Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i ended up going back to the dinosorse and kinda killed a few and changed the now a bit, before i went back dinosore was spelt differerent and this forum was already created so sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Could there also be a sub forum called the Philadelphia Experiment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Could there also be a sub forum called the Philadelphia Experiment?

pfft... the time machine forum is for serious discussion of microwave and time travel issues and all the resulting side issues (like how not to destroy the universe).... off to the conspiracy forum with that lark. that's just taking silliness to new levels that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In all fairness, I think you will find that it was discovered in April or May 2047* that it is related to time travel!

* its a while since I went then and my memory isn't as good as it was back in 2088!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What about the Montauk Project where apparently A "porthole (portal?) in time" was created which allowed researchers to travel anywhere in time or space. This was developed into a stable "Time Tunnel." Underground tunnels with abandoned cultural archives were explored on Mars using this technique.

If its on wikipedia it has to be true. Fact!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    In all fairness, I think you will find that it was discovered in April or May 2047* that it is related to time travel!

* its a while since I went then and my memory isn't as good as it was back in 2088!

dude.... yeah it was April... as in April fools? d'ya not remember? it was a U.S. government hoax. they really had everyone good that time. heh, they even involved some of us time boardsies in getting Eisenhower's signature on the spoof documents. ah... the memories...

seriously though kbannon i've been worried about you for some time now. I think you really need to cut down on the wormhole surfing... all those time skips just aren't good for the oul brain. sure it's because of abuse like that that they banned it in 2148.

Edit: oh sh*t i just spoiled that one...

seriously though kbannon i've been worried about you for some time now. I think you really need to cut down on the wormhole surfing... all those time skips just aren't good for the oul brain. sure it's because of abuse like that that they banned it in 2148.

Edit: oh sh*t i just spoiled that one...
    Nah, you are alright - someone else came back and told me that they banned it then so I made some wormhole preparations here and haven't had any problems!

Nah, you are alright - someone else came back and told me that they banned it then so I made some wormhole preparations here and haven't had any problems!

ah so you're using the organically induced quantum wave stabilisation method from circa 2300? I never saw that going beyond fusion containment... ingenious! i have to get out of the near future some more...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

i have to get out of the near future some more...

Ditto, I seem to just spend all my time in the next fifty years. I've been meaning to go back to prehistoric times for a bit of hunting but I still haven't gotten around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

what the hell? this hasn't been given the go ahead yet? :confused:

• Advertisement

Relax - we all know that it does get approved!

Relax - we all know that it does get approved!

yeah, we just have to pretend that it hasn't for the sake of the space time continuum.

oh no, i've just come back from the future and I'm going to sneeze shortly

*achoo* stupid space time continum, i wasn't supposed to sneeze until 10 minutes and continuim keeps changing spelling, overdose of time travelling i think

bless you

and the International Board of Standards within Microwave Induced Time Travel (IBSMITT, a legacy of boards.ie thank you very much) settled on the spelling "contin-you-um?" in 2215. primarily because kbannon's craze of wormhole surfing induced so much memory loss that people kept forgetting they were writing one word. they'd get stuck on the uu bit, then finish up going.... ummm? what was a writing?

Yes, but the disrespected IBSMITT which was set up after the invasion of earth by the Plutonians was quickly shown to be vastly incorrect after the revolution of 2267. The original Time Interval Travel Society (T.I.T.S) was re-established! As you know the American dictionary was quickly put back in place replacing that of the corrupt IBSMITT!
    "contin-you-um" was replaced again with the previous spelling of "contin-you-um-y'all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The problem was when T.I.T.S. was augmented by the Silcone Society in the year of double D - that just caused all sorts of gravitational issues and had to be reduced in size to prevent a black hole forming in the middle of Cavan. Some remnants of that hole still managed to make it back to 1999 and can still be seen in the form of potholes.

Anyways only 2 more years til this forum is accepted and closed again minutes later leaving only that short interval for us to travel to regularly to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Macros42 wrote: »
    had to be reduced in size to prevent a black hole forming in the middle of Cavan.

Why would that be a problem :confused:

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Why would that be a problem :confused:

someone high up's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother (give or take a great) was from Cavan and they took offence to it. the fact that nobody was still living there after the zombie rebellion had no bearing on the decision apparently.

It's not really but people from Monaghan objected as if Cavan disappeared they'd become the most backward county and the worked behind the scenes to prevent that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I've been to the Year 3000, not much has changed but they live underwater. (:confused: quite a lot has changed so.)

And your great great great grand-daughter is pretty fine.

Jay: You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and sh1t. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and sh1t. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah... be the first motherfúcker to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform... and fúck it. People would be like, "There he goes. Homeboy fúcked a Martian once."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Macros42 wrote: »
    It's not really but people from Monaghan objected as if Cavan disappeared they'd become the most backward county and the worked behind the scenes to prevent that.

cavan, monaghan and longford are wasting our space and our hot polish wimmin!

my microwave just beeped so this forum should be created now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I wasnt sure whether i wanted to support this forum, so using my fridge time machine (that later became a delorean after that ginger fella got the boot) i tried to jump to the future but alas the ESB had cut me off for not paying my extorionate leccy bills.

So i contacted a warlock mate who gave me magic drops to put on my tongue that would make me sleep for years. however in the confusion I took too many drops and woke up in the year 2928 and i was so shocked at the fact the health service was still in a mess even though alcohol had been abolished after the Giant Turnip Plague of 2912, that i forgot to look up boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How come they dont all come on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the old trusty microwave has packed itself in, i now have a ****e 850w kenwood
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The kenwoods are meant to have a fairly dodgy phasic polarity filter. Not much good for doing long time jumps (Anything over 100 or so years). If you want to do this I'd advise you to make a series of smaller jumps.

Right - which one of youse is messing with people?
    First '08 car today, is it legal?

• Advertisement

Is it a 2008 or 3008 car?

Advertisement