Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently Biden is going to throw all sorts of sh1t at trump tonight regarding

Numerous Affairs with hookers including victims of trafficking
    Alleged abortions he demanded and paid for
    Drug abuse by Trump, his ex wife and his children
    Alleged drug trafficking by Eric Trump
    “Kompromat” by Russia - videos of trump in extremely compromised positions
    Serious fraud by Trump companies involving his children
    Secret Chinese bank accounts and debts owed to Chinese
    Huge debts he owes to Russia individuals and North Korea
    Huge debts he owes to Deutsche Bank
    Blatant incidents of racism and sexism

Why are you pasting this statement on multiple forums, have you a source for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Apparently Biden is going to throw all sorts of sh1t at trump tonight regarding

Numerous Affairs with hookers including victims of trafficking
    Alleged abortions he demanded and paid for
    Drug abuse by Trump, his ex wife and his children
    Alleged drug trafficking by Eric Trump
    “Kompromat” by Russia - videos of trump in extremely compromised positions
    Serious fraud by Trump companies involving his children
    Secret Chinese bank accounts and debts owed to Chinese
    Huge debts he owes to Russia individuals and North Korea
    Huge debts he owes to Deutsche Bank
    Blatant incidents of racism and sexism

And he put a lid on his campaign 5 days ago to memorize all that. I think you'd be better putting the word "alleged" in front of each of your bullet points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OS_Head wrote: »
    Well you're simply attacking his perceived character (which I'm not a huge fan of either, but I'm coming round, I like the way he trolls the left) and what you've been told by MSM. If you really want to judge his time in office you should pay attention to his actions and achievements.

This is the President of the United States you are talking about.

'He trolls the left' is not a commendation for someone with his responsibilities and duty to the entire country, not just the bits he likes - ie the ones that flatter him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    All, Just a reminder about the forum rules and the expectation of the standards required here.

Please review the forum rules and keep the standards up.

A user has been banned. Please post in an original and constructive manner.

Thanks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Trump's rallies are packed. Biden's are usually a few cars, some farm animals maybe. Terrible optics.

Where have I heard that before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I think it's been unfair to all the leaders of the world. The best estimates from etymologists back when it started was it would kill over 2 million Americans and by this stage up to 15 million people world wide. These number are pretty wide of the mark. Notwithstanding that any one person can be held responsible for any of those numbers. We are all in this together and we are all responsible in certain ways. When Trump banned all travel from China, he was accused of being racist and over reactionary. He tried to stop all traffic into New York from Europe. It was opposed by Cuomo who went on to preside over one of the worst affected regions of this pandemic. Trump sent him the hospital ship which he didn't use. Instead he put the sick into nursing homes. He, MSM and the Democrat blame their deaths on Trump. No matter what decisions and statement he made they were either opposed or taking out of context. Pelosi walking down Chinatown telling everyone it's safe, or de Blasio telling the media it was safe and the flu was worse. So putting the blame on Trump for the pandemic is pretty reaching IMO. But the Democrats will say anything to get elected.

Do you have anything to say about his response?

Anything about him trying to open up early, not promoting basic guidelines, saying he knows more than scientists and holding large scale events??

It's been an unlucky time for world leaders but this doesn't mean they get a free pass.

If you're asking us to say what we credit him for then you can at least be honest with yourself and be critical of him.

The truth is he messed up this response both in terms of leading the country and protecting people and also in terms of publicity. It has shown him up to not really have a clue. His famed 'instincts' and distrust for science are way off. IMO covid just showed it up in real time, eventually everyone will see his tax break, the environmental regulations, the national debt, all short term wins for long term losses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I just watched Trump's upload of the interview with Leslie Stahl.

AH, FFS!

The man is SERIOUSLY unwell😥

It's actually frightening to see a POTUS who is so totally delusional, and living in an alternate reality! He ACTUALLY believes all this stuff!!

Jeebus wept!

Link?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

And he put a lid on his campaign 5 days ago to memorize all that. I think you'd be better putting the word "alleged" in front of each of your bullet points.

Just like the "allegations" made against Biden recently, I assume? Those are still alleged as well, right?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Brian? wrote: »
    Link?

Here's the unedited interviews

Stahl / Trump

Stahl / Pence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think the Biden campaign strategy is "Let Trump be Trump...."

and its working great! :P:D:P:D

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

No he was literally accused of racism for the ban. Pelosi went to the Chinese NY to stick it to him ffs. The whole NY health Officials chastised him for it also

I love the entire China ban thing. Imagine being given a single document to do up for work and trying to say you did something by writing one word.

Banning some but not all of Chinese travel followed by nothing for months on end. Worse than nothing, actively encouraging people to break local restrictions and to insist that nothing was wrong as 220,000+ people died.

We now also have the optics of a US president openly scared of hard questions. And somehow he thought being scared of questions makes him look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Christy42 wrote: »
    I love the entire China ban thing. Imagine being given a single document to do up for work and trying to say you did something by writing one word.

Banning some but not all of Chinese travel followed by nothing for months on end. Worse than nothing, actively encouraging people to break local restrictions and to insist that nothing was wrong as 220,000+ people died.

We now also have the optics of a US president openly scared of hard questions. And somehow he thought being scared of questions makes him look good?
    The PGA Tour Exhibition was on in the US in Florida I think, in January, and, from a mate that was at it, there was an enormous Chinese contingent attending it. So its highly likely some cases came in through that event and the horse had well and truly bolted by the time Trump attempted to close things down.

If theres truth that he had the Intel a lot earlier and sat on it then theres a number of events that could have been cancelled or more effectively managed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Little time for Hunter Biden but this debate about him and his father regarding Ukraine etc is a total waste of time for Trump.

Its way to online and isn't going to resonate with the masses.

He needs to change the subject asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Watching the debate and all I can think is as low as Trump has dragged the office of the Presidency, he just drags it lower and lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,078 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very strong performance from Biden. Getting stronger and clearer as it wears on. He’s done more than he needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I wonder what effect Biden's policy on zero carbon emissions wrt the oil industry will have on his Texas vote.
    He was very direct with his piece on subsidies to the oil industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Call me Al wrote: »
    I wonder what effect Biden's policy on zero carbon emissions wrt the oil industry will have on his Texas vote.
    He was very direct with his piece on subsidies to the oil industry.

Probably won't impact Texas's likelihood to vote red.

Biden hoping it will be heard by the people who believe climate change is an existential threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nope, that's the strategy Clinton used and she lost. Watching that debate I came away as I always do whenever someone debates Trump - feeling that no one should vote for the fool but also seeing no reason why anyone should vote for his opposition. Biden can barely string a sentence together and has no charisma - these are the things voters look for, not policy. Sad but true. It's painful to watch.

Some would look for these things in a candidate, some wouldn't give a rat's arse, I'd say Biden will just about get it over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I think it's been unfair to all the leaders of the world. The best estimates from etymologists back when it started was it would kill over 2 million Americans and by this stage up to 15 million people world wide. These number are pretty wide of the mark. Notwithstanding that any one person can be held responsible for any of those numbers. We are all in this together and we are all responsible in certain ways. When Trump banned all travel from China, he was accused of being racist and over reactionary. He tried to stop all traffic into New York from Europe. It was opposed by Cuomo who went on to preside over one of the worst affected regions of this pandemic. Trump sent him the hospital ship which he didn't use. Instead he put the sick into nursing homes. He, MSM and the Democrat blame their deaths on Trump. No matter what decisions and statement he made they were either opposed or taking out of context. Pelosi walking down Chinatown telling everyone it's safe, or de Blasio telling the media it was safe and the flu was worse. So putting the blame on Trump for the pandemic is pretty reaching IMO. But the Democrats will say anything to get elected.

Also your two million figure is dishonest.

That was a figure if no measures were taken, if no social distancing happened, if everyone kept doing the same thing.

That was not as you say expected deaths.

IMO you're leading with your feelings and not being rational. Be honest with the information. Challenge your opinions on this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The Trump campaign would have hoped for Biden to make a big headline mistake and for the Hunter stuff to make a significant impact but neither happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Trump campaign would have hoped for Biden to make a big headline mistake and for the Hunter stuff to make a significant impact but neither happened.

Indeed , a good analogy I heard this morning.

If this were Soccer , Biden went in to the debate with a 3-0 lead after the first leg.

Trump was better , certainly far less awful than the 1st debate , but at best he might have pulled back a goal.

Biden still has the lead.

Will be telling to see the polling over the next few days - Not many polls released earlier this week as most I think held back until after the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Now the first two would be Dem-leaning, but not aware of YouGov having the same issue, so appears Biden was considered to have won last night's debate:

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1319501422929510404

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

Nope, that's the strategy Clinton used and she lost.
    Watching that debate I came away as I always do whenever someone debates Trump - feeling that no one should vote for the fool but also seeing no reason why anyone should vote for his opposition. Biden can barely string a sentence together and has no charisma - these are the things voters look for, not policy. Sad but true. It's painful to watch.

Trump had nothing to defend 4 years ago which is a big difference. Then he could claim he would do everything perfect. Now he has to defend his own record. The child separation policies the 220k+ dead from a tepid covid response. A complete lack of action on healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Trump had nothing to defend 4 years ago which is a big difference. Then he could claim he would do everything perfect. Now he has to defend his own record. The child separation policies the 220k+ dead from a tepid covid response. A complete lack of action on healthcare.

But the healthcare stuff will be ready in two weeks!

I genuinely struggle to think how one could be happy with his performance so far as president and want it to continue for for more years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

bad2dabone wrote: »
    But the healthcare stuff will be ready in two weeks!

A quick Google for "new healthcare plan in two weeks" throws up articles from Feb 2017, June 2018 and July and September 2020 at least where it had been recently mentioned by Trump. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Seems another pizzgate story doing the rounds. This time attaching it to Hunter Biden. Seems to be sourced to Steve Bannon. Most media won't touch it but getting pushed by GOP.

Could they not even come up with a new idea?
    'Some of the same people who pushed a false conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton that first emerged in 2016 are now targeting Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, with similar falsehoods. Their online posts are garnering astronomical numbers of shares on social media.

The fantastical rumors, which NBC News is declining to repeat verbatim, echo specific plot points central to “pizzagate,” a viral disinformation campaign that predates QAnon but also falsely alleges a vast conspiracy of child abuse.' NBC News

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Water John wrote: »
    Seems another pizzgate story doing the rounds. This time attaching it to Hunter Biden. Seems to be sourced to Steve Bannon. Most media won't touch it but getting pushed by GOP.

Could they not even come up with a new idea.

Think that came from Don Jr. yesterday on Twitter. He said the money the Biden's are getting from China has come from from human trafficking and paedophile rings. Seems to be an increase in Facebook articles saying much the same thing.
    Carole Cadwalladr had a story on it, over 30% of the people who were targetted with this story believed it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

robinph wrote: »
    A quick Google for "new healthcare plan in two weeks" throws up articles from Feb 2017, June 2018 and July and September 2020 at least where it had been recently mentioned by Trump. :D

Google "Trump two weeks" - That shows many many more entries in the "It'll be ready in two weeks" storyline from Trump.

Basically everything he's asked , the response is either "We're looking at that very strongly" or "We'll be coming out with XYZ in two weeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yes, we in Europe did such a great job we are now a 200K cases a day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement