Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mods feel free to remove if you feel I'm chancing my arm...

• 19-09-2020 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Ok some of you will remember me from years back but after much soul thought and literally not using my cam gear anymore I have decided to probably sell it.

Yes ofc I've used adverts plenty but I just thought I'd give a heads up here to people I know, PM me for chat

It's a 2 year old but barely used Canon 5D mk 4
    1 year old 16-35L F4

(Both the above are from Hong Kong as my girlfriend is originally from there and we visit each year)

24-70L mk II

70-200L f4 IS

135L 2.0

40mm Pancake lens

Canon extender 1.4 mk II

Speedlight 430EX mk II
    and other bobs n bits (memory cards/dust cleaner etc)

I know it isn't a great time to sell what with Covid and I also would prefer to sell this all in 1 go which I ofc would give a better price.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

ah jaysus, would you not be tempted to hang onto it in case the muse strikes once again. I go through periods when I don't shoot much or at all, always get fired up again at some point about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

My phone cam captures most things that I want and I don't go to much gigs these days, I'm 56 these days :P

I'll prob hang on until Xmas or so but I've been feeling this way a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

My phone cam captures most things that I want and I don't go to much gigs these days, I'm 56 these days :P

Ahhhh, feck. D'you mean I've only three years left before I have to give up the gigs too? :eek: I was counting on being able to heft a camera around for at least another 15 ... :(

(not that it's been hefted much these last few months, but that's nothing to do with my age, or Covid)

Ahhhh, feck. D'you mean I've only three years left before I have to give up the gigs too? :eek: I was counting on being able to heft a camera around for at least another 15 ... :(

(not that it's been hefted much these last few months, but that's nothing to do with my age, or Covid)
    There are no good up n coming Punk bands with Raw energy these days unfortunately and it's far more easier to photograph when you feel "into it"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

There are no good up n coming Punk bands with Raw energy these days unfortunately and it's far more easier to photograph when you feel "into it"

Ah right. So it's Punk that's had its day, not you or your camera gear! :D My taste lies elsewhere, with plenty of raw energy, so phew, should be OK then (though I'm usually too busy dancing to be taking photos ... )

I went about ten years without putting a hand on my best camera (back in the days of film), thought I'd got used to quick-n-easy digital, then one day dug it out and suddenly realised what I'd been missing for the previous decade.

If you're not 100% sure you're at the end of that phase of your life, I'd be inclined to only sell the gear as a complete lot. It'd be very painful to re-discover your interest and have nothing left but the Speedlight, the extender and one of the lenses!

• Advertisement

If you're not 100% sure you're at the end of that phase of your life, I'd be inclined to only sell the gear as a complete lot. It'd be very painful to re-discover your interest and have nothing left but the Speedlight, the extender and one of the lenses!

They're exactly my thoughts but who the hell will have that type of money during these covid days?? :P

Anyway my brother called me today and want's me to photograph my nephew's 18th....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Anyway my brother called me today and want's me to photograph my nephew's 18th....

You should buy an R5 for that.

Seriously, you know you want to.

Advertisement