Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Confirmation of CGT owed

• 11-09-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello all,

I was hoping for some quick help. I sold some shares I had earned through a discount share scheme in my work earlier this year. I am liable for CGT on this.

I assume that I had to make note of the difference between the cost price and sold price for all shares sold and take 33% of the total difference as what I owe in CGT. Then take the exemption of €1270 from this figure to calculate the amount owed to Revenue?

Then I need to complete a Form 12 for Revenue and provide payment details?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NotHappyAtAll

My understanding is you subtract the €1270 from your profit first, then you pay 33% of whatever is left.

Advertisement