Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

south bull wall/half moon swimming

• 22-10-2020 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi. the 5k lockdown radius dosent quite extend to Seapoint.....but south bull wall is comfortably within it. considering if its worth changing to that for the 6 weeks

Anyone swim there regularly or know about it? wondering if its just at high tide that it works and is there anything particular to watch out for (excepting large boats)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Ryder wrote: »
    Hi. the 5k lockdown radius dosent quite extend to Seapoint.....but south bull wall is comfortably within it. considering if its worth changing to that for the 6 weeks

Anyone swim there regularly or know about it? wondering if its just at high tide that it works and is there anything particular to watch out for (excepting large boats)

Thanks

I have swum there in the past and don't remember an issue with lack of water. I think that far down the wall you will always get water. You will be getting in at the sea side and not the river!! So if you come across large boats then you (or the pilot) are in trouble..My main memory of swimming there is that it always seems pretty bleak. maybe due to the surrounding landscape (industry, port ect). Also it is a fair walk down if on foot and very hard to cycle due to the uneven surface..
    At least I suppose you will have the walk back to warm you up..
    If the tide is coming in I would swim down towards the lighthouse and you should have a bit of a current back. Tide going out, swim towards the towers. Let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

The water there is full of poo poo

Advertisement