Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you had 50,000 euro?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

re turkey
    what are rental yields like in good turkish resorts? have the attacks in summer where irish woman was killed in kusadasi affected prices/number of tourists?
    cant see the amount of tourists going to turkey increasing massively but there seems to be loads of new developments,where are renters gonna come from for all these properties ? what makes turkey attractive to european holiday makers? i know people who went there because it was cheap to eat drink etc but it wont stay cheap for much longer then people will go to closer resorts in spain italy portugal etc.
    turkey is also suseptible to powerful earthquakes and politcal risk ,a premium is required for these or at least good insurance.
    ive heard talk of a proposed law banning foreign land/property ownership in turkey and theres the risk of radical islam attacking resorts(turkey is 90%sunni muslim and 16 %unemployment exists fueling anger of young sunni men) and then values will plummett

Wow, wow, wow...slow down there speedy. Rental yields are good and they also depend on what way you rent it out (all year round or just summer season). Renters are coming from exactly the same place they have been for the last 20 years....all over the world. Turkey is an established holiday resort and has been for some time, just as is Spain. Yeah Turkey is suseptible to earthquakes, just as is California, or Florida and hurricanes. That talk of the proposed ban is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

This Arfur Daly chancer has been banned. Avoid like the plague....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

RainyDay wrote:
    This Arfur Daly chancer has been banned. Avoid like the plague....

I'm deleting all his posts on here. He should be site banned and all his posts deleted soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

vector wrote:
    buy lots of oil and store it in hidden rural tanks and sell it in 20years for a huge profit

LOL! I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

If I had €50,000 what would I do?, first I'd give the old parents half, pay my postgrad fees (€12,000), spend €3,000 on ****e like clothes, maybe a new PC, DVD's and save the remaining €10,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

That wouldn't be a very good investment Laguna.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

David19 wrote:
    That wouldn't be a very good investment Laguna.

Perhaps not, but it's honest. Though tbh the postgrad fees is a good one. An excellent investment. A PhD can earn you a lot more than any investment account in the long run tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Really I was just pointing out that the original question was how would you invest 50k, not how you'd spend it. I was just being overly pedantic.
    Anyway I agree, a PhD can be a good investment. Not always though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

1. Give some to charity.
    2. Put it against my mortgage.
    3. Put it in a rabobank account while I think about it (3%)
    4. Buy some risk free things like prize bonds.
    5. But some high risk shares shuch as Waterford Wedgwood.
    6. Buy some safe shares such as Anglo Irish Bank
    7. Buy a plazma TV.

Post in 2005 any changes.

What would you do now?

Sorry for the Bump. But it is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Elmo wrote: »
    Post in 2005 any changes.

What would you do now?

Sorry for the Bump. But it is interesting.

Lol at 5 and 6 but in fairness who was to know then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Elmo, read the charter: specifically the part about old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement