Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Hell Or Connaught!" e-books

• 04-04-2018 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Greetings, friends! My name is Sergey, I am from Russia and currently I work on article which describes the time and affairs of the Cromwellian colonisation of Ireland.
    Unfortunately I cannot find any apropriate e-books to gain any valuable information.
    Can you advice me something to read? I will appreciate any help: pdf-files, links, even documentary films with english subs. 
    PS - all I could to find was "Hell-Connaught-Cromwellian-Colonization-1652-1660" in Amazon but it'll take a long time to be shipped etc(((

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Kaigal wrote: »
    Greetings, friends! My name is Sergey, I am from Russia and currently I work on article which describes the time and affairs of the Cromwellian colonisation of Ireland.
    Unfortunately I cannot find any apropriate e-books to gain any valuable information.
    Can you advice me something to read? I will appreciate any help: pdf-files, links, even documentary films with english subs.
    PS - all I could to find was "Hell-Connaught-Cromwellian-Colonization-1652-1660" in Amazon but it'll take a long time to be shipped etc(((

Prendergast's book is a recommended read -available online, free. https://archive.org/stream/cromwellian00prenrich/cromwellian00prenrich_djvu.txt
    Another free one is CH Firth's book on the Cromwellian Model Army - gives structure, how everything worked, discipline, etc. https://archive.org/details/cromwellsarmyhis00firtuoft

The one you have mentioned is I think the book by Peter Beresford Ellis and is good / very readable - it draws heavily on Prendergast's book but it's not online as far as I know.

Another - very military campaign centered - is James Scott Wheeler's Cromwell in Ireland -it has a very good bibliography

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kaigal

Thank you very much! I'm on my way to read it!)

Advertisement