Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I going to be a poet

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think you should go for the wife moonlighting as a hooker in Dubai. It will give you scope to add in some detailed chapters with depraved sexual activity. I think I would prefer to read about the perverted sexual habits of wealthy Arabians as opposed to the health scares of some scaffolders after they are involved in a workplace accident.

Did his wife show any signs of sexual indiscretion before she moved to Dubai? Had she any commitment issues? Will the scaffolders be fired?

I had only intended it to be a short story, but it seems people are hungry for more. I will do up a draft for a second chapter maybe. I might even name him. People have assumed he has a manly name because he works on a building site but it could be anything I suppose. Could even have a girls name but identify as a he. Anything could happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BDI wrote: »
    I had only intended it to be a short story, but it seems people are hungry for more. I will do up a draft for a second chapter maybe. I might even name him. People have assumed he has a manly name because he works on a building site but it could be anything I suppose. Could even have a girls name but identify as a he. Anything could happen.

Call him in something asexual like " Alex ".

Keep your readers on their toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Call him in something asexual like " Alex ".

Keep your readers on their toes.

Maybe he could be called Alex and his wife could be called Alex and the most successful manager of Manchester United could be called Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

You can see the improvement over the thread but there is very little market for poetry anymore.

Advertisement