Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indycar 2022

Comments

Found some in-play betting so went with Castroneves and Hunter-Reay. All the talk about the young drivers I fancy one of the old dogs to pull it out. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

With a yellow, it took 1 hour 23 minutes for 250 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Absolutely raging. I screwed up the timing for this. Only tuning in now. Has it been a good one

Only put a fiver on Rahal, was thinking he was well set, he could have done it on 1 more stop. He really blew it there.

Not his fault! Ah no.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Conor Daly can’t buy any luck at this race.

It’s like Barrichello any time he raced at Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Shame for Rahal. That loose tyre could have gone anywhere.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Relief that nobody was hurt in that. Hopefully whatever damage to Daly's car is limited

Bloody hard to call still.

With a bit of luck with a caution Dixon could win this ****er yet!

Wonder if we'll see people jump early for the last stop, maybe with 30 to go. Looks like they're able to stay on the lead lap with 5+ seconds in hand so should stay on the lead lap.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's a shootout between Palou, Helio and Pato going to be great!

What a race.

Helioooooooo!!!! Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What a win. Timed it perfectly for the overtake. Delighted for em.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Great race. Big fan of Mike Shank from his sportscar team, absolutely delighted for them all.

Reading a report probably won't make it seem the most exciting race but it was a good one live.

Brilliantly timed pass at the end.

And 100 quid profit for me ain't the worst. :pac: Not too go too far into gambling talk but IndyCar is something I've likely made 7 or 8 times my money back on over the years. Pre-race the odds today were almost just qualifying order. In-race they don't react quickly at all and don't seem to account for strategy at all. Looks like Paddy Power have stopped doing it (or maybe it's just me :pac: )

I can't believe it was 20 freakin years ago I watched this exact same man climb that fence, 20 years on he does it again for a 4th time

Greatest driver to never win an indycar championship, one of the greatest to have never raced in Formula 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Great win tonight for Spiderman. And good to see Pato, Herta, Palou and Veekay show that these guys are the future. Still a bit of a season ahead. Dixon almost on the back foot in the points.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

If I were Gene Haas I’d be making a play to bring Colton Herta to F1.

A famous name in Motorsport, young, American and most importantly talented, surely they wont be short of sponsors to try get behind that instead of the **** show they have now?

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    If I were Gene Haas I’d be making a play to bring Colton Herta to F1.

A famous name in Motorsport, young, American and most importantly talented, surely they wont be short of sponsors to try get behind that instead of the **** show they have now?

It's all about Money. I don't think Herta would draw the sort of money that would turn things around for Haas.

Herta basically has a shot at winning races in Indy most weeks. Why move to F1 to plod around at the back of the field

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    It's all about Money. I don't think Herta would draw the sort of money that would turn things around for Haas.

Herta basically has a shot at winning races in Indy most weeks. Why move to F1 to plod around at the back of the field

That’s what I’m saying though. Surely Herta would bring in some money? Maybe not but the only thing F1 is lacking is an American driver so I thought there would be some demand to see that to the point where some sponsors would back him.

Faugheen wrote: »
    That’s what I’m saying though. Surely Herta would bring in some money? Maybe not but the only thing F1 is lacking is an American driver so I thought there would be some demand to see that to the point where some sponsors would back him.

But is Herta going to being the $100m a year to give Haas a chance to compete for a podium? F1 money is 100s times more then Indycar costs.

Teams in Indycar could operate 3 or 4 cars a season on Hamiltons salary alone.

I think Americans are too wrapped up in their own domestic sports (basketball, baseball, nfl, nascar).

Faugheen wrote:
    F1 is lacking competitiveness. Only two cars have a shot to win on any given weekend, I suppose that's an improvement on the last couple of years where it was basically one car(Mercedes) that could win most weeks.
    You saw a 46 year old man use his driving skills to win last night.
    In F1 the driver doesn't matter much, you could take any of 15 drivers and put them in Hamilton's car and the results over the last couple of years would be close to identical.
    Indycar is far more competitive and more exciting because of that.
    An American driver not winning much isn't going to get big sponsorship. So if Herta got a Mercedes contract then yes it's be a huge deal but not if he got a Williams or other contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oh, right, we're back. Detroit doubleheader.

Saturday
    Quali: 4pm
    Race: 7pm (green 7:05pm)

Sunday
    Quali: 2pm
    Race: 5pm (green 5:50pm)

Sky didn't show last night's practice by the way. And early listings for next weekend show similar treatment for Road America - no practice coverage, and losing the first half hour of pre-race for Ted's goddamn Notebook.

I'm not sure what the Sky coverage was like but NBC missed the start due and started their coverage just when the 1st lap was being completed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the Sky coverage was like but NBC missed the start due and started their coverage just when the 1st lap was being completed

No issues on Sky - interesting strategies being played out - hard to pick a winner at the moment

Very scary crash for Rosenqvist throttle stuck

And another example of idiotic TV directing to focus on the in cockpit camera shot of a driver clearly in pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Very scary crash for Rosenqvist throttle stuck

And another example of idiotic TV directing to focus on the in cockpit camera shot of a driver clearly in pain

Very positive update on Felix, concious,alert and no obvious injuries, Being brought to the hospital for more detailed scans.
    Great news .

• Advertisement

Yeah great to hear he is ok. Rossi with a great chance to get the win here now, His teammate Herta is a danger to him.

Advertisement