Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dry tobacco

• 12-11-2015 12:53am

I should learn! Every time I buy a pouch of Drum from a certain shop it's always dried out like straw. Really, completely dry. Other than potato skins (I don't often eat potatoes) can anyone recommend how to dampen the tobacco?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

Old tread, but for anyone wondering, a small piece of Lemon or Orange peel works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rum. Put the tobacco into a breakfast bowl, and put in the tobacco. Pull the tobacco apart. Then drizzle half a small cap of rum into the tobacco, and mix it around. Ratio of rum:tobacco can take some trial & error. Rum can alter the taste, so ensure you like that flavour of rum :D Generally used spiced rum.

Added bonus; if it dries before you smoke it all, you can always add a little more rum. Would advise, after adding the rum, that you put the tobacco into a tobacco punch. I think they're called a "Tobacco Roll Up Pouch". This allows the tobacco to stay fresher longer.

Be advised; too much rum will make it harder to light the tobacco :(

Advertisement