Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working Engineering Model

• 31-01-2020 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Would anybody have or know where to locate a working model of some aspect of engineering for an upcoming exhibition in the Limerick area. A cut-away engine/gearbox would be ideal. Model must be visually attractive and be animated to engage students of engineering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mickb

Hi,

Would the Haynes model engine be any use to you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haynes-4-Cylinder-Combustion-Engine/dp/B000YX7OXO

51MLhVme1sL._AC_.jpg

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Contact some of the main car importers in Ireland like Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai etc I'm sure they would have them for training mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Many thanks for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

When I was a kid there was a shop window (a driving school, I think), on Aston Quay, with a motorised, cutaway engine in the window. Would have been ideal for your project. Wonder where it went?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

I remember that. Reckon it was a Ford. Going back a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Yes I seem to remember that there was a model of a car that might have been 1940s Ford V8 in the window also.

Advertisement