, ISH mare now 12 - pics of her out and about attached (hopefully). Excuse the dodgy plaits, not my strong point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Welcome to the forum! :)

convert wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Eshaness wrote: »
    Hi, I'm living in Dublin with horse in livery in meath, do bit of riding club, hunter trails and endurance, have one horse (my first) for over 5 years now, ISH mare now 12 - pics of her out and about attached (hopefully). Excuse the dodgy plaits, not my strong point.
    Your mare is gorgeous:):) im soo jealous

• Advertisement

Eshaness wrote: »
    Excuse the dodgy plaits, not my strong point.

I cheat. I have a pony, she's got a pony mane. I do a running braid, easier to deal with that way :cool:. Of course I don't show her either (she's a cross between a project and a lease, I guess :rolleyes:)

Forgot to add, your mare is GORGEOUS, Eshaness!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments for herself. She's a good looker alright but sometimes she knows it too! Her dam was irish draught and sire was an arab so the dishy face came through. I like the running braids, they look well, have never tried that. I don't plait up very often; too lazy to do dressage and don't bother for jumping most of the time. Shot was taken at an AIRC club show so made an effort that day and we'd just gone clear so she was in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

hello!!

i live in Dublin and my mare live in meath! i do everythin with her with riding club, very proud with her. i go to competition nearly every weekend! :) my mare is 8 year old and bout 15hh, and she is on holiday at the moment, she'l come back in 3 weeks time! lookin forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Musto

Am too close to 40 to believe it myself!! Live in Dublin. Have the most wonderful AID mare, Eclipse. Bought her when she was just broken (at 9 yrs!!). She was my first horse and she gave me so much confidence, I'd trust her with my life. She is now breeding and I have a 3yr old ID by Ard Grandpa from her, Solly. She also had a foal last year by Nigrisine TB. Very very flashy bay boy - seriously posh. Eclipse is back in foal again this year and am hoping for a filly.. I'll have to see how she is this summer after the foal to see if she will breed again. She is 19yrs this year. She is blooming at the moment, but I don't want to breed her if it is taking any toll at all on her. She deserves the best, my sexy mare.. Great to find an equestrian forum - specially as I'll have Solly to work on in the next few years.. Half looking forward to it, half terrified I'll ruin him!!

Welcome to the forum!
    Musto wrote: »
    Half looking forward to it, half terrified I'll ruin him!!

It'll be great, testing at times, but hugely rewarding in the end!

Keep us posted on how you're getting on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 free_rein

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, great to find an Irish board about horses!! I live in Cork, am almost 21. For which I will be buying a new horse.. :p At the moment I am keeping a friends pony in my yard to keep me going until I find my new horse! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eegeet

Hello. I am from Wexford (though now live far away). Great to find an equestrian board here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tazpm

Hi Im an instructoe from kilkenny. Have been riding since I was about 8 and then gave up and went back when I got tricked in to doing a "Pony camp" with a friend that actually was a racing apprentice course in Kildare. 10 yrs later here I am Teaching, Hunting and just generally loving Horses!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

Hi There Tazpm :)

I've posted quite a few times but I guess I've never introduced myself. So I'll do so now.

My name's Louise and I live in Kerry with my 3 horses Xeanon (Z), Kitt and Neko, and my jack russel Kisa. I've been around horses since I was 10 and I'd have it no other way. I've been training horses for about 6 years now and I much prefer the training side to the competition side. Though I do enjoy showjumping but I would much prefer to event. I've always had limited resources though (very little cash >.> and didn't have a horse box or jeep till 5 years ago and our jeep is now scrapped due to salt erosion :( ) so I was only ever able to do what was near by. Which isn't much at all so all I could do was work in the seperate areas, I'm very lucky to be friends now with some real professionals. It makes it easier now to improve my skills in dressage or practice xcountry courses, as I can stay there a night or two without it being ridiculously expensive. So I'm very lucky really.

Hopefully in a few years I can invest more time and money in one day and 3 day events but for now I'm happy to keep training horses and riders, to the best of my ability and I look forward to soon having my own yard and arena. It will make all the difference. :)

My introduction seems insufficient now. I am a BHS qualified instructor as well, though very rarely teach now.

• Advertisement

eegeet wrote: »
    My introduction seems insufficient now. I am a BHS qualified instructor as well, though very rarely teach now.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Spammer! Someone get him!

:eek::eek::eek:
    Spammer! Someone get him!

I am a vegetarian. I do not eat Spam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Minniebea

Hi, Im new here as well, this is my firs post. I live in West cork we have 2 'biggies' and 4 miniature horses,soon to be 6 as 2 are in foal. Its good to find this forum :)

Tazpm wrote: »
    Hi Im an instructoe from kilkenny.
    Minniebea wrote: »
    Hi, Im new here as well, this is my firs post.:)

Welcome to the forum guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chindato

Another Newbie to this Forum, and another person delighted to find an Irish newsgroup - have been posting to UK and US ones for years!
    I'm based in Co Monaghan, and have 6 big fluffy furballs at the moment:
    an ex-show cob, now 17 yrs old
    a sport horse mare, 16, and her three progeny -
    - an eight year old gelding by Aldato (KWPN)
    - a three year old full brother of the above
    - a yearling filly by Hermes de Reve
    and lastly, Chindato, my 8-y-o orphan foal, also by Aldato. His mum died when he was three days old.

My life is organised around my herd, wouldn't have it any other way.

Chindato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

welcome chindato :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 simone.vdm

Hi all,

I'm Simone, I'm living in the Netherlands and me and my boyfriend are thinking of moving to Ireland.
    Because I own a horse I've joined this forum to learn all there is to know about horses in Ireland.

Hope you can help me out a bit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

We'll do our best Simone!

Did I introduce myself? *checks* oh, looks like I didn't.

I'm Lobelia (or Lobs for short), I'm in my 40s now, and have been riding on and off for about 30 years. I had my own pony in my teens, and am now looking to buy myself a horse again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hils1

Hi I'm Hils, living in Rathcoole Co. Dublin only moved to this side of the city tho Rathcoole, Saggart or nearby areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 junca

Hi I am new to this forum. Have moved to Ireland last year and loving the countryside so much, just the weather takes some getting used to. Mind its not much worse than in the UK. Have my lovely mare Karina who i had from when she was only 12 months and her filly Gini, who is a nutcase at the moment and giving me lots of grief but I still love her to pieces and my 3 labradors Gaddy, Thorin and Winnie and rescued collie Tobi. Living in the West of Ireland in County Galway sadly seem to be far removed from all the action here but its lovely and pieceful here. so hi to all.....

Advertisement