Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of a sportstar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭steve_r

Interesting - putting this on the list. It's a fascinating (if slightly morbid) topic.

I wonder if they'll cover the Robert Enke story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Excellent. thank you for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

Thanks for sharing an interesting podcast.

steve_r wrote: »
    Interesting - putting this on the list. It's a fascinating (if slightly morbid) topic.

I wonder if they'll cover the Robert Enke story?

I think I seen an episode on him on the list from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭Tork

I gave some of these a listen and they were grand at the start. But by the end I was starting to feel a bit grubby. Maybe I'm biased because it's an Irish story but I disliked the Anthony Foley one. The way they described his wife finding out the news and then telling their kids felt like I was eavesdropping on a private conversation. That episode was needless and I wonder did they choose it because they needed a European death?

On the other hand, the Mike Webster one, which led into the American football CTE issue, was a story that is worth telling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement