Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-11-2019, 17:05   #76
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Mine arrived Friday, very quick delivery. It's a present so putting it away for a while. Thanks again OP, savage deal!
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 22:03   #77
brimal

Have the phone a few days now. Camera and battery superb.

For €250 this is an absolute no-brainer.
10-11-2019, 22:10   #78
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugel View Post
Good to hear.

I've been scaremongered by the reports of the issues with Android 10 but can't live with this phone notifying me to update constantly so I might just update to hell and get it over with!
The only issue I have had so far is it said the leap card app wasn't compatible so it might not work. I installed it anyway. It did have issues recognising my leap card when I first tried it (it took a few goes) but it's been grand ever since.
11-11-2019, 10:26   #79
paruss100

Has anyone had issues with the order taking a long time? I ordered last Wednesday but still waiting. Contacted customer service but they seem to be trying to fob me off.
11-11-2019, 10:44   #80
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by paruss100 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the order taking a long time? I ordered last Wednesday but still waiting. Contacted customer service but they seem to be trying to fob me off.
I ordered mine Wednesday night and it was delivered on Friday.
Advertisement
11-11-2019, 10:46   #81
paruss100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
I ordered mine Wednesday night and it was delivered on Friday.
Thanks for the reply, yes something must be wrong, I may try going to a vodafone store instead maybe they can give me one there.
11-11-2019, 16:03   #82
Captainsatnav

I'm thick and don't understand the whole thing re 'porting' etc. I'm EIR, want to stay that way. Wondering can I buy this as ppl are saying it's unlocked / what's the craic with ppl buying sims...?
11-11-2019, 16:11   #83
nephster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainsatnav View Post
I'm thick and don't understand the whole thing re 'porting' etc. I'm EIR, want to stay that way. Wondering can I buy this as ppl are saying it's unlocked / what's the craic with ppl buying sims...?
To get the special offer price you need to move (port) a current number to Vodafone, so that VF think they are getting your business. People in the thread above are giving advice on how to get a new SIM and number for free, in order to move *that* number to VF, rather than your current one you want to keep.

In your case, you should be able to get Eir to send you a new PAYG SIM for free (https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/). When you receive it, you don't need to top it up, you only need to receive a text later. You would pop it in your current phone, go and get the offer, and port that new number to VF. The reason it needs to be contactable at the time is to get a code so that VF know it's you.

You would then just forget about that new number, and never use the VF SIM when it arrives. As the phone is unlocked, you would be able to use your current Eir SIM in it - if it was locked to the seller's network (as most are) you'd have to pay to get it unlocked.
(3) thanks from:
11-11-2019, 16:19   #84
Captainsatnav

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephster View Post
To get the special offer price you need to move (port) a current number to Vodafone, so that VF think they are getting your business. People in the thread above are giving advice on how to get a new SIM and number for free, in order to move *that* number to VF, rather than your current one you want to keep.

In your case, you should be able to get Eir to send you a new PAYG SIM for free (https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/). When you receive it, you don't need to top it up, you only need to receive a text later. You would pop it in your current phone, go and get the offer, and port that new number to VF. The reason it needs to be contactable at the time is to get a code so that VF know it's you.

You would then just forget about that new number, and never use the VF SIM when it arrives. As the phone is unlocked, you would be able to use your current Eir SIM in it - if it was locked to the seller's network (as most are) you'd have to pay to get it unlocked.
Beautiful - crystal clear. Thanks a mill. Will do this - I'd prefer the white or purple but I don't think I can argue with €250 vs €399!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-11-2019, 16:50   #85
Weltsmertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainsatnav View Post
Beautiful - crystal clear. Thanks a mill. Will do this - I'd prefer the white or purple but I don't think I can argue with €250 vs €399!
Assume that Google will be discounting this to close to €250 on Black Friday. Might wait till then as less hassle.
Thanks from:
11-11-2019, 18:49   #86
smallgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltsmertz View Post
Assume that Google will be discounting this to close to €250 on Black Friday. Might wait till then as less hassle.
Its currently €400ish and I've seen rumours of it being discounted by $100 in US so I'd suspect it'll go down to €300 here
11-11-2019, 21:16   #87
Weltsmertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgarden View Post
Its currently €400ish and I've seen rumours of it being discounted by $100 in US so I'd suspect it'll go down to €300 here
But they have purplish. Surely that's worth an extra €50
Thanks from:
11-11-2019, 21:32   #88
caviardreams

Quote:
But they have purplish. Surely that's worth an extra €50
I got the 3A for €315 on the 21% off deal for Google's birthday a couple of months ago (thanks to the BA forum!). Can confirm, the purplish is worth the extra
Thanks from:
12-11-2019, 09:57   #89
Captainsatnav

Quote:
Prob the sensible thing to do I'd say...
12-11-2019, 11:54   #90
JTMan

Quote:
It really is not that much hassle.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion