Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of no claims discount not correct!

• 06-10-2020 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi my policy is up for renewal and I need some advice as I am really confused about what’s after happening!

Few months ago I posted this thread about this incident

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058078263/1/#post113455320

I rang my insurance company at the time and told them the story and said he has agreed to settle without going through insurance. All went fine until now!

Now I have gotten my Statement of No Claims Discount and it is telling me that I have

No Claims Discount: 43%
    Claim Free Years: 0
    Point on scale: 2

It has a note under “Claims/Conviction Details”

Incident: Third Party pulled out from side rd onto main rd and hit insured.
    Amount: €55.00

How am I after loosing my 2 years no claims when I never actually claimed anything or nobody claimed from me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I think it's a coding problem by whoever closed down your file. The €55 would be an internal administration charge which has no effect on your bonus or premium. The incident should have been coded as Settled Against Third Party and not Settled.

A phone call should clarify and rectify the automated sysem

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

I think it's a coding problem by whoever closed down your file. The €55 would be an internal administration charge which has no effect on your bonus or premium. The incident should have been coded as Settled Against Third Party and not Settled.

A phone call should clarify and rectify the automated sysem

I really hope so! Loosing them will really affect me as I’m only 20! I will contact them tomorrow and see what happens and will update. Thanks for the advice

I really hope so! Loosing them will really affect me as I’m only 20! I will contact them tomorrow and see what happens and will update. Thanks for the advice

Just a query. You say you're 20 and your bonus has been knocked back to 43%. How many years NCB should you have?

Just a query. You say you're 20 and your bonus has been knocked back to 43%. How many years NCB should you have?

I should have 2 years from now! But it says I have 0 years on the statement? It says I’m 2 points on the scale though so not sure what it means either

I should have 2 years from now! But it says I have 0 years on the statement? It says I’m 2 points on the scale though so not sure what it means either

Ah, that clarifies things. You're getting the benefit of 2 years NCB, but there is still a coding issue. IMO, it should read

No Claims Discount 43%
    Claim Free Year 2
    Point on Scale 2

Status. Closed, settled against 3rd party
    Amount €55, administration costs only

A call should sort it

• Advertisement

Ah, that clarifies things. You're getting the benefit of 2 years NCB, but there is still a coding issue. IMO, it should read

No Claims Discount 43%
    Claim Free Year 2
    Point on Scale 2

Status. Closed, settled against 3rd party
    Amount €55, administration costs only

A call should sort it

Yeah that’s true and would make sense! I’ll call them tomorrow hopefully be sorted without too much hassle! Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

How'd it work out on the call today OP?

tcawley29 wrote: »
    How'd it work out on the call today OP?

So called my broker twice today and got the same spiel off both of the operators. They said I still have my two years no claims bonus but I have 0 years claims free driving, it’s basically been put down as a non-fault settled claim! They said it has to stay like this on the statement! But they ensured me it won’t affect my premiums. Then literally said some insurance companies may not quote you because you are outside their criteria!

I rang another two brokers and they quoted me €1250 and €1300. I told them all about what had happened and that I still had 2 points on the no claims bonus scale. They then gave me the quotes. But one operator told me this should not be the case and I should be able to get my claims free driving years back to two by ringing my insurance company. He had a name for it but basically meant that it was just noted to be settled without going through insurance. So I’m just more confused now than ever on where I go from here!

I know it is daunting, but you need to stick at it. Ask them to explain the difference between an accident and a claim. A claim is when you receive funds under YOUR policy either for your damages or damages you cause to another party

If they have not paid out, IT''S NOT A CLAIM. Some people in my profession make me despair at times

Advertisement