Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not a bad evening. Calm and mild.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice mild and dry day today, first completely dry day since June 1st. Wouldn't call today warm, but it was alot milder than the bitter cold we've had for first half of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got up to 15.7c in Sligo today even though it rained most of the day. When the weather is broke here its broke. We may get 2 or 3 warm days before the end of June. Hopefully the days of 11 and 12c are over till ......July probably. At least it will be 18c in.....November.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tomorrow likely the warmest day of the week or perhaps the month so far, temperatures in a few eastern areas could reach 20C, cooler conditions from Wednesday back to the mid teens for a few days, then nudging up again at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭appledrop

Gonzo wrote: »
    nice mild and dry day today, first completely dry day since June 1st. Wouldn't call today warm, but it was alot milder than the bitter cold we've had for first half of June.

Yea in a normal Irish summer; today would be an unremarkable day but the weather has been so cold that today for first time I was able to be without a jacket.

• Advertisement

appledrop wrote: »
    Yea in a normal Irish summer; today would be an unremarkable day but the weather has been so cold that today for first time I was able to be without a jacket.

yeah no jacket or winter woolies for first time in nearly a month, also no fire lit tonight for first time in over 2 weeks. Today still wasn't T-Shirt friendly tho so kept a light jumper on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

T shirt friendly in Arklow
    Car was reading 19.5c as I was driving through the town this afternoon!

AWS peaked on the farm at 17.8 and no bother with just the t short today,beautiful day and beautiful evening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful day in Kerry getting up to 17.9C and a nice pleasant mild evening out in the garden till late. Good clear skies here in Kerry tonight with a beautiful moon rising. Better temperatures all round today.

Cool night in store with similar temperatures tomorrow it seems if not up a degree or two more hitting 20C in places, probably more so in the E

aPFGekX.png

I also got two loads of washing dried on line today. Sure what more could you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

appledrop wrote: »
    I also got two loads of washing dried on line today. Sure what more could you want!
    A partner to do the same and think like you. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely display of noctilucent clouds to the north now.
    Clear skies for a change

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

lolie wrote: »
    Lovely display of noctilucent clouds to the north now.
    Clear skies for a change

Beautiful display all right, not the sharpest shot but just got this one including a Cb in the distance, with a car passing to boot!

I will have to cross the road the next night to avoid the lines and get a better focus.

QwczVSB.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Beautiful morning

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    When I went last year it was hotter in Ireland for the 2 weeks I was away
    So I’ll enjoy yere misery this year :D

Aaaannnddddd it’s RAINING in Portugal
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nice spring morning in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Low of 6.5c overnight. Currently 13c and sunny.

15.1c and sunny in South Wicklow
    Wind a land SW,so is a 20c possible today?
    Either that or a sea breeze develops and theres a few convergence showers created inland

Nudging 16c now

km79 wrote: »
    Aaaannnddddd it’s RAINING in Portugal
    :(

Portugal still clinging onto the unseasonably lower temperatures that they've had for the past 3 weeks or so.

temp_eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

A warm gentle breeze here in Roscommon making the flowers sway like drunken Troubadours. Giving line-hung wet jeans a 3.5hr estimated drying time in the prevailing conditions.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous here in Arklow too
    Sea breeze has kicked in
    So 20c unlikely
    Currently 17.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17 degrees currently in Cork City and blue skies, Feeling like summer at long last

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Feeling like summer at long last

Or February!

Now that's what I call summer! Beautiful here in Kildare. 20 degrees in the car. In a short sleeve top + lovely + warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

13.8C in Castlebar and overcast, but at least it has been dry so far today.

my first day in a T-Shirt since Easter Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Too much cloud, but it's warm at just over 19C on both my therms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Nice day out today, 21c earlier but back down to 19c now. Bit less cloud would be nice but can't complain overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Something we're tracking already is a hot plume headed for Britain around 26th-27th -- might be overdone on 06z GFS but would bring 35 C temps into southern England from a near 40 C source in France. Ireland looks to be in a transitional zone in mid 20s for the hottest portion of that spell on the guidance so far. Could therefore be more of a storm producer than a heat event for Ireland. Given the abundant surface moisture after this rather wet month (much wetter in Wales) storm potential would be high if air masses clash. The 12z GFS has already downgraded this potential for heat slightly but keeps a frontal zone over Ireland so around Wed 26th on current guidance there could be a northward moving thunderstorm complex -- worth keeping an eye on how this evolves closer to the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Monday 10th still the best day of this rubbish June in Dublin 13. Too much cloud for my liking today.

Advertisement