Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Does anyone know how the weather might be in Kerry in the middle 2 weeks of June? Going down for our holidays!
    From what I'm reading it looks like it'll be quite cool?
    I'd be interested to know the ECM forecast?
    Thanks for any replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lawred2 wrote: »
    Lovely blue sky morning. Will it last? Wouldn't be surprised to see clouding over by 10am

Ah it has lasted here! Sheer magic. with just a slender breeze to clear the midges....blue sky, warm sun, perfection..

west mayo offshore haven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Does anyone know how the weather might be in Kerry in the middle 2 weeks of June? Going down for our holidays!
    Thanks for any replies!

I’m not being smart but no

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not too bad of a day here in Meath, mild spells of sunshine, alot of cloud, was a few spits of drizzle earlier but didn't wet the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭acequion

Thanks for any replies!

While Kerry is indeed beautiful it most certainly isn't renowned for its weather and often is damp and cloudy while the rest of the country basks in the sun. It's the Atlantic factor I'm afraid. But you might be lucky and when the sun shines down here it's paradise. We've actually done ok this May. While it's been cool, it's been mostly dry and bright so maybe that trend will continue. We're always thankful here once it's dry,anything else is a bonus. So fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

Torrential rain in Inchicore, Dublin. Also, lovely sunshine.The raindrops are massive - very convective and I would imagine there is a very sharp cut-off between the wet and dry areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭alentejo

I can usually judge showers and avoiding them. Shower over Dublin between 5.30 and 6 drowned me completely! Soaked - very wet slow moving rain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Pea sized hail and some of the biggest drops of rain I’ve ever seen here at the moment in kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

acequion wrote: »
    While Kerry is indeed beautiful it most certainly isn't renowned for its weather and often is damp and cloudy while the rest of the country basks in the sun. It's the Atlantic factor I'm afraid. But you might be lucky and when the sun shines down here it's paradise. We've actually done ok this May. While it's been cool, it's been mostly dry and bright so maybe that trend will continue. We're always thankful here once it's dry,anything else is a bonus. So fingers crossed for you!

Ah acequion your giving Kerry a bad name for weather ! Sure isn't it the weather that adds to the rugged beauty :)

Beautiful evening back in Ballyheigue where you will get a nice swim Wine Goddess and miles of walking back to Banna and good fishing too if you head back this way. Hope the weather is good for your holiday, I think too far away to know how it will pan out atm, maybe into the first week of June you might have more of an idea .

Pic : Ballyheigue 20.30 Approx

LhXnzj4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice bit of evening sun here this afternoon. A better evening than most we got last week IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Very dry conditions continue. Tonights forecast gives possible rain later in week but reckon soil deficit will take very heavy rainfall to make good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Really humid and heavy in Cork City today, had to get an icecream! Sunny and overcast at times but warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Nice bit of evening sun here this afternoon. A better evening than most we got last week IMHO.

Yeah thought today turned out a great day and the sun felt warm when it broke through

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very dry conditions continue. Tonights forecast gives rain but reckon soil deficit will take very heavy rainfall to make good.

Ground is rock hard here near Tralee, just 9mm this month so far and 56mm last month.

Will be glad of the bit of rain on Weds night / Thurs, looks like a nearly stalled slow moving occluded front, quite weak apart from the SW, my garden and ponds need every drop of it and I'm sure the farmers will be glad of rain after cutting the silage.

PM24GYz.gif

VkT0mRr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovely clear end to the day here in Castlebar,plenty of brightness left in the sky. Going to turn cold though, frost later under clear calm conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭acequion

Ah acequion your giving Kerry a bad name for weather ! Sure isn't it the weather that adds to the rugged beauty :)

Beautiful evening back in Ballyheigue where you will get a nice swim Wine Goddess and miles of walking back to Banna and good fishing too if you head back this way. Hope the weather is good for your holiday, I think too far away to know how it will pan out atm, maybe into the first week of June you might have more of an idea .

Pic : Ballyheigue 20.30 Approx

LhXnzj4.jpg

lol Meteorite, just not giving wine goddess any false illusions on the weather front. And it is indeed a gorgeous evening also just down the road in Tralee. That whole area, Banna, Ballyheigue, Fenit, Barrow, is paradise on a fine day. In fact I think Barrow is the most beautiful place in the entire world. That breath taking vista on your left as you go up the road to the golf club and that magnificent sweep of the bay. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

This weather is much better than any heatwave...you could sit out in it all day and not get tired of it...there is not much talk about it...yet this could be our summer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Ground is rock hard here near Tralee, just 9mm this month so far and 56mm last month.

Will be glad of the bit of rain on Weds night / Thurs, looks like a nearly stalled slow moving occluded front, quite weak apart from the SW, my garden and ponds need every drop of it and I'm sure the farmers will be glad of rain after cutting the silage.

PM24GYz.gif

VkT0mRr.png

And that is one of the weter looking charts,I would not be surprised if it didn't make any inroads at all.
    Looking at some of the long range charts it's looking to become even dryer after next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Definitely the best evening for a while in Dublin once the cloud was clearing. Very starry sky out there now.

https://twitter.com/PhotographyWx/status/1130605959892668416

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beautiful moon out there tonight .

• Advertisement

Thanks for any replies!

Take extra layers; a fleece, jerseys. Be prepared! Oh and rainwear of course... :D

I lived in Kerry for years and never a real bother re the weather as acequion has alleged.

Ah well! Mayo is even more lovely than Kerry though on all scores...:D

Another lovely morning with a golden sunrise that bodes well for today. a small honey -sweet breeze and a lemon -tang in the cool air... ..

Ocean and sky utterly glorious and mountains dour and severe.

west mayo heaven offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

was a great sunset last night in Cork City and its a lovely blue sky again today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

21 days of May gone in Sligo now and we still have not reached 10mm of rain for the month.

40mm top will be the total here this month if even that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

was a great sunset last night in Cork City and its a lovely blue sky again today!
    We've had a very good run the last month. Temps haven't been the highest but plenty of heat in the sun. Save the actual warmth for high summer (If there is any on offer this year!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Agreed with above.its been a great spell of weather. Little or no rain , a grand spell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The past week has been decent, first week of May was brutal here with plenty of rain and very cold conditions. It's been fairly mild during daylight hours over the past week, nights still chilly enough. It's been an ok May so far but haven't really felt any proper warmth yet. Last few days of May and first week of June has potential to be quite chilly. Overall it's probably the coolest May we've had so far in a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Garavogue river now down to a couple of feet deep and it was spilling over paths in mid March.

River in Castlebar and lake as low as Ive seen them in some time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

pauldry wrote: »
    Garavogue river now down to a couple of feet deep and it was spilling over paths in mid March.

River in Castlebar and lake as low as Ive seen them in some time too.

We have only 10.2mm of rain so far this month in Castlebar.

Advertisement