Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Options
  • 10-03-2014 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Well done to all those through to Stage 3! :)

Please use this for all discussion of Stage 3,

Thanks

-KERSPLAT!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Stage 3 Assessment Centre will comprise the following:
    (a) re-test of the Verbal Reasoning and Inductive/Logical Reasoning tests,
    (b) Job Simulation Exercise
    (c) Report Writing Exercise

Parts a and c seem fairly self explanatory, anyone know anything about part b?

Also, is all this done on pen and paper or with computers?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Parts a and c seem fairly self explanatory, anyone know anything about part b?

Also, is all this done on pen and paper or with computers?
    I think (b) could be something similar to the scenarios section of the questionnaire from stage one, but that's just my guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I think (b) could be something similar to the scenarios section of the questionnaire from stage one, but that's just my guess!

Does anyone know the week stage 3 assessments will take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

D Trent wrote: »
    Does anyone know the week stage 3 assessments will take place?

From the 18th to the 1st of april

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

In the email they mentoned that they would commence on Tuesday the 18th March and will be ran for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

What happens next? 🙈

Do we all get separate assessment times or are we all in on Tuesday the 18th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Carroller wrote: »
    What happens next? 🙈

Do we all get separate assessment times or are we all in on Tuesday the 18th?

Well if they are running the assessment centres for two weeks, they won't be taking all 600 on the 18th! It says we will be contacted with a date & time shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

That's paddy day f***ed for whoever is on 18th, although saying that I would take it in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulyrhinos40

Delighted I made it this far.. Was really unsure. They seem to have 3 bands again.. I have some friends in bands 2-3 of this round waiting to be called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

BRING IT ON!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Delighted I made it this far.. Was really unsure. They seem to have 3 bands again.. I have some friends in bands 2-3 of this round waiting to be called.
    Really, are there 3 bands again after Stage 2 tests. It's going to get confusing very quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Really, are there 3 bands again after Stage 2 tests. It's going to get confusing very quickly

Not at all

PAS are pros

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Not at all

PAS are pros
    That doesn't answer the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

2 bands as far as I can tell

1.1-600
    2. 601-3,100

Pretty sure that's right

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    2 bands as far as I can tell

1.1-600
    2. 601-3,100

Pretty sure that's right
    Somebody was saying that there are 2 or 3 bands that separate out the 601-3100 group. I don't know myself, trying to find out if this is the case.

Somebody was saying that there are 2 or 3 bands that separate out the 601-3100 group. I don't know myself, trying to find out if this is the case.

I know, I'm saying I think that is incorrect. I think it's just 2 bands. 1-600 and 601-3,100

I know, I'm saying I think that is incorrect. I think it's just 2 bands. 1-600 and 601-3,100
    Fair enough, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

No because my email states stage 2 band 1 and I ranked in the 700's so that is wrong. Think it is just stating that it was test results of band 1 from stage 1 if you catch my drift ;)

Fair enough, sorry.

No need for apologies :)

• Advertisement

No because my email states stage 2 band 1 and I ranked in the 700's so that is wrong. Think it is just stating that it was test results of band 1 from stage 1 if you catch my drift ;)

Nope, not a clue

That doesn't answer the question

I'll ask them to double check but when I text around to see how people done one said he got group 2 and the other 3.. That's what I'm basing my assumption on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Placings following Stage 2

Next Step

1 to 600

Candidates in this group qualified at Stage 2 and were placed highest. They will be invited to Stage 3 (Assessment Centre) in March.

601 to 3100

Candidates in this group reached the qualifying standard at Stage 2 but are not in the initial group to be invited to Stage 3. It is possible that more candidates may subsequently be called forward to the Assessment Centre Stage. Should it be necessary to call further candidates and their place is reached, they will be contacted and invited to Stage 3.

Did not Qualify

Candidates in this category were not successful at Stage 2 and will not progress further in this campaign.

Taken from their scoring explanation. Don't think there is bands in this stage...

Maybe the reason that they the subject of the email was Stage 2 Band 1 is because they have yet to release the results for Stage 2 Band 2. There were a number of Irish speakers from Band 2 that did the Stage 2 assessments. I don't think they got their results today. It's just a guess though

• Registered Users Posts: 31 randomnumber1

What's the story with time allocations for stage 3? I haven't a chance of getting time off in the next 2 weeks. Will there be the option of evening/weekend time allocations? Thanks

What's the story with time allocations for stage 3? I haven't a chance of getting time off in the next 2 weeks. Will there be the option of evening/weekend time allocations? Thanks

Your best bet is to ring PAS, they may give you more information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

All stage 3 held in chapter house yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 carrig4life

I don't think anyone predicted the results would be today, but I got through, top 200.

Where is the chapter house?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 randomnumber1

I don't think anyone predicted the results would be today, but I got through, top 200.

Where is the chapter house?

I think it's beside the jervis shopping centre. Just at the jervis luas stop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

I hope they send us our dates & times tomorrow. I'm crazy busy at work & need as much notice as possible!

Advertisement