Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera in Ireland - general discussion thread on all things opera in Ireland

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

The Cenerentola is wonderful. Production brilliant. Tara Erraught really growing in status. Don't miss it last night on Saturday. If I could go again I would, saw it Tuesday. INO is moving onwards and upwards in leaps and bounds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know it's a different production (this was from the early '80s, IIRC), but this is one of my favourite pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Lots of on demand / streamed events are collated here:

https://bachtrack.com/

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

700 children sing Nessun Dorma from Turandot

Only in Italy could that happen:)

• Advertisement

Oh my god I am so missing sitting down in a full theatre the lights dimming the applause for the maestro and the opening bars of any opera, at this stage i would be glad to even go to Carmen.....:pac::pac::D

If anyone would have told me back in March that the last opera I had seen live was in Longford of all places, INO Hansel and Gretel I would have looked at them as if they were mad. 4 months later the drought continues, the longest period in my adult life of not sitting down in a theatre to hear the orchestra strike up as the curtain rises on an evening of intrigue. Absence makes the heart go stronger, but I crave the love of my life.......The world is an empty stage at the moment.

Was listening to Tristan on Saturday night from the 2012 performance at the Bord Gais. I missed the news on the death of Miriam Murphy, last month, how very sad, she was a real home grown talent taken so young. May she rest in peace. I enjoyed that Tristan cannot believe it was 8 years ago, well done to the way opera has moved forward in Ireland since but such a pity this thing has pulled the rug from under our new national opera company at such an early stage, it must be a huge struggle for arts performers at the moment. I am sure Irish National Opera will come out of this providing the arts are properly supported to emerge again strong and healthy. They are doing their best to keep the show on the road via the web but it is just not the same as real live opera performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

westtip wrote: »
    If anyone would have told me back in March that the last opera I had seen live was in Longford of all places, INO Hansel and Gretel I would have looked at them as if they were mad. 4 months later the drought continues, the longest period in my adult life of not sitting down in a theatre to hear the orchestra strike up as the curtain rises on an evening of intrigue. Absence makes the heart go stronger, but I crave the love of my life.......The world is an empty stage at the moment.

You could go to Pesaro or Tores del Lago! Believe both festivals have put together a mini season - not sure how easy the tickets are to get. Pesaro is a dump but Tores del Lago is nice - unfortunately the better festival is the Rossini one which means going to Pesaro. Its August which means high hotels prices and its like Tramore for Italians this time of year.

shoegirl wrote: »
    You could go to Pesaro or Tores del Lago! Believe both festivals have put together a mini season - not sure how easy the tickets are to get. Pesaro is a dump but Tores del Lago is nice - unfortunately the better festival is the Rossini one which means going to Pesaro. Its August which means high hotels prices and its like Tramore for Italians this time of year.

Shoegirl hi, yes been keeping an eye on whats available but being a good citizen and have decided not to travel, however keeping a close eye on Teatro Communal in Madrid which seems to be planning to open in the Autumn....And have Peter Grimes planned for next March. One of my all time favourites.

• Advertisement

how is everybody, nice to listen to live music from the NCH tonight I am so missing going to live music though...:eek::eek::(:(

Advertisement