Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Well Sarah certainly kept pressing the point and questioning Josepha Madigan, much better than Claire in the morning

Better than Claire for sure, but it does often sound like grandstanding. I wish she went after Cormac Lucey this evening...using stats from May and the North's response to justify not upping restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Cole wrote: »
    Better than Claire for sure, but it does often sound like grandstanding. I wish she went after Cormac Lucey this evening...using stats from May and the North's response to justify not upping restrictions.

Two chances there Cole, totally different ‘attitude’ with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new presenters very much, couldn't listen to Mary Wilson at all for the last long time.

Hopefully they'll breathe a new lease of life into the show, a decent drive time current affairs show is badly needed.

If Sarah McInerney's stint during the summer was anything to go by, it should be half decent.
    I feel I have to post to show some support for Mary Wilson. I always found her to be a no-nonsense, straight-talking, no frills interviewer. I know it's a case of one man's meat is another man's poison but, in this case, i'm on Mary's side. Also, not a fan of Sarah McInerney.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jaysus, The country is in a heap and the second story of the flagship news is about using "Dear Sir" in solicitors' correspondences.

Very tabloidesque.

The Media are desperately trying to big up this stuff.

O’Headhra desperately trying to sensationalize the level three compared to level five discussion.

Cormac.... if you don’t want to be killed in a car accident, never get into a car.

If you don’t want to be killed in a random accident outside, never go out

Life is about taking some risk, it’s about living, not existing, that’s what’s happening now.

A balance is being put out there by the govt. it may work it may not, depends on compliance percentage.

The Media only want to sell newsprint, or gain listeners or viewers.

Cop the fcuheerke on people.

• Advertisement

Level 3 with additional enforcement will actually be "additional advising"...my quote of the day.

The ‘Doomsday Dog’ being thrown raw meat at the moment I would opine.

Scraping the bottom of the trap.

Norn Iron... huge spike in infections, they are wondering why.

Take a look at McAleers Bar after the buck leppin in the ‘Gannon .

No mystery at all..... none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great interview by Sarah there in relation to the climate action bill and the green minister was pulled up when asked specific questions about targets after the minister started the flowery talk. So the new bill has no targets set out in it and it’s implementation will assured by the oireachtas. God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah yah, promo for Ashford castle there, patrons from both Galway and mayo can stay there.. Very busy all through the last few months simply because only people of a certain income range could afford to stay there. The two of them actually laughing away there at how Ashford is getting around the regulations.. Will the gardai be payin them a visit? They will in their nelly. Allright for some though

• Advertisement

Here he comes, they held the raw meat for him

The deep breathing is on, the cadence rising, the doomsday voice in full throttle.

No reportage of any balanced way just a full frontal attack on the govt.

Guy just wants to go full frontal, and try to hammer the govt any way he can.

Bad news all the way.... wer’e all fcucked.... it’s all over ..he’s running out of breath, blaming the govt and everyone but those who are responsible.

The stults who won’t comply...... well done pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Here he comes, they held the raw meat for him

The deep breathing is on, the cadence rising, the doomsday voice in full throttle.

No reportage of any balanced way just a full frontal attack on the govt.

Guy just wants to go full frontal, and try to hammer the govt any way he can.

Bad news all the way.... wer’e all fcucked.... it’s all over ..he’s running out of breath, blaming the govt and everyone but those who are responsible.

The stults who won’t comply...... well done pal.

Care to translate the quasi-gombeen gibberish?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I bet plenty of stuff will be railroaded through the Dail since we are all looking Over There now.

Good days to bury bad news as they say.

Care to translate the quasi-gombeen gibberish?

Try to think for yourself, for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Surprised Barry Lenehan isn't a character in Callans kicks...the grim reaper always delivering negative news.

The ‘Doomsday Dog’ is in full flow now, building up the head of steam.

Hoping the whole place will collapse, while he has his inflated wedge guaranteed.

Liam Herrick from the Irish Council for Civil Liberties...improve the messaging...blah...blah...communicate with young people...blah...blah...fines don't work...

So all of the numerous laws that have the threat of a fine for breaches has absolutely no impact on anyone's behaviour at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Liam Herrick from the Irish Council for Civil Liberties...improve the messaging...blah...blah...communicate with young people...blah...blah...fines don't work...

So all of the numerous laws that have the threat of a fine for breaches has absolutely no impact on anyone's behaviour at all?
    Unable to answer when Sarah stared scrutinising his comments.He gets far too much air time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your going down a very dangerous road there, people will do what they want regardless it's pretty much the same as every other law.
    Guards don't want to issue fines they just want the power to use them as a threat.
    We need to move away from this narrative that anyone who doesn't wear any type of rag on their face is commiting attempted murder and the pint men are killing nursing home residents, it's absolute nonsense without any evidence to say it's true.

Your going down a very dangerous road there, people will do what they want regardless it's pretty much the same as every other law.
    Guards don't want to issue fines they just want the power to use them as a threat.
    We need to move away from this narrative that anyone who doesn't wear any type of rag on their face is commiting attempted murder and the pint men are killing nursing home residents, it's absolute nonsense without any evidence to say it's true.

I didn't say or suggest any of those things...obviously on different roads.

• Advertisement

Everybody knows that Pat doesn’t respond well to ‘threats’.

Plenty of evidence that face coverings are helpful in the control of CV19

Nobody saying that ‘pint men’ are killing nursing home residents.

Bit of a scatter gun post, dude.

The Doomsday Dog is in early, everything is there the funereal cadence, the heavy breathing, the prospect of total doomsday being promulgated with gusto.

No hope for us, we are all bolloxed,as Cormac tosses the passes to the DD to hammer into the net.

The DD knows the questions in advance so is in like a shot from a gun to ensure maximum doom and gloom being punched out.

Cormac still throwing the bones to the DD who is in like a ferret to a burrow to make sure maximum gloom and doom, nothing positive, nothing progressive, just lie dawn and wait for the end.

That’s what the Doomsday Dog is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The Doomsday Dog is in early, everything is there the funereal cadence, the heavy breathing, the prospect of total doomsday being promulgated with gusto.

He (Barry Lenehan) would be a great horse racing commentator, with all the horses falling and dying along the way.

He (Barry Lenehan) would be a great horse racing commentator, with all the horses falling and dying along the way.

Few jockeys as well..... one or two broken backs... at least one broken pelvis.

Bollocks to the actual race ...just concentrate on all the bad news.

Jaysus this show has gone to the dogs...

Jaysus this show has gone to the dogs...

Have to agree Cole, completely false ‘ bonhomie’ and staged ‘banter’ between the presenters.

Not working..... in this poster opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Have to agree Cole, completely false ‘ bonhomie’ and staged ‘banter’ between the presenters.

I enjoy listening to them I have to say.

I was very impressed with Sarah on the morning show and I still am. She keeps your interest as an interviewer and she doesn't let people off the hook.

I think Cormac and herself get on well on the show and I find the programme more engaging and a bit warmer than Mary Wilson's time.

If Mary had a co-host on Drivetime it would have been better because herself and Aine Lawlor are working a treat on Morning Ireland these days also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

100% agree - when the show is 'singular' presentation by either Sarah or Cormac it works but once the duo start presenting and bantering together it falls apart and is totally unnecessary imo

I enjoy listening to them I have to say.

I was very impressed with Sarah on the morning show and I still am. She keeps your interest as an interviewer and she doesn't let people off the hook.

I think Cormac and herself get on well on the show and I find the programme more engaging and a bit warmer than Mary Wilson's time.

If Mary had a co-host on Drivetime it would have been better because herself and Aine Lawlor are working a treat on Morning Ireland these days also.

I’m with you on this. It’s still settling in but definitely an improvement as far as I’m concerned

• Advertisement

The Doomsday Dog is pawing the floor of the kennel.......

Advertisement