Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

• 21-08-2020 5:29pm

We have just said goodbye to Sarah McInerney, who many people consider did a splendid job on the "Today" program, and we wish her well in her future career. Experienced broadcaster Claire Byrne steps into the prime role on Monday, and we can be sure she will bring her own good qualities to the program, and we wish her well in her new position.

No doubt we will find much to comment about here, good and bad, and whilst having our diverse opinions we should keep it personally respectful to the presenter and to one another here.

Catmaniac the Mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I'm sure she'll do a perfectly polished job, but no boats will be rocked. Hopefully it won't be as dumbed down as her woeful television show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

In before anyone else

It's rubbish:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Will she be broadcasting from Montrose or her garden shed? Which is the more dramatic?

She has bog boots to fill, Sarah Mc did an excellent job; not perfect, but waaay above average.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We shall see.

But really who cares.

Will be same old ****e from CB anyway.

Hope the dulcet tones of SmcInerney gets her a decent spot going forward. That's a given anyway.

Any guesses where for SMInernery now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

It's astonishing that Sarah McInerney hasn't managed to solidify a role anywhere. She always seems to be passed from pillar to post. Was her stint at Newstalk the longest?

Best broadcaster since Vincent Browne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

KevRossi wrote: »
    Will she be broadcasting from Montrose or her garden shed? Which is the more dramatic?

She has bog boots to fill, Sarah Mc did an excellent job; not perfect, but waaay above average.

will the in studio video feed be on RTE News Now channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If anyone spots the new podcast feed (if they don't reuse the old one) shout here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Someone on the old thread predicted the Indo would do a spread on Claire, well done whoever that was. Today’s Indo has a feature on her on page 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Someone on the old thread predicted the Indo would do a spread on Claire, well done whoever that was. Today’s Indo has a feature on her on page 2 and 3.

That was me! Told you I can predict the future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

That's the main reason why she got the job in the first place. Appeals to the kind of people who like reading the same crap feature article in the Indo again and again, now that Miriam is getting on a bit - how does she manage to juggle having a job with being a mother? And isn't her hair fabulous? How does she manage it? Her high profile means that she'll pull in a bigger sponsor for the show than a proper journalist like Sarah McInerney would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

bureau2009 wrote: »

Did you write it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Claire’s on page 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Claire’s on page 3.

The good old days she would have made a lovely page 3 .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The good old days she would have made a lovely page 3 .

Carful now.

Theyd all make lovely page 3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Missed yesterdays Today show and just listened back now, that was one great piece of radio and its unfortunate that Sarah wont be able to get stuck in to this story next week as she was doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Carful now.

Theyd all make lovely page 3s.

Now now. Be careful you don't upset the girls - they all have lovely bottoms

Although I'd take SM clearly over CB if I had to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

bureau2009 wrote: »

Fair play! And another interview in Today’s Sindo with Claire by Niamh Horan

.anon. wrote: »
    That's the main reason why she got the job in the first place. Appeals to the kind of people who like reading the same crap feature article in the Indo again and again, now that Miriam is getting on a bit - how does she manage to juggle having a job with being a mother? And isn't her hair fabulous? How does she manage it? Her high profile means that she'll pull in a bigger sponsor for the show than a proper journalist like Sarah McInerney would have.

The person who arranges all this is:

https://www.nkmanagement.ie/claire-byrne---profile.html

Nobody who is not in his stable gets the plumb media jobs.

Content, delivery and challenging guests will be the key for me.

I will listen back. Much prefer PK at Newstalk anyway. Now he ain't perfect but I like him so there we are.

The person who arranges all this is:

https://www.nkmanagement.ie/claire-byrne---profile.html

Nobody who is not in his stable gets the plumb media jobs.

Double negative there CAT, but I get what you mean. :p

• Advertisement

Double negative there CAT, but I get what you mean. :p

I know dat!
    I know dat!
    I know dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Michael Martin, first guest.

Both say - 'what a way to start' (Claire's show)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

The disappointment hearing Claire Byrne (whom I do like ). Sarah McInerney was just so good, don’t think Byrne can match her at all, too bland and doesn’t push her guests like Sarah does.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

If I’m not mistaken the theme tune has been remixed. Seems to have a more upbeat sound. First guest up Taoiseach Michael Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

WOnder will she corner him about schools

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it true Michael Martin sponsored one of the prizes for the golf? That was mentioned in the Phil Hogan thread.

Martin sounds downbeat to me.
    Or more downbeat.

Is it true Michael Martin sponsored one of the prizes for the golf? That was mentioned in the Phil Hogan thread.
    I really doubt he did personally.
    I only found out yesterday Donie bloody Cassidy is the vice pres of FF!
    Id' say it was him, being the covid dinner organiser and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Martin sounds downbeat to me.
    Or more downbeat.

Awful stuff so far, Martin stuttering throughout.!

• Advertisement

Awful stuff so far, Martin stuttering throughout.!
    I have to say Vardakar does better at these, yesterday on radio as an example.
    *Not a fan at all, at all

Advertisement