Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

towger wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem with the remote. Mine just stops working often and I can only get it going by taking out the batteries or restarting the box. Note this happens on the main box and the other ones so it is not a physical fault with the remote or box.
    Tx

When my remote freezes i press the home button below the power buttons and it fixes it

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

kitsy13 wrote: »
    When my remote freezes i press the home button below the power buttons and it fixes it

Thanks I’ll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭mollser

Are the uprade €10 discount offers gone for the 360 box from the website? It says in the small print these are available up to 30 Sept, but it's not coming up in the checkout anymore.

Contract up in two days

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

mollser wrote: »
    Are the uprade €10 discount offers gone for the 360 box from the website? It says in the small print these are available up to 30 Sept, but it's not coming up in the checkout anymore.

Contract up in two days
    Still there. Just select broadband only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its kind of ridiculous that they are charging extra for the new box. At the end of the day this new box brings them up to par with Sky and Sky are offering services cheaper than Virgins current deals for the horizon box.

Do they not do market research before they set their prices like. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sky's current offer of Superfast Broadband and Ultimate TV for €60pm for 12 months on a 12 month contract is such a better deal. Thats for the Sky Q Box too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its kind of ridiculous that they are charging extra for the new box. At the end of the day this new box brings them up to par with Sky and Sky are offering services cheaper than Virgins current deals for the horizon box.

Do they not do market research before they set their prices like. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sky's current offer of Superfast Broadband and Ultimate TV for €60pm for 12 months on a 12 month contract is such a better deal. Thats for the Sky Q Box too.

It doesn't bring them up to par with Sky though. There's no UHD sport or anything in 4k so they've bumped up their prices to land 5 years behind Sky.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Still there. Just select broadband only.

Will they honour that if you already have 3 of the services? Previously you didn't need to lie and could get the discounted price! Must check on the mobile site, that had different pricing on it before as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

It doesn't bring them up to par with Sky though. There's no UHD sport or anything in 4k so they've bumped up their prices to land 5 years behind Sky.

The Rook is in 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

Loughc wrote: »
    I assume you can only stream live tv from the app to the main box too.

Yes you can stream live tv to the main box only, not sure the benefit though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paulski999 wrote: »
    Yes you can stream live tv to the main box only, not sure the benefit though

It would make more sense to stream it to the mini box. Anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Have Virgin Media stated when the 360 boxes will be standard for all new customers? Interested to know when they plan on retiring the Horizon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Got the boxes and must say they are a significant improvement however only being able to pause tv for 2.5 mins on the second box is a bit poor.

7/10 - Room to improve Vs 3/10 for Horizon box (on a good day!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got the boxes and must say they are a significant improvement however only being able to pause tv for 2.5 mins on the second box is a bit poor.

3/10 for the horizon is very generous :D

Have Virgin Media stated when the 360 boxes will be standard for all new customers? Interested to know when they plan on retiring the Horizon box.

Thought they said 1st October.

- Press record and then do your pause on 360 boxes other than the main box - not ideal but a work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

kitsy13 wrote: »

Didn’t work I’m afraid. Anyone else’s remotes keep getting stuck ? Only fix is to reboot the box every time

Has anyone experienced problems with the TV guide? BBC1 is coming up as to be announced for Saturday. Only this channel is like that.

Loughc wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced problems with the TV guide? BBC1 is coming up as to be announced for Saturday. Only this channel is like that.

- That's like that for weeks. Nearer Saturday it will have full listing.

Yellowstone was on RTE2 earlier and not in EPG so series link would not work.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - That's like that for weeks. Nearer Saturday it will have full listing.

Yellowstone was on RTE2 earlier and not in EPG so series link would not work.

Same problem I’m having 2 of my BBC shows won’t series link for me :( I know first world problems and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Willowz78

My TV power / volume control using the 360 remote stopped working today, can someone please give instructions on how to configure? TIA.

• Advertisement

"You can pair them at any time by holding down the “TV” ( to the right of the Home button) and “0” buttons for 10 seconds. The light on the front panel will flash and the remote should now be paired with the Virgin TV 360 box and TV."

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Willowz78

"You can pair them at any time by holding down the “TV” ( to the right of the Home button) and “0” buttons for 10 seconds. The light on the front panel will flash and the remote should now be paired with the Virgin TV 360 box and TV."

Thanks for that but the issue is not pairing the remote. The remote works with all the box functions fine. It's the control of the TV power and volume that I'm having Ian issue with. Can't get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

goto setting and into "pair remote with sound system" click this and it will take you through setting up your remote for power and volume

News at 5.30 EPG says Theresa May will formally trigger Article 50 beginning the Brexit process. This is not the first time I have seen this description.

Does Sky have same info?

News at 5.30 EPG says Theresa May will formally trigger Article 50 beginning the Brexit process. This is not the first time I have seen this description.

Does Sky have same info?

In virgin media’s defence before COVID that was all that was on the news. So it would have been a good shout. :pac:

mollser wrote: »
    Will they honour that if you already have 3 of the services? Previously you didn't need to lie and could get the discounted price! Must check on the mobile site, that had different pricing on it before as well...

Just to confirm, €10 discount comes up on the mobile website:rolleyes:! Ordered last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm a TV, BB and home phone subscriber with a Horizon and one multiroom box. I'm looking at the TV360 upgrade options on the VM website.

In terms of features, the only difference between the 'Full House 500' (€99 p.m.) and 'The bigger than big bundle' (€104 p.m.) is that the more expensive option has no 'No once off Virgin TV360 activation fee'.

But if I select 'Full House 500' (the cheapest bundle) and go to checkout, there is no activation fee mentioned. And it's offering me multiroom for €11 p.m. which is the rate for the old (pre-TV360) boxes, it's supposed to be €15 p.m. for the new boxes.

Am I in danger of ordering a replacement Horizon box here? There is no mention of TV360 when checking out :confused:

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm a TV, BB and home phone subscriber with a Horizon and one multiroom box. I'm looking at the TV360 upgrade options on the VM website.

In terms of features, the only difference between the 'Full House 500' (€99 p.m.) and 'The bigger than big bundle' (€104 p.m.) is that the more expensive option has no 'No once off Virgin TV360 activation fee'.

But if I select 'Full House 500' (the cheapest bundle) and go to checkout, there is no activation fee mentioned. And it's offering me multiroom for €11 p.m. which is the rate for the old (pre-TV360) boxes, it's supposed to be €15 p.m. for the new boxes.

Am I in danger of ordering a replacement Horizon box here? There is no mention of TV360 when checking out :confused:

Full house 500 is a horizon bundle afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭FaganJr

The beast Bundle I think your looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Hi

A question directed to anyone who has the new Virgin 360 package.

I currently have a Horizon box and am looking to upgrade to the 360 package. Just wondering if the features that I like from the Horizon box, like automatically recording 5min before and 15m after a program, and the custom setting of skip forward and backward length are still in the new box?

I don't want to end up with a service that has remove the good features

My main reason for thinking of changing is in the hope that it will be easier to navigate around recorded programmes and to find on demand programmes.

Padraig

Advertisement