Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbing Cream/Spray

• 03-03-2015 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

hi all getting a few kanji symbols down along my ribs wednesday morning , and wanted to ask if theres any good creams/sprays that can help with the pain ? i have 3 tats already that werent sore but have heard the ribs is one of the sorest spots :)

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Local anesthetic otherwise its a placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There are some sprays that do have a numbing effect, but they only work locally for a short while, and the skin must already be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

There are creams available that contain Lidocaine that do work. Most last for between 1-2 hours but must be applied at least 45 mins to an hour beforehand. The big problem is finding what is genuine and does work and what is essentially "Sudocreme" in a fancy tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hey stranger! Long time no see! Good to see you're still hanging around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ink Eeze spray is one, 5% lidocaine, endorsed by a lot of artists.

Bactine is another. Pretty weak.

The only one that really works for me is Vasocaine. A lot of artists don't like using that though. It definitely leaves me redder for a couple of days during healing. Possibly from the artists inadvertently overworking the skin due to it not reacting because it's numb, I'm not sure.

The skin needs to be broken first for all of them.

I would try brave it first, only use anything as an absolute last resort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

where do i get these guys ? have my tat tomorrow now and hear it may have to be applied at least an hour before hand !!

thanks star lord im back with a bang haha !!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Star Lord wrote: »
    Hey stranger! Long time no see! Good to see you're still hanging around!
    Still here, lurking in the shadows.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

pudzey101 wrote: »
    where do i get these guys ? have my tat tomorrow now and hear it may have to be applied at least an hour before hand !!

thanks star lord im back with a bang haha !!

Where are you getting it? The shop probably has one. You should ask the artist or call the shop.

There is somewhere in town that supplies Killer Ink stuff that might have it (can't remember name sorry) but mostly you'd need to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have had problems with healing after using those sprays/creams. I wouldn't unless it is absolutely needed.

All done now lads , didn't use anything wasn't sore at all to be honest !! Top symbol was a small bit ill attach a pic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

pudzey101 wrote: »
    All done now lads , didn't use anything wasn't sore at all to be honest !! Top symbol was a small bit ill attach a pic :)

Nice tattoo.
    The fourth symbol does look like a guy with his mickey hanging out watching the telly!!!

killwill wrote: »
    Nice tattoo.
    The fourth symbol does look like a guy with his mickey hanging out watching the telly!!!

haha well spotted , thatll be a nice conversation starter cheers killwill !! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

killwill wrote: »
    Nice tattoo.

I had to go back and double check:D.It looks like you have a flasher.

Advertisement