Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weston Airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

urajoke wrote: »
    Good luck with that you are giving ATC an error margin of 1nm max to maintain separation with Dublin departures. In fact you are still clogging up Dublin as it may be 7-9nm from Dublin in a straight line but on the diagonal its only 5-6nm from the centerline of the 10 approach.

Well you said overhead. I doubt traffic would be going overhead dublin to get into weston. I dont dispute the conflict in the approach paths

Not sure what you are getting at with this comment please expand. Remember from your side of the mic you have your SOP's and Procedures but from ours we have our own Procedures and MAT's and LOA's, so I rarely step across the line of my knowledge and have a go, so I would hope that your misgivings are only because you don't understand our requirements. Its amazing the number of times we get asked X,Y and Z by a pilot because they have very little spacial awareness as they only have ONE freq and TCAS to give them the picture without realising that there is 15 frequencies and 9 (+3 FIR) sectors in and around Dublin that have to dealt with and regulated.

So your "doing just as much as they have to do" may be a reflection of what is actually able to be done within the LAW's and Procedures that DATCC have to follow.

In my experience(and I say this as my own opinion) Dublin controllers can be a little bit reluctant to help you out. When I was doing my MEIR training Dublin cleared us direct from a position in the north east to RSH NDB. This took us through the EID1 which notams said were active. We pointed this out and were met with a rather sarcastic unhelpful tone and told to hold where we were before being vectored elsewhere. They also got a temper on when we didnt want to fly thorough rough weather they tried to vector us through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

What?...no discussion, how predictable!

QDM.

Sorry couldn't resist it..... 'twas a wind up. I have had no dealings in recent times with ATC EIWT but previous it was always courteous and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

LeftBase wrote: »
    In my experience(and I say this as my own opinion) Dublin controllers can be a little bit reluctant to help you out. When I was doing my MEIR training Dublin cleared us direct from a position in the north east to RSH NDB. This took us through the EID1 which notams said were active. We pointed this out and were met with a rather sarcastic unhelpful tone and told to hold where we were before being vectored elsewhere. They also got a temper on when we didnt want to fly thorough rough weather they tried to vector us through.

was this on a single day? there are some folk more enthusiastic (or less) than others. i take extreme offence at being tarred with the above brush, hope it was a single individual, and would therefore be disappointed that you think all 100-ish of us are the same. there's an airspace change and a rake of new procedures coming in on december 13 and many of us are unhappy that our flexibility to creatively facilitate traffic is being *reduced*.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

was this on a single day? there are some folk more enthusiastic (or less) than others. i take extreme offence at being tarred with the above brush, hope it was a single individual, and would therefore be disappointed that you think all 100-ish of us are the same. there's an airspace change and a rake of new procedures coming in on december 13 and many of us are unhappy that our flexibility to creatively facilitate traffic is being *reduced*.

Sorry to go off topic, I often wondered about doing atc, as I understand it's very hard to get into but seems very interesting but stressful. Might apply the next time the iaa recruit. Might be too old though at 31. I'm currently working as a licensed engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭emo72

the lucan gazette running an article today that nama have sold it. nothing surprising there so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

emo72 wrote: »
    the lucan gazette running an article today that nama have sold it. nothing surprising there so.
    Any mention on the buyer??

Xpro wrote: »
    Any mention on the buyer??

none. just says someone who wants to keep it going as a going concern.

emo72 wrote: »

none. just says someone who wants to keep it going as a going concern.

Just reading now. Thanks

http://www.gazettegroup.com/category/news/news-lucan/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

Log for Weston 10/2/2013

G-IMEA Beech 200 Moses Magrabi
    M-HARP PC-12 Harpin Ltd
    N412MW PC-12 Aircraft Guaranty Corp

Pictures
    M-HARP http://flic.kr/p/dTNipU
    N412MW http://flic.kr/p/dTGBeB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

This was reported in the Irish Times this morning

A Galway-based civil engineering and building firm has purchased Weston Executive Airport near Lucan in west Dublin for more than €3.5 million.

Full article here

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0213/1224329981356.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Davidth88 wrote: »
    This was reported in the Irish Times this morning

A Galway-based civil engineering and building firm has purchased Weston Executive Airport near Lucan in west Dublin for more than €3.5 million.

Full article here

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0213/1224329981356.html
    Interesting, I suspect they are buying it as part of their land bank. Maintain the airport for now and when times pick up they will build on it.

logie101 wrote: »
    Interesting, I suspect they are buying it as part of their land bank. Maintain the airport for now and when times pick up they will build on it.
    I believe they also own galway airport if not mistaken

Galway Chamber of Commerce own the airport I believe (perhaps jointly with Aer Arann and others)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭boboldpilot

pg633 wrote: »
    Galway Chamber of Commerce own the airport I believe (perhaps jointly with Aer Arann and others)
    No they are sole owners. Conneely's company may well be a member of the Chamber of Commerce though.

Galway airport isn't going to be sold just yet and won't be closed anytime soon. They've just been funded by the local councils and central government.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Apart from the first post today...does anyone have any "facts" to discuss?
    The rumor mill is spinning furiously again.....

QDM.

Apart from the first post today...does anyone have any "facts" to discuss?
    The rumor mill is spinning furiously again.....

QDM.

well youve obviously heard a few rumours, care to share;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Sorry Emo72, I don't do "rumours".
    You can find out all you want about the new owners of Weston Airport here...http://www.conneelybuilders.com/
    If you want to know what their plans are, I advise that you ring them, their number is listed clearly on the website.

Or..you could wait for a press statement from them, as one should be due soon, as new owners they will want to make a good first impression.

Or..you could just wait a short while until the "concerned" citizens of Lucan/Leixlip get on their high horses, as surely they are about to, and start once again making noises through their "representatives"...about whatever they usually object to about aviation businesses at Weston.
    I think they are in for a surprise though, the new owners are a world away in business style, from previous ones.

For now, I believe the future is promising, and hopefully Weston will return to it's former busy profile, both in Training and Executive/Private aviation. Watch this space, as they say.

QDM

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bykovo Chernoye Monino

Mistaken !

Taken from elsewhere - no mention of Conneely Builders
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83270937#post83270937
    Robbo wrote: »
    Based on an old CRO return which covers up to September 2010:
    • Galway Chamber of Commerce: 581,351 Shares
    • Thomas McDonagh & Sons Ltd 4,000 Shares
    • Stephen Faller Ltd 2,500 Shares
    • Shields Solicitors 200 Shares
    • Horan & Sons 200 Shares
    • Crown Equipment Corporation 30,000 Shares
    • Nilands Ltd 500 Shares
    • Royal Tara China 2,000 Shares
    • Aer Arann Teoranta 10,000 Shares
    • O'Connor TV Ltd 1,000 Shares
    • McCambridges Ltd 2,500 Shares
    • The Treasure Chest 2,000 Shares
    • Ardilaun House Hotel 1,250 Shares
    • Galway Corporation 7,500 Shares
    • Galway County Council 7,500 Shares
    • Peter Allen 200 Shares
    • Antony Ryan Ltd 1,250 Shares

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

http://www.blueskyexecutiveaviation.co.uk/issue_215/Dublin_Weston_Airport_rebrand.htm

Looks like the new owners are going to rebrand weston as Dublin weston ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

A few mentions of 'Business Jet' in that article, I can imagine that will annoy some of the locals...

J.

Executive airport.. Lucan residents certainly wont be happy with the new owners decesions. The local residents Lucan comitee wants to arrange the meeting with the new owner as they want to discuss things and make sure the weston doesnt see any surge in traffic.

When will this people stop moaning??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Johnny901

If I was the locals I would encourage the odd few executive jets coming and going instead of a Cessna circuit bashing.

I wonder, now that jobs are so important, will the attitude of the locals change.

Imagine what a reasonable development at "Dublin-Weston" could do for employment.

I hope that attitudes have changed and Weston can progress to the level it should be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

You'd have to think that any company wouldn't buy it unless they wanted to see a surge in Traffic, what's the point otherwise? :)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Johnny901

Could also be a long term investment. If they can't make it work as an airport its in a great area for future development.

Snowing in Weston 17/03/13

View from an empty restaurant. Blue Max bistro is no longer there:(

2x6u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

What? Blue Max is gone? :( Was going to head there for lunch!

FWVT wrote: »
    What? Blue Max is gone? :( Was going to head there for lunch!

Yes. Moved out last week. Due to changes in new ownership??

Will be missed allright, i always liked their food and specialties

Double Post

• Advertisement

View from an empty restaurant. Blue Max bistro is no longer there:(

:(

I have many fond memories of eating there while it was bucketing down outside(mind you they would have been fonder had I been in the air)

Advertisement