Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-03-2020, 16:45   #1726
rizzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy0810 View Post
Glad it wasn't just me! That was my theory too, that white was out of stock so now I'm stuck in limbo until they cancel it. Was going to order the Black but looks like it's out of stock now too. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye to see if the black comes back in stock.
Have you contacted them since? Hopefully if a white one pops into stock they might push ahead with the order!! Fingers crossed.
Advertisement
27-03-2020, 18:31   #1727
eoinf

Got the phone today to replace an s8 with a bad battery.

It's not a great phone.

Surprised how bad it is actually.

Switched back to my s8 after an hour.
27-03-2020, 18:49   #1728
rizzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoinf View Post
Got the phone today to replace an s8 with a bad battery.

It's not a great phone.

Surprised how bad it is actually.

Switched back to my s8 after an hour.
What makes it bad, in your opinion? After being an owner of a number of Galaxy S models including the 8 , 9 and 10e, I fail to see "how bad it is" compared...
27-03-2020, 20:02   #1729
eoinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzee View Post
What makes it bad, in your opinion? After being an owner of a number of Galaxy S models including the 8 , 9 and 10e, I fail to see "how bad it is" compared...
Screen isn't great and the non curved edge is difficult to move away from.

Build quality is questionable.

Wasn't a fan of the UI or version of Android.

Just felt a poor quality phone in the hand.

Currently researching swapping out the battery on my s8. If I can get that up to over a day of usage I'll be happy.

Anyway one for sale for 130 (which will recoup my costs) if anyone wants one.
27-03-2020, 20:12   #1730
Rewired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedHouse View Post
Got the €50 in the bank today, validated the 9th.
Same
Advertisement
28-03-2020, 11:09   #1731
kathy0810

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzee View Post
Have you contacted them since? Hopefully if a white one pops into stock they might push ahead with the order!! Fingers crossed.
I went into a Vodafone store and they had the Pixel 3A in stock in black, so got that last night. Then logged into my Vodafone account and tried to cancel the order for the white one in the 'My Orders' window. Checked today and the money has gone back into my account! The staff in the Vodafone store last night said that support should be able to cancel the order easily but after nearly 2hours on both the chat and phone support yesterday no one was able to cancel my order, so I'd recommend trying to do it yourself if possible! It's possible the order will come through eventually but I was sick of dealing with them after yesterday so wanted it done asap.
Thanks from:
28-03-2020, 11:49   #1732
rizzee

Quote:
I went into a Vodafone store and they had the Pixel 3A in stock in black, so got that last night. Then logged into my Vodafone account and tried to cancel the order for the white one in the 'My Orders' window. Checked today and the money has gone back into my account! The staff in the Vodafone store last night said that support should be able to cancel the order easily but after nearly 2hours on both the chat and phone support yesterday no one was able to cancel my order, so I'd recommend trying to do it yourself if possible! It's possible the order will come through eventually but I was sick of dealing with them after yesterday so wanted it done asap.
Great, glad you got sorted!

I'll pass the info on, thanks!!
28-03-2020, 11:49   #1733
rizzee

Quote:
Great, glad you got sorted!

I'll pass the info on, thanks!!
28-03-2020, 12:49   #1734
A1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoinf View Post
Screen isn't great and the non curved edge is difficult to move away from.

Build quality is questionable.

Wasn't a fan of the UI or version of Android.

Just felt a poor quality phone in the hand.

Currently researching swapping out the battery on my s8. If I can get that up to over a day of usage I'll be happy.

Anyway one for sale for 130 (which will recoup my costs) if anyone wants one.
Hi

I'll be happy to take it off you if you selling it.

Thanks
Advertisement
29-03-2020, 20:44   #1735
The Ayatolla

My partner ordered one Thursday. Website seems to have changed a lot in a week! Anyone order one in the last few days?

No more order starting with an "o".
29-03-2020, 23:20   #1736
jimmycrackcorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ayatolla View Post
My partner ordered one Thursday. Website seems to have changed a lot in a week! Anyone order one in the last few days?

No more order starting with an "o".
I just ordered one also. The website had changed and didn't show the 50 cashback but the claim link is still valid and the conditions to claim are still purchases up until the end of march, even if Vodafone aren't advertising it.
29-03-2020, 23:24   #1737
The Ayatolla

Yeah I managed to get a white one on Thursday when it showed as "in stock" so fingers crossed. The order status has changed not a few times as well so hopefully it goes smoothly...

Also got no email / order confirmation. So I saved the final order page as PDF just in-case - but that has no date on it.
30-03-2020, 12:31   #1738
positron

Black Pixel 3A ordered on Thursday was delivered today. Nice phone, great form factor. I have created the €50 claim request, fingers crossed.

I see Vodafone has changed their site a lot, and now you have to select a plan (minimum €20) with the phone? Decent phone even at €150.
30-03-2020, 12:55   #1739
donfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by positron View Post
Black Pixel 3A ordered on Thursday was delivered today. Nice phone, great form factor. I have created the €50 claim request, fingers crossed.

I see Vodafone has changed their site a lot, and now you have to select a plan (minimum €20) with the phone? Decent phone even at €150.
yes but if you choose their 20 euro pay as you go plan then will the SIM be locked to Vodafone and they will probably charge another fee to unlock it ?
30-03-2020, 13:01   #1740
rizzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ayatolla View Post
Yeah I managed to get a white one on Thursday when it showed as "in stock" so fingers crossed. The order status has changed not a few times as well so hopefully it goes smoothly...

Also got no email / order confirmation. So I saved the final order page as PDF just in-case - but that has no date on it.
Same here, but since last Monday. Going to wait for it to be automatically cancelled, if not, holding out for the order to be fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfers View Post
yes but if you choose their 20 euro pay as you go plan then will the SIM be locked to Vodafone and they will probably charge another fee to unlock it ?

Where are you getting that from? They are sim free.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion