Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Urban Dead - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ha, mine is still a zombie, I got blasted out of it by a zombie hunter with a shotgun while I was logged off. :(

If you keep searching the police department you should turn up some guns eventually I think.

I'm in Julie General Hospital in Wyke Hills to be precise. I'm tearing it apart for first aid kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

c - 13 wrote: »
    Ha, mine is still a zombie, I got blasted out of it by a zombie hunter with a shotgun while I was logged off. :(

If you keep searching the police department you should turn up some guns eventually I think.

I'm in Julie General Hospital in Wyke Hills to be precise. I'm tearing it apart for first aid kits.
    its driving me nuts not finding anything.

edit- haha we're only three squares away from eachother.

Yeah tell me about it. What class of human you are actually might determine what sort of stuff you find too. I'm using a fire fighter.

Not according to the route finder here ?
    http://map.aypok.co.uk/index.php?menu=route
    Throw in my location and your location and it shows the number of actual squares between where we both are

Oh wait you mean three suburbs !

c - 13 wrote: »
    Yeah tell me about it. What class of human you are actually might determine what sort of stuff you find too. I'm using a fire fighter.
    military private rolleyes.gif doesnt seem a great choice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im in buttonville at the mo, ranson police department. I have about 10 pistols and 4 shotguns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I've found about six bottles of beer and no end of wine and mobile phones.
    About as much use as tits on a man so far :(

I'm up in West Boundwood, right at the border of the map. Going to try make it down south for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I joined up a few days ago. Characters name is Cravez and am a Medic so add me if you guys find me :). Currently in the Knapp Boulevard Police Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Sod IRE wandering williamsville as a scientist guy.

Starting to pick up a bit now, i'm after laying hands on a shotgun and shells, pistol and spare clips, flare guns, syringes and about 6 first aid kits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

be warned humans, from my experience of playing for a few months now, the zombies tend to attack in waves. They are currently in a regroup phase now after the last assault so its fairly quiet. Now is the time to upskill! :)

For anyone who makes there way to buttonville, there is a revive point there if you get turned into a zombie. PLus i have a revive syringe too which will unzombie someone.

As usual im kipping at ranson police station in buttonville.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started up there, and managed to miss a zombie with about 10 shots....stupid cop. Wait till he's closer and put one in his brain already!

Well I'm in Brooksville now with a grand total of 2 XP after a week of playing!

I can't find any first aid kits or clips for the pistol so I can't attack anything or heal people to get more XP. I have a feeling I'm in this for the long haul!

faceman wrote: »
    be warned humans, from my experience of playing for a few months now, the zombies tend to attack in waves. They are currently in a regroup phase now after the last assault so its fairly quiet. Now is the time to upskill! :)

For anyone who makes there way to buttonville, there is a revive point there if you get turned into a zombie. PLus i have a revive syringe too which will unzombie someone.

As usual im kipping at ranson police station in buttonville.

Hah ! I only realised i'm in the same building as you this second
    /Waves

Added you to my contact list by the way. Ill try get all the boardsies on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

What's inside the extremely heavily barricaded buildings???
    If you got in, how, did you attack the barricades for ages or is there an other way?

If you get enough experience to buy the free running skill you can enter any type of barricaded building (and move directly between buildings - saves 1AP per move). Theres nothing really different in them, just harder for the zombies to break into them is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

What's inside the extremely heavily barricaded buildings???
    If you got in, how, did you attack the barricades for ages or is there an other way?
    people are inside and they barricaded them to keep zombies out.
    You get 75 exp from zombies and then buy free running.
    Have it and its very handy. Esp when you use this map.
    http://map.aypok.co.uk/index.php?menu=goto
    shows you the running lanes (you can figure them out yourself but the map is good for finding your way around.

I guess I will head over to buttonville to hang out with the rest of the boards survivors, we should work together.

Game seems to be sided towards the survivors more then the zombies though.

This one looks like it could have plenty of promise. Probably not going to be free though.

http://www.left4dead411.com/

Video here http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10873

I've been looking forward to left4dead for ages. It looks like a fantastic co-op experience. And it definitly wont be free.

play counter strike source zombie mod then.
    valve made left4dead because of how popular zombie mod was.

From what I have seen Left for dead will be a must have.

on my way to ranson police dept now. Should be there tomorrow.

• I'm going to sticky this. Seems like an interesting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

play counter strike source zombie mod then.
    valve made left4dead because of how popular zombie mod was.

From what I have seen Left for dead will be a must have.

on my way to ranson police dept now. Should be there tomorrow.

Sorry to go Off Topic but can you link me to the Zombie Mod for CS:S irishboy? Or is it a mod that depends on the maps & server? Just so i can give it a go and put it in the Zombie Modification thread. I think iv played it before though....

Sorry to go Off Topic but can you link me to the Zombie Mod for CS:S irishboy? Or is it a mod that depends on the maps & server? Just so i can give it a go and put it in the Zombie Modification thread. I think iv played it before though....
    If you have counter strike source go into find servers and list them by map.
    Any ZM map should be a Zombie mod server. Every server is different so look around the different ones. ( i would have written up about it myself but it changes so much between servers its like every server has its own unique mod)

Arrived in ransom, taught there would be more people there.
    Playing zombie seems more fun than a survivor. More action in the red areas :)

Right, I've made it to Ranson Police Dept in Buttonville. No AP left so I'll be logged out for 24 hours or so.

Finally got enough experience to buy a skill - I went for the free running, will be handy to get into all types of barricaded buildings. I've had a few hairy moments with low AP trying to find a building with low enough barricades to hide in ...

I'm in the Ikiff Motel in Tapton at the minute.

I have two characters, and they are both bloody zombies. How the hell are you supposed to get anywhere in this game? Every building in extremly heavily barricaded, and i end up out of AP on the street. While i like eating brains, i cant even do that well.

Kiith wrote: »
    I have two characters, and they are both bloody zombies. How the hell are you supposed to get anywhere in this game? Every building in extremly heavily barricaded, and i end up out of AP on the street. While i like eating brains, i cant even do that well.

you need to join a zombie group if you want some brains.
    I am in Extinction with my zombie. we operate up in the North west so if you want your welcome to join.
    http://extinction101.proboards100.com/index.cgi

Don't know if having two zombies is a good idea best not to have 2 in one group keep them well apart whatever you do.

I just added you irish_boy90. I'm still in the ranson cop shop if you care to add me, Deise is the name.

Roen wrote: »
    I just added you irish_boy90. I'm still in the ranson cop shop if you care to add me, Deise is the name.
    I will do it tomorrow, (hit the 160 limit already today)

we should head east to the next sub.
    No zombies where we are and well if we die we can just come back and rez so we don't have anything to loose. :cool:

Nerin is ma ingame name.
    im carrying plenty of goodies at the moment.
    but im alll alone :(

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    Nerin is ma ingame name.
    im carrying plenty of goodies at the moment.
    but im alll alone :(

where abouts are you?

Advertisement