Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HDip in Data Analytics - Prospects?

Options
  • 04-09-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I've been accepted to the Springboard HDip in data analytics with NCI (Springboard) and I've a couple of days to make up my mind and accept the offer.

I'm fairly numerate, but have novice coding knowledge, so I'd be starting from a relatively low base. My worry is that alongside a baby and a full time demanding job (which I'm hoping to exit!) that it would all be too much.

If it were a case where I had a clear goal in front of me, then it might make the effort and late nights that bit easier - so my query is, what are the prospects for someone finishing that qualification? I appreciate that following a career change, it would be an entry level position, but what demand and salary might I expect if I somehow complete the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beebe

onrail wrote: »
    I've been accepted to the Springboard HDip in data analytics with NCI (Springboard) and I've a couple of days to make up my mind and accept the offer.

I'm fairly numerate, but have novice coding knowledge, so I'd be starting from a relatively low base. My worry is that alongside a baby and a full time demanding job (which I'm hoping to exit!) that it would all be too much.

If it were a case where I had a clear goal in front of me, then it might make the effort and late nights that bit easier - so my query is, what are the prospects for someone finishing that qualification? I appreciate that following a career change, it would be an entry level position, but what demand and salary might I expect if I somehow complete the course?

Hi, I’m just wondering how you have been getting on with the course? Are you finding it good?
    I am considering applying for the part time course which starts later this month. I have been a SAHM for the last 3 years and hoping to make a change of career. Do you mind me asking what are most of the students backgrounds taking this course? My own background is in Science.

Advertisement