Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lockdown lullaby

• 21-07-2020 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

She clapped
    and sang
    and danced
    and cried,

and prayed
    for God
    to take
    her side,

whilst all
    the things
    that once
    she knew,

grew lost,
    estranged
    and all
    askew.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

That's nice and simple but have I heard it before somewhere? It sounds very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    That's nice and simple but have I heard it before somewhere? It sounds very familiar.

I hope not. You could be right though. It felt familiar to me too. I don't actually read a lot of poetry. Every now and again I write something and then I look at it afterwards and wonder, hmm, is that original? Did I pick that up from somewhere else? Where did that line come from? Something familiar about that. So I google. I googled this poem before I put it up. Not the whole poem of itself but fragments of it. I do that a lot actually. So I agree it sounds familiar but from where? If it's plagiarised (or even semi-plagiarised) it's completely unintentional.

Advertisement