Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall colour for Cornforth white kitchen

• 16-10-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Kitchen units are painted Cornforth white..struggling to pick a colour for the walls. Wooden effect floor tiles, room is South facing. Want it to be bright but warm..no ideas for skirting and arbitrage also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,447 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Would Ammonite work? We used it in the old house with a french grey on the cupboards. It's hard to go for warm and not end up with a variant on yellow (tallow/new white).

We used ammonite on the walls/ceiling/door, with a grey wood floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Cal04 wrote: »
    Kitchen units are painted Cornforth white..struggling to pick a colour for the walls. Wooden effect floor tiles, room is South facing. Want it to be bright but warm..no ideas for skirting and arbitrage also

I see the F&B website says that Cornforth white sits well with Purbeck stone. I have Purbeck stone in my bedroom, it's a really nice warm grey, my room is south facing....and not too dark a grey at all, it looks darker on the F&B test sheet so don't be discouraged from it. Try a tester pot of it. I'd imagine it would look really great against your units. I painted my skirtings just white.

Advertisement