Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Presonus StudioLive AR12 USB B-Stock mixer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What are you planning on doing with it? Do they need to be self powered, or do you have an amp? What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Are you using it in a studio setup or for live work?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭kingofbeers

Thanks for the reply. I’m just using it in my back garden to do a little bit of DJing in the future if ever I have a party when COVID is gone. I do not have an amp so I assume self powered speakers.

Btw I don’t have a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Btw I don’t have a budget.

As in you don't have any money or you don't have any limit?

You're DJ'ing, does that mean you want your garden to be a venue where people just chill out with music in the background or do you want it to sound like a club where people can't talk to each other?

Without knowing anything about the space it's tough to say but 100-150W active
    PA speakers will give you a lot of options, regarding which ones, look up reviews, research and make sure you have XLR inputs as your desk has XLR outputs.

• Advertisement

KeithTS wrote: »
    As in you don't have any money or you don't have any limit?

You're DJ'ing, does that mean you want your garden to be a venue where people just chill out with music in the background or do you want it to sound like a club where people can't talk to each other?

Without knowing anything about the space it's tough to say but 100-150W active
    PA speakers will give you a lot of options, regarding which ones, look up reviews, research and make sure you have XLR inputs as your desk has XLR outputs.

Thanks for the info.

do you think these would go together - mixer - https://www.thomann.de/ie/presonus_studiolive_ar12c.htm and 2 of these speakers - https://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_eurolive_b215d.htm for playing music at partys in the future when all this lockdown is lifted. Also i would use it to record some music in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

They would go together fine, the speaker has an XLR input which is what you need. I would probably go for 1000 watt speakers, it's almost certainly more than you need but it'll mean you have lots of headroom.

Advertisement