Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUDUBLIN - ITB/ITT Springboard Diploma AI/Computing

• 02-09-2020 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi

I was hoping to get some insight from anyone whose done the course/taught on it/employed from it etc

I've got a MSc in UX with a little programming in C# and Javascript but very specific to use cases, I'm looking to open myself up to more development roles in computer graphics and machine learning and also gain a more solid foundation in programming with which to go on to do more specific self directed study in the specific areas i'm interested in. I can't find any springboard course focusing on graphics so I think that's largely something I need to teach myself. But there are some crossover modules in AI/Machine Learning courses that look like they may address some of what i'm interested in and beyond that, seem like a good in demand area to delve into if the design jobs continue to be more scarce.

First course i'm looking at is:
    Diploma in Machine Learning & AI for Industry @ TUDublin Tallaght

Then there's two very similar courses in different places:
    Higher Diploma in Science in Computing @TUDublin Blanchardstown

Higher Diploma in Science in Computing @TUDublin Tallaght

I'm leaning towards the ML & AI diploma in Tallaght (Its unfortunately not a higher diploma like the others but seems more specific, I'm keen to learn C++ and Python, looks like it might just be Python but then the other two seem like they're Java) but can anyone give me any insight into it? languages learnt, if you don't have OOP fundamentals and architecture down is that something that's covered etc? I did my masters in DIT and loved it but don't know much about ITT and ITB other than they're all under the same University label now. Is the teaching up to date? I'm also looking at similar courses in NCI, DBS and CCT as they are unfortunately my only options as deadlines have passed for other universities. I've heard horror stories about NCI and a bit dubious about private colleges so I'm inclined to favour the IT's over them but if anyone has experience of the AI courses in any of these places I'd love to hear.

Many thanks

Advertisement