Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Can You Hear?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:52pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What can anyone make out from the clip on the link below. (Apologies I don't know how to embed Soundcloud on Boards)

https://soundcloud.com/christmaschris/sleep

Background, my OH sleep talks alot and most of it is very amusing so I downloaded an app to record sleep talking, the first night I used it there were 8 clips recorded, mostly bed creaking, tossing and turning.

The most interesting one was the second clip which is the link above. This took place at 3.25am, my OH was fast asleep, she is a very deep sleeper and I was out for the count too. See what can ye make of it?

I'm sure it's nothing at all, but interested in hearing what other people can hear from it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

defo sounds like someone talking.something like "chris" maybe?

would freak me out anyway!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

celica00 wrote: »
    defo sounds like someone talking.something like "chris" maybe?

would freak me out anyway!!!

That's what I'm picking up from it, and the reason why I asked a second opinion is my first name is Chris so as you could imagine it's a little unsettling haha.

oh christ, maybe he missed you that night because you werent around?
    Did you edit the audio somehow?
    I don't think it sounds like a female voice as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Creepy for sure.

The creaky bed suggests that one of you was rolling over or tossing and turning and wasn't in a deep sleep though. I have this app too - some weird stuff comes out of it. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Not unusual for people to talk in their sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

celica00 wrote: »
    oh christ, maybe he missed you that night because you werent around?
    Did you edit the audio somehow?
    I don't think it sounds like a female voice as well...

I was there when that incident took place and no editing of the audio took place, the above was taken directly from the app that recorded the clip.
    Not unusual for people to talk in their sleep.

Absolutely not, but the point is it was only me and my financée in the room at the time, the voice didn't sound like a female voice and I don't think it sounds like mine either....

Oh sorry, thought you werent there...

creepy one alright, especially HOW it was said...try to make the same voice via the app and compare the outcome then (to be sure you really didnt say it yourself)...but I believe it could have been "someone" else anyway...#

whats the app called actually?

App is called "Sleep Talk" it's very good, it picks up every sound made during the night no matter how light.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Loughc wrote: »
    Absolutely not, but the point is it was only me and my financée in the room at the time, the voice didn't sound like a female voice and I don't think it sounds like mine either....

you're not married and you're sleeping together tut tut

i'm telling your local PP about you

PENIS

• Advertisement

PENIS

I think that says more about you that you heard that :pac:

Advertisement