Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most unusual/rare game thing you own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Unfortunately I was a broke student at the time, so I think I topped out at about 20 games, couldn't afford any more. Had to make some really tough decisions in the end. Shame these situations don't present themselves while we're gainfully employed adults, eh?

Go to Japan and find a 'Book off' store. Their bargain bins are a treasure trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Go to Japan and find a 'Book off' store. Their bargain bins are a treasure trove.

Is that the same as 'Hard off'?

Always reminds me of watching Lukemorse on youtube, the guy was addicted to that place. You could see his marriage falling apart in the background of his youtube videos all the while he hoarded more and more videogames and was completely unaware. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Have a South Park 360 sitting on my shelf and the other stuff that came with it ,poster ,mug ,etc.

There was only 10 of them made.

https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/xbox-360-south-park

Also have 2 sets of Samba De Amigo dreamcast maracas. (Mint in box ;) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is that the same as 'Hard off'?

Always reminds me of watching Lukemorse on youtube, the guy was addicted to that place. You could see his marriage falling apart in the background of his youtube videos all the while he hoarded more and more videogames and was completely unaware. :eek:

Think they are the same group. Book Off is more books and magazine but also has videogames.

Really crazy going into these japanese shops and they still have PS1 games for sale, although that probably changed since I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

There was a deluge of retro stuff on the few Book Offs I wandered into in Osaka and Tokyo last year! I should've bought a second suitcase!

• Advertisement

There was a deluge of retro stuff on the few Book Offs I wandered into in Osaka and Tokyo last year! I should've bought a second suitcase!

All for 100 yen.

I wish I could go travelling again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really crazy going into these japanese shops and they still have PS1 games for sale, although that probably changed since I've been there.

because you bought them all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Vectrex is still working, which is rare in these parts!
    I do also have the Atari Super Pong from the mid 70s which I imported, as they didn't come out here.
    My Sega CDX is pretty cool too.
    And, of course, the Virtual Boy!

Dammit, still regretting selling my Nuon and Tempest 3000...

Skerries wrote: »
    because you bought them all

I was really annoyed with my bank at the time. They only let me take out a certain amount of money from an atm a day when I was there.

In retrospect it was the only thing that saved me from bankruptcy.

Advertisement