Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parkour in Dublin

Options
  • 28-10-2006 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking to get into this whole free running thingy, but have no idea where to start. I'm 22 and based in Dublin. I've got a martial arts background, which I'm sure is useful for falling and being physically able to raise your knees and legs. So what sort of parkour groups are there in Dublin? It looks really interesting and would like to start running around!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i'd like to too, i'm 16 and based in dublin too, i did tae kwon do a few years ago but it's kinda worn off now :) any help would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

Hi

I currently do parkour and usually train with a small group of people.There are usually big jams(training sessions) fairly regulary.If you go to these you will learn fast as the whole pk community in Ireland are very helpful and friendly.

Check this link out and read it all to be sure your on the right track http://www.pkire.com/thread.php?id=17

If you're still interested i'd recommend joining the forum on pkire.If you have any other questions or whatever my email is <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wanabmodel

heya!

yeah i myself was really interested in parkour! took up classes for a while...groups of peoply usualy meet up in town and other places every weekend or so for parkour jams..where they practice there skills etc.

http://www.pkire.com/thread.php?id=17 check out this page, nd just ask about to get ur questions answered!! or just ask me for help if ur having trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tigerman_38

Hello !
    The last message has been nearly two years... Is anybody do parkour now?
    I am french, I live in Dublin now and I really would like to practice here. Does anybody know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Yeh mate there is quite a scene in Dublin.

Check onto www.pkire.com

Real friendly bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aidanparkour

im 12 and i have experience as a free runner i really want to head up to town but well im 12 and i live in artane what should do ???

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Go to www.pkire.com , register and use the memberlist to find practitioners in your area you can learn and train with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Other option is to train solo. Its not for everyone, but it's very effective and if you enjoy it, then it is obviously fun. Failing that, see if a few of your friends are interested. If they are, have a look around your local area and see if there's anywhere that suits what you want to do. Keeping to public property, or at least public access (i.e. not on private property) will mean you can stay and train a lot longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 EU RULES

wheres a good place to do parkour in dublin?

The following are places I personally enjoy training:

Eden Quay Boardwalk, Cows Lane, DCC (Dublin City Council Building), Earlsfort Plazza, St. Stephens Green Rock Garden and many more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lfcrush9lfc

hi im 13 and ive been doing pk since i was 8 but i have never seen or heard about a parkour gym in ireland.........so does any1 know were would the closest pk gym be to carow

There are NO Parkour Gyms in Ireland. There are Gymnastic Gyms, and there are some classes run in halls or gyms. As far as I know there aren't any near Carlow, and the closest thing to what you're looking for are the Parkour/Free Running Classes in Celbridge. They're on in Excel Gym Club, which is a full gymnastic gym.

The classes are on a break for the Holidays, but are back on Sunday 3rd January (from 17.15 - 19.00). If you have any questions, send an email to irishpkinstructors@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lfcrush9lfc

i that case we should just train but all the good spots are in cork and dublin:mad:

Carlow has some great places to train in as well. I've only been there once before, but I wouldn't say no to going back, cause I got some great training in. There's places along the canal, the park, one of the bridges over the canal, the campus, various walls/rails etc, car parks, and much more.

It always seems like there's nothing to do, but even if there's nothing around there's still something to do. If you have no obstacles, you still have open space which is probably the largest obstacle itself. You can drill rolls, flat precisions, train more acrobatic based movements and much more...there's always something around :)

If we're ever in Carlow, I'll send you a PM if you'd like? We could meet up and train around for a bit. Likewise if you're ever in Dublin, don't hesitate to get in touch...our email addy is irishPKinstructors@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Luk3IRL

Hi I'm 13 and I live in Blessington,Wicklow I was wondering about clubs or groups of any sort I can go to town with me mates and they'd also be happy to run I do basic parkour (vaults,rolls,etc.) and I'd like to learn more so if anyone can answer email me at Luk3IRL@hotmail.co.uk or leave something below thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PKGareth

The best way to find out is with www.pkire.com :) just go to the members list and it tells you if there anyone in your area who can show you the ropes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 diamondsny

That's a really cool site, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ianisation

lol im new to it might see ye guys around

• Registered Users Posts: 2 freerunner292

Hi,

I'm 13 and I've free run on roofs but I always get chase's from security etc but I want to find a free place to do it please reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 freerunner292

i that case we should just train but all the good spots are in cork and dublin:mad:

There's actually no good spots in Dublin because you always get a chase and it gets really boring after a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JoeyMiller

Lads Im 15 I Did started freerunning when i was 7 i never really liked the idea of having to go to a gym for it so all you have to do is look around your town and find some places and objects you could use to your advantage

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 hagan251

Pkire.com isn't up anymore it seems. Is there another site now?

My son is13 and we're getting ready to move back home. He's been practicing for years and will definitely want to tap into the Dublin/Wicklow scene. Any leads would be brilliant.

Thanks a million

Mel

Advertisement