Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

Worrying though that they are already discounted!😥

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Tago Mago

As someone else I think mentioned earlier, we will do whatever we see the Tories doing, no point in saying any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭dublin49

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Any expectation of definitive statements from either side is completely unrealistic. The constant demands for 'certainty' on hospitality, school openings, travel, gigs, whatever is a nonsense. I'm no fan of our elected representatives but anyone making concrete plans more than 3 or 4 weeks down the line is asking to be made a fool of. Vaccinate like lunatics and hope for the best.

fully agree,pulling hair listening to lobbyists etc" only looking for certainty ".The saying I do agree with ,is "DATA NOT DATES" should dictate opening up and they could be more specific around that.Such as less than 10 in ICU allied to less than 100 nationwide cases and we move to level x.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

dublin49 wrote:
    fully agree,pulling hair listening to lobbyists etc" only looking for certainty ".The saying I do agree with ,is "DATA NOT DATES" should dictate opening up and they could be more specific around that.Such as less than 10 in ICU allied to less than 100 nationwide cases and we move to level x.

I don't disagree but I think the new variants has scuppered that approach, because the basis for the approach is predictable behavior (by the virus and people).
    As December showed previous assumptions of behaviour and outcomes were completely disrupted by the new UK variant behaviors with regard to transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭endainoz

Soooo I had seen a few posts back people were on about going overseas for gigs and such during the summer if there's none in the republic. I'd certainly rule out going on a plane somewhere but how would folks here feel about going up north for a gig or two in like July/August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Soooo I had seen a few posts back people were on about going overseas for gigs and such during the summer if there's none in the republic. I'd certainly rule out going on a plane somewhere but how would folks here feel about going up north for a gig or two in like July/August?

I'm taking myself out of doing anything until I've had me stabby jabby

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I'd go personally. Would take a test before hand to ensure I wasn't travelling sick but by that stage it'd be a risk I'd be willing to take. I think the average new daily cases was about 10 in July last year, if the case load this summer is as small coupled with the amount of vaccinated folks, it's a risk I'd be OK with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'm taking myself out of doing anything until I've had me stabby jabby

oooooh matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not a bad wee lineup for End of the Road this year, just wondering if this will go ahead in the UK, looks to be the same dates as traditionally as EP.

EOTR2021-1st-Instagram-scaled.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not a bad wee lineup for End of the Road this year, just wondering if this will go ahead in the UK, looks to be the same dates as traditionally as EP.

Ah, that's a killer line-up alright. You can't help yourself, can you? I'm 60 seconds into that poster and I'm throwing names into Spotify. Some day we'll have a poster of our own to peruse again.Still feels weird having actual festivals with actual line-ups and real dates in this calender year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah, that's a killer line-up alright. You can't help yourself, can you? I'm 60 seconds into that poster and I'm throwing names into Spotify. Some day we'll have a poster of our own to peruse again.Still feels weird having actual festivals with actual line-ups and real dates in this calender year.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Johnny ****ing Marr. Megan says she's up for kicking a few teenagers in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think it'll probably proceed as it's only 15k so less risky. The UK govt is more gung-ho about this virus and not greatly averse to losing a few thousand more pensioners by gambling with events whereas I can't see much going on here, even smaller outdoor events. I'd prefer to be wrong.

EOTR a great fest according to pals who've been. Traditionally shares about 10/12 acts with EP, usually mid-bill artists. And about twenty five acts on that poster I'd be happy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Fatfrog wrote: »

In fairness we probably will go down this road for the short term until the pandemic is over, but if its whether you have the vaccination or not then I would hate to see it introduced until everyone has been offered a vaccination.
    But then what about those who refuse to take or can't take the vaccination? Will a negative test suffice?
    Or can a negative antigen do now instead of vaccination?
    More questions than answers but that's life so far this year lol!
    Roll on when we will be discussing the roll out of the line up not the roll out of vaccinations!

J&J vaccine to be approved today - but will supply issues hamper Ireland's progress? https://jrnl.ie/5377183

Hmmmm, these constant supply issues could be the death knell..... Some actual clarity from this useless government would be nice...

Electric Picnic boss Melvin Benn issues update on 2021 festival and discusses use of 'vaccine passports'

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/electric-picnic-boss-melvin-benn-23668472?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

J&J vaccine to be approved today - but will supply issues hamper Ireland's progress? https://jrnl.ie/5377183

Hmmmm, these constant supply issues could be the death knell..... Some actual clarity from this useless government would be nice...

Tbh the whole EU process of the supply of vaccines has been woeful, Im pretty sure the likes of Germany/Belgium are looking outside of the EU for extra access to vaccines. I suppose no country will give us extra until there own country is fully done which is totally fair.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Electric Picnic boss Melvin Benn issues update on 2021 festival and discusses use of 'vaccine passports'

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/electric-picnic-boss-melvin-benn-23668472?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Well at least he's honest about the situation, I guess that march announcement is going to be forgotten about at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭rubick

That EOTR Festival Line-up is fairly bringing out the Yearning.

• Advertisement

Would rule a few out for a hypothetical EP lineup anyway.

Farewell Ian Brown.

Tbh the whole EU process of the supply of vaccines has been woeful, Im pretty sure the likes of Germany/Belgium are looking outside of the EU for extra access to vaccines. I suppose no country will give us extra until there own country is fully done which is totally fair.

There's a lot of misinformation about, much originating from the UK. This from today's paper accurately summarises much of the EU situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/there-are-no-spare-vaccines-available-for-ireland-to-lobby-for-1.4506889

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭rubick

DRY CLEANING KLAXXON

The EP Thread's Favourite New Post-Punk Collective will be on Later with Jools Holland tomorrow night, BBC2.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There's a lot of misinformation about, much originating from the UK. This from today's paper accurately summarises much of the EU situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/there-are-no-spare-vaccines-available-for-ireland-to-lobby-for-1.4506889

The same journo tweeted not a week ago BJ should offer us vaccines to muddy the water re public perception of the EU!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

How long does it take for "full" immunity, something like a few weeks after the second dose? Realistically if it were to go ahead with vaccine passports, then theyd only be admitting people who got their first dose at the start of July or abouts.

Tig98 wrote: »
    How long does it take for "full" immunity, something like a few weeks after the second dose? Realistically if it were to go ahead with vaccine passports, then theyd only be admitting people who got their first dose at the start of July or abouts.

That issue gets eliminated when you're using a single dose one though, which is probably what most or us will get anyway, assuming the constant supply issues get sorted of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tig98 wrote: »

I think it's around 2 weeks after the shot.

The double shot of the Moderna has an efficacy rate of 95% odd, but if you were to only get a single shot it's up to 80% efficacy (The typical flu vaccine is 40-60% efficacy, the j&j isn't much more)
    The UK have been extremely clever not only in getting vaccines early, but their double dose strategy, they've extended the interval between doses in order to give more people their 1st dose, lesser protection but more wide spread, which should drastically reduce cases in the UK. 35% of the UK population have received 1 dose or more, with that level of protection experts are saying they could actually eradicate covid in the next month.

Ireland should now consider double dose for >65's and single dose for everyone else initially, vaccinating younger to stop transmission as opposed to giving protection. This should buy time until theres ample supply in Autumn/winter.

=boom roll on EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just downloaded Physical Graffiti last night, one of Led Zeppelin's very best albums. Another memory that came flooding back about former performances at EP, the shocking announcement of Robert Plant in 2013. That was an unbelievably brilliant show and having heard numerous live shows and bootlegs of Zep, Plant's band that day were incredibly tight and his set was a brilliant mix of new and old, What is and should never be being the absolute highlight. Having seen Plant before in 1984 it was such a difference of a gig, in 84 it was all about his Big Log album and he didn't do any Zep at all, I remember being mesmerised by his lighting rig but the 80's performance was rather dull, the 2013 one was spectacular and I thought the time slot was brilliant and the weather for that afternoon and evening as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Loved that. Bjork straight after too.

Advertisement