Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Lockdown: a second squirt will keep dat scrolling finger safe.

• 22-10-2020 8:07pm

First day of Level 5, as Liveline rises to the challenge of the incoming tidal wave of sadness. Yet Joe will still manage to sprinkle us de odd shower of Gold Dust with his gems of phraseology!

Carry on in hope, callers, with usual rules of basic decency and respect in spite of our tongue-in-cheek posting. Most of us feel quite stressed, it would be good if we could stay chilled. We may be edgy at times, but don't go over that edge. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Can we have a steward’s enquiry as to the selection of the new thread title?

It is an amalgam of suggestions, caller.

It is an amalgam of suggestions, caller.

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

An auld pome from Shane MacGowan

Twenty fucking five to one
    Me gambling days are done
    I bet on a horse called the Bottle of Smoke
    And my horse won
    Stewards inquiries
    Swift and fiery
    I had the Bottle of Smoke
    Inquisitions and suppositions
    Fuck the stewards
    A trip to Lourdes
    Might give the old fuckers
    The power of sight

Screaming springers and stoppers
    And call out coppers
    But the money still gleams in my hand like a light
    Bookies cursing
    Cars reversing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Title sounds a bit em.... salacious. But what the heck the presenter is a ghoul so anything goes. I presume title refers to hand gel or something... I hope!

And off we go for Sad Friday tomorrow. I don't listen much anymore too depressing, but the comments here keep me amused. TYFYS regular posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
    Well done, well done, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fuk. Opened the thread. Saw it closed and thought I'd picked up a ban :):)

Lahv Lahn Lockdown: De Level Foyve Wan Dubble Foyve Wan Edition

Won’t be long now caller until you do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That's not nice :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

What a thread title, what a thread title, what a thread title, what a thread title!

TYFYS

Won’t be long now caller until you do ;)

You'd know all about that, Ted.

sligojoek wrote: »
    You'd know all about that, Ted.

Tru dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

The bescht ever was 24 Sept

“you mentioned you are having a dog put down tomorrow - what’s his name?”

“Dicky Duck - I’m actually out in the field digging the grave as we speak so to speak - I have a little doggy and catty heaven”

“How many doggys are buried dere?”

“5”

“How many cats”

“About 4”

“And dat’s where Dicky Duck is going tomorrow? Dats where Dicky Duck is going to be buried tomorrow”

“Duggy duck”

“Wha”

“His name is duggy duck”

Gold - pure gold

What a thread title, what a thread title, what a thread title, what a thread title!

TYFYS

Let me guess..

It was your idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Yizzer well-cum abouh de vijoe, callers.

Next toime we does be do be getting a Gold moment so ta speak, I'll wuuurrrk on less bile inducing images for yizzer all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Lahv Lahn Lockdown: De Level Foyve Wan Dubble Foyve Wan Edition

Dat's very good. You're brilliant. You're brilliant. You're brilliant. So to speak.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d729eafcab6560cec841d9af5c3218ea490fed82&rid=giphy.gif

Yizzer well-cum abouh de vijoe, callers.

Next toime we does be do be getting a Gold moment so ta speak, I'll wuuurrrk on less bile inducing images for yizzer all.

TYFYS

Just listened back to that segment again and Mr Duffy certainly shows his true colours.

While I'm relatively new to de Duffy Universe, I've always held de belief dat Mr Duffy was a disingenuous fraud. I've been badly fooled by narcissists, sociopaths & bullies in de past but dis clown fools no one. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nike air max ar a chosa, so to speak.

• Advertisement

Dat's very good. You're brilliant. You're brilliant. You're brilliant. So to speak.

Eeeeeh.. That's one of Joe's.

He daid it yesteday or the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Good Lord :eek::D

I had no idea he worked out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He does.

He works out like a toddler anytime the bubble boooorsts and he gets confronted by a contrary opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Let me guess..

It was your idea?

Gerrora here wit yer oul guff, caller! You can’t say dat, djya hear me now?

Back after dese,

Washyarha

Eeeeeh.. That's one of Joe's.

He daid it yesteday or the day before

I know dat. I know dat.

I've found that I have to make a conscious effort not to use Joe-speak in other parts of de internet. I have to check myself, so to speak.

I know dat. I know dat.

I've found that I have to make a conscious effort not to use Joe-speak in other parts of de internet. I have to check myself, so to speak.

Last year I wroted "Dubalin" in an email and when the red line appeared underneath de wurd I was asking meself WHOY is Microsoft Wurd not up ta date and can't even recognize the name a da capital city a Suddren Ireland and dat?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Last year I wroted "Dubalin" in an email and when the red line appeared underneath de wurd I was asking meself WHOY is Microsoft Wurd not up ta date and can't even recognize the name a da capital city a Suddren Ireland and dat?

Shur you can learn the Wurd Al Gore Rythm so to speak on how to rite the wurd korrectly

Post reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Whoy oh whoy are dere so many Liveline threads?

udder radio threads are like what Frankie Boyle said about the Queens lady garden...haunted

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

i asked someone on twitter if they considered using google translate to convert Dublinese to Manc when corresponding with Liam Gallagher.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement