Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The Nal wrote: »
    None of these big gigs or festivals are going ahead without any insurance and theres no insurance company in the world who'll offer an insurance plan at the moment.

I don't know how they're able to sell at all tbh with that issue. Understand it's always subject to license but seems very unlikely they will be able to go ahead when scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Eod100 wrote: »
    I don't know how they're able to sell at all tbh with that issue. Understand it's always subject to license but seems very unlikely they will be able to go ahead when scheduled.

Fairly sure All Together Now didn't have a license last year and still went ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Behemoth & Arch Enemy, The Olympia Theatre, Tuesday 28th September 2021
    https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/behemoth-and-arch-enemy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If you're only looking to see one particular artist at Longitude, do you have to buy a full weekend ticket as they don't release the schedule yet? IF it even goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

MattS1 wrote: »
    If you're only looking to see one particular artist at Longitude, do you have to buy a full weekend ticket as they don't release the schedule yet? IF it even goes ahead.

Pretty much, only day breakdowns so far are for the headliners,

Although if there's one particular artist you're interested in maybe check out their websites tour date section and you may get lucky.

Usually have day breakdowns in the 2nd announcement or maybe this thursday before tickets go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn it

Trivium not coming here for there November/December European/UK tour

• Registered Users Posts: 84,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dermot Kennedy
    EXTRA DATE ADDED
    St. Anne's Park, Dublin
    12 June 2021

Mr.S wrote: »
    There's some amount of optimism by promoters for these summer shows going ahead - or is just a case of it being easier to reschedule then cancel out weight and lose a lot of cash?

I really cannot see the likes of Longitude going ahead - sure none of the attendees would even be vaccinated at that point!

Unless they make everyone wear masks!?

Say it's basically getting cash in because they're hoping gigs will come back in summer 2022 either way.

Whatever about masks, don't think social distancing would be logistically possible with usual numbers on same site.

I think attendance at GAA games next year will be the bellweather but more chance of those games going ahead with reduced capacity say than gigs being sold at specific capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Could possible move towards etickets linked to clarification you have taken a vaccine.

A vaccine passport is not something I would rule out; nor do I not see it as being unreasonable.

I am cautiously optimistic, I'm about 10 percent happening, 90 percent not expecting anything happen. At the end of the day the money is what will be looked at, and that industry needs a stimulus. And I'm not talking about the artists or promoters, but the crew members, riggers, etc.

Could we see a regional return for gigs mid/late 2021 ?

In regional i mean UK artists can play gigs all over the UK and Ireland only (vice versa for Irish artists). Plenty of options for European bands to tour mainland Europe

Taking Elton Johns tours for example who has scheduled dates for UK and Ireland throughout November/December 2021

• Advertisement

Anyone get any tickets from Santa ?

Suppose that type of gift would of been massively affected due to the restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Narrator: "Neither happened"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone get any tickets from Santa ?

Suppose that type of gift would of been massively affected due to the restrictions

I'd normally get mine tickets, but didn't due to the unknown, they still have tickets from Xmas 2019 that have been rescheduled time and time again... So yes I'd say it had a huge impact

Sleafords playing the Olympia in November

https://twitter.com/sleafordmods/status/1347485020353683457

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

I've got a ticket for The Who in 3 Arena on 5th March which is hardly going to go ahead

but it still says on ticketmaster that it's scheduled i.e. it hasn't been cancelled/postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Penfailed

No Belfast date... :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    No Belfast date... :(

May get one yet theres a few days either side of the Dublin show.

seekenee wrote: »
    I've got a ticket for The Who in 3 Arena on 5th March which is hardly going to go ahead

but it still says on ticketmaster that it's scheduled i.e. it hasn't been cancelled/postponed

It will prob get rescheduled again in the next few weeks or cancelled completely

Have a ticket for it myself and was so looking forward to it. Bloody covid

IT have list of festivals happening this year. Will be interesting to see if they can go ahead and with what format:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/a-guide-to-the-festivals-probably-taking-place-in-ireland-in-2021-1.4455287

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭dasdog

They are doing a slightly bizarre interview live stream with video cuts at the moment.

November 21st seems almost realistic.

Apparently government put forward idea to have concerts across Europe to celebrate the end of covid. Seems optimistic! Think it wouldn't be a bad idea once we can but dunno is this summer a bit on the early side..

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-plans-live-aid-style-23325173

Eod100 wrote: »
    Apparently government put forward idea to have concerts across Europe to celebrate the end of covid. Seems optimistic! Think it wouldn't be a bad idea once we can but dunno is this summer a bit on the early side..

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-plans-live-aid-style-23325173

Good idea , Just have to wait and see, id love if we have concerts return in the 3Arena from August/September.

Elton John in December would be special. He is touring Europe from September with a UK and Ireland leg from October- December. Again like any other tour its subject to a lot of stuff including health/travel and other restrictions.

Regional tours (ie British Isles with us included) might kick off things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good idea , Just have to wait and see, id love if we have concerts return in the 3Arena from August/September.

Elton John in December would be special. He is touring Europe from September with a UK and Ireland leg from October- December. Again like any other tour its subject to a lot of stuff including health/travel and other restrictions.

Regional tours (ie British Isles with us included) might kick off things

Since boris is currently in a standoff with the EU regarding visas for touring musicians, that's more of a pipe dream than large outdoor gigs at the moment......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Since boris is currently in a standoff with the EU regarding visas for touring musicians, that's more of a pipe dream than large outdoor gigs at the moment......

Its always one thing or the other that could stop things

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got a pre access code for Alan Carr in the Olympia from MCD today, pity gig isn't on until 9th September 2022 :eek:, 20 months away!
    They should do the concerts on this year first.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Got a pre access code for Alan Carr in the Olympia from MCD today, pity gig isn't on until 9th September 2022 :eek:, 20 months away!
    They should do the concerts on this year first.

Nothing unusual in that . For some reason comedy gigs are announced massively in advance

Sure Elton John has announced dates for Australia/New Zealand for bloody 2023

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nightwish announced for the 3Arena on the 17th of Nov 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Nightwish announced for the 3Arena on the 17th of Nov 2021

I've always wondered when Nightwish would come back. They'd either lose popularity and play Vicar Street or get bigger and play the 3Arena. I've no idea how popular they are in Ireland but if the goes ahead we will see. It will be an incredible show.

• Advertisement

Advertisement