Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Do you know how many classes per year?
    I always thought it was 2, one in January and again in September, is there a 3rd?

As far as I know its 4 classes per year, one in each college in Jan & Sept.
    Baby S 85 wrote: »
    Anyone been contacted yet????

Nothing on my end, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

Nothing yet, hopefully we'll hear very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

As far as I know its 4 classes per year, one in each college in Jan & Sept.

Nothing on my end, you?

Nothing yet, I gather from the expression of interest from may for September's class, they get back to you quick enough if you have it. We should know by the end the day tomorrow.

Any word for anyone in the mix yet??

Any word for anyone in the mix yet??

No, nothing on my end.

• Advertisement

No, nothing on my end.

At least its more gone from the panel, hopefully get the class next September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sa95

Did anyone hear back today??

Sa95 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear back today??
    Nothing yet.

My mate had to wait a week to hear back from Nas about an ico spot. NAS HR are supposedly behind on everything lately.

Did anybody get offered Galway yet

• Advertisement

Did anybody get offered Galway yet

I got offered Tallaght

I got offered Tallaght
    Well done, delighted for you, I applied for ballinasloe, looks like I'm still waiting until the next class.

I got offered Tallaght

Well done!! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘Do you mind me asking where abouts on the panel you were?

I got offered Ballinasloe, absolutely delighted.

I got offered Ballinasloe, absolutely delighted.

Delighted for you Tommy!
    Well done!! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘Do you mind me asking where abouts on the panel you were?

I was late 50's.

Delighted for you Tommy!

I was late 50's.

Thanks for the info :) .. good to have an idea where I’m placed now! Are you on the panel since last December? Or the one before?

Thanks for the info :) .. good to have an idea where I’m placed now! Are you on the panel since last December? Or the one before?

Yeah I was on the supplementary panel that started in December.

Just got an offer for tallaght.

Just got an offer for tallaght.

See you there so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

A bit of a shake up may be on the cards thanks to COVID, there's talk of opening a third training college to facilitate recruitment of an extra 50 student paramedics each in Jan and Sep 2021 to increase workforce numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

ectoraige wrote: »
    A bit of a shake up may be on the cards thanks to COVID, there's talk of opening a third training college to facilitate recruitment of an extra 50 student paramedics each in Jan and Sep 2021 to increase workforce numbers.
    That’s a bit of good news. I’m currently awaiting an interview date since the last recruitment round back in Feb! They issued a mail last week to advise they would be back in touch in Jan with a further update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Anybody hear from the pre-employment team? Monday's email said they'd contact us within 48 hours looking for credentials but I've heard nothing since.

donottroll wrote: »
    Anybody hear from the pre-employment team? Monday's email said they'd contact us within 48 hours looking for credentials but I've heard nothing since.

No nothing, I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

donottroll wrote: »

I'm on the tallaght course and haven't heard anything back from the pre employment team yet either. I could imagine delays due to level 5. If there's anyone looking to share accommodation for tallaght please get in touch! Im not from Dublin lol

Probably a silly question, do we organise our own medical and attach it to the documents requested.

Probably a silly question, do we organise our own medical and attach it to the documents requested.

All of my mates in the job say NAS sorts the medical. You get a date, head down to Tullamore and fill in the form when you get there.

All of my mates in the job say NAS sorts the medical. You get a date, head down to Tullamore and fill in the form when you get there.

Sound pal.

Is anybody doing some course preparation? I'm in the process of learning the medications! Any links to quiz material, in relation to meds? Going to make a start on some Anatomy and physiology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Is anybody doing some course preparation? I'm in the process of learning the medications! Any links to quiz material, in relation to meds? Going to make a start on some Anatomy and physiology.

Yep. I'm going over the meds, and learning anatomy and physiology and also the paramedic CPG's.

Need to get all these documents sorted first. It's a lot they ask for!
    Have to chase up references now.

When is your medical due?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Youtube: Dr John Campbell and Khan Academy. Some excellent A&P videos and very easy to understand.

Advertisement