Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    They must have been following your twitter feed Lady Haywire

Coincidence! Odd one though seeing as I just posted that video yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,913 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is boards playing up on anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

whelan2 wrote: »

I had a cloudflare notice just once last night I think.
    My mobile internet is steadily getting worse with the last 2 months. Gets dog slow from about 10am and gets worse as the day goes on . Doesn't improve till 11pm. I'm less than 2 miles to Vodafone mast clear view with full 4G coverage but it's slipping back to H+ today. I'm doing speed tests with the Vodafone app on the phone with nearly 6 weeks. Its getting to the stage where I'll be looking for postcards shortly.
    I'm convinced they're throttling the speeds during the day. Day of the week doesn't matter. Goes to shyte everyday. Neighbours are complaining about the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

yeah, a small bit. Getting notifications of unread threads and when I click in to followed threads, no unread posts in followed threads?

Iirc, one of the nodes must be out of sync so hopefully someone can give it a slap of a hammer to help it sync up again:pac:

Edit: Been told it's been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

yeah, a small bit. Getting notifications of unread threads and when I click in to followed threads, no unread posts in followed threads?

Iirc, one of the nodes must be out of sync so hopefully someone can give it a slap of a hammer to help it sync up again:pac:

That or giving the Hamsters a good talking to. Are the striking for better conditions again? ;)

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    That or giving the Hamsters a good talking to. Are the striking for better conditions again? ;)

They're on a work to rule, want equal rights of access to coke and hookers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,940 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I had a cloudflare notice just once last night I think.
    My mobile internet is steadily getting worse with the last 2 months. Gets dog slow from about 10am and gets worse as the day goes on . Doesn't improve till 11pm. I'm less than 2 miles to Vodafone mast clear view with full 4G coverage but it's slipping back to H+ today. I'm doing speed tests with the Vodafone app on the phone with nearly 6 weeks. Its getting to the stage where I'll be looking for postcards shortly.
    I'm convinced they're throttling the speeds during the day. Day of the week doesn't matter. Goes to shyte everyday. Neighbours are complaining about the same thing.

Move to the moon.

Coincidence! Odd one though seeing as I just posted that video yesterday :pac:

Don't post one of licking lizards..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Move to the moon.

Its a bit of a joke. They can land a spacecraft on an asteroid millions of miles away travelling at God knows what speed without ever seeing the damn thing and yet I can't get a bit of decent internet speed from a mast 2 miles away. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Don't post one of licking lizards..

Could start a new trend.

• Advertisement

Its a bit of a joke. They can land a spacecraft on an asteroid millions of miles away travelling at God knows what speed without ever seeing the damn thing and yet I can't get a bit of decent internet speed from a mast 2 miles away. :rolleyes:

I know and they can/will/talk of put 4G on the moon. Preparing in the future for 5G.

https://news.sky.com/story/nokia-to-build-4g-network-on-the-moon-for-nasa-12108387

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭tanko

What does the 28 day TB extension mean?
    Is it that farmers due annual herd tests have an extra 28 days to get the test done or that animals can be sold up to 365+28 days after a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

tanko wrote: »
    What does the 28 day TB extension mean?
    Is it that farmers due annual herd tests have an extra 28 days to get the test done or that animals can be sold up to 365+28 days after a test.
    The last time they gave farmers 28 days extra before their herds were restricted. I presume it is the same this time.

I got a form today about a Tb hardship grant. I'm locked up waiting for the results of lesions in a cow sent to the factory in August. Am I eligible for this payment or what's the story with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Highlights from the Good Wood speed festival on itv4 there, very enjoyable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I got a form today about a Tb hardship grant. I'm locked up waiting for the results of lesions in a cow sent to the factory in August. Am I eligible for this payment or what's the story with it?

Are the pedigrees in your Dad's name/herd no? Reason I ask is I don't think dairy farmers qualify for the hardship grant, he might get it though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Are the pedigrees in your Dad's name/herd no? Reason I ask is I don't think dairy farmers qualify for the hardship grant, he might get it though.

Pedigrees are in his herd. Will ring them later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

blue5000 wrote: »

Yea, a dairy farmer friend was restricted for two years and never got a penny, dairy farmers have the milkcheque so have cashflow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

wrangler wrote: »
    Yea, a dairy farmer friend was restricted for two years and never got a penny, dairy farmers have the milkcheque so have cashflow

No compensation for lost milk sales. Lost a good number midway thru the year in 2 different years. All costs associated with milk production incurred and 20k worth of milk supply removed from ya....

I rang them there and she didn't know why the form was sent to me .

• Advertisement

I was in town earlier today, stuck behind a delivery lorry in a 2 lane one way street when their left hand indicator came on so I indicated to overtake on the right and pulled out from behind him but something stopped me from going too hard.

Anyway, he swing out onto the right hand lane and I jammed on the brakes, only a few feet beyond the back of his lorry. Yer man jumps down shouting and pointing and cursing me all roads so I got out as well and said nothing, just beckoned him behind his lorry to show him his indicator flashing left and the right one dead.

"Yeah, well you should be more f***ing careful, you c***!", sez he and back into his lorry so I stopped there because he couldn't reverse back to where he wanted to go with my car left there and I couldn't drive forward with his lorry blocking both lanes. And I couldn't reverse as there was more cars pulled up behind me.

He eventually had to drive off and come round again. First time in ages I've seen an indicator blown in a lorry so be careful out there, folks.

Just wondering who's next in line for Ag minister?:pac:
    https://twitter.com/franmcnulty/status/1319669609751085056?s=19

Wasnt there something that the sanitizer being used in schools shouldn't contain alcohol in case kids drank it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,066 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It contained methanol instead of ethanol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,066 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Are doe tests still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

I was in town earlier today, stuck behind a delivery lorry in a 2 lane one way street when their left hand indicator came on so I indicated to overtake on the right and pulled out from behind him but something stopped me from going too hard.

Anyway, he swing out onto the right hand lane and I jammed on the brakes, only a few feet beyond the back of his lorry. Yer man jumps down shouting and pointing and cursing me all roads so I got out as well and said nothing, just beckoned him behind his lorry to show him his indicator flashing left and the right one dead.

"Yeah, well you should be more f***ing careful, you c***!", sez he and back into his lorry so I stopped there because he couldn't reverse back to where he wanted to go with my car left there and I couldn't drive forward with his lorry blocking both lanes. And I couldn't reverse as there was more cars pulled up behind me.

He eventually had to drive off and come round again. First time in ages I've seen an indicator blown in a lorry so be careful out there, folks.

My dad was stuck behind a neighbour in his tractor one time. He knew where he would be turning off the road so didn’t overtake. He had to cross the road but the wrong indicator came on. Dad stopped to tell him and neighbour said they couldn’t be as he had just checked them recently. He put it on and they were working correctly. Dad then said to push the break and see and when he did the other indicator came on.
    Can’t be careful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭straight

Are doe tests still going ahead?

Ya, passed mine today. Garages open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Tractor has been struggling and messing about starting.

Put on an new starter today and it’s like a new tractor.

I hate, hate, hate a yoke that is dodgy starting. Old it may be, but it really must start.

• Advertisement

Why is the department of agriculture in charge of the sanitizer?

Advertisement