Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

DUB924 wrote: »
    DCC.. still waiting on the letter to arrive we rang and looks like its going to be another 3 month wait for us..

3 months to hear back from credit commitee?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

3 months to hear back from credit commitee?:eek:

They want us to show we can save the mortgage amount over 3 months before they will approve us which is what I thought was in our accounts. does anyone know does this savings have to be in the 1 joint account or can it be across both applicant accounts??

They want us to show we can save the mortgage amount over 3 months before they will approve us which is what I thought was in our accounts. does anyone know does this savings have to be in the 1 joint account or can it be across both applicant accounts??

Have you been paying rent from your bank? Ours is over both applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Dve28 wrote: »
    Soo strange, I've paid my booking deposit three weeks ago and everytime I call it some different person, always get different answers, but they mention they have to arranged their inspection.

I do have my solicitor and he is also pushing Council for an update, but he told me to better no push with the contracts until we have an answer from Council. I did survey report and valuation of the property, I sent both of them, a letter from agency and a letter with solicitor details.

Is the draft loan documents same as the Notification of provisional loan approval?

MPI I have it at home but it says to dont send it to council until they let me know. Also any recommendation for home insurance?

The draft documents are about 10 pages of terms etc that will be sent to you and official ones to your solicitor one month later. If you provided them with a valuation report I do not know why they need an inspection but as witnessed here the councils seem to differ a lot.

Allianz were the best quote that I got for home insurance .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

Have you been paying rent from your bank? Ours is over both applicants

No we are both back living with parents at the minute. Tried to call this morning it looks like it can be across both applicants accounts so will have to see what they say as we have got the required amount every month. Will have to see if not it will be another 3 months of savings for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Dve28

SNNUS wrote: »
    The draft documents are about 10 pages of terms etc that will be sent to you and official ones to your solicitor one month later. If you provided them with a valuation report I do not know why they need an inspection but as witnessed here the councils seem to differ a lot.

Allianz were the best quote that I got for home insurance .

Ok, I havn't get the draft documents. It's what I was thinking, why they asked me to do an inspection/valuation when they will perform another one? :S I just called them again few minutes ago but they told me the same!! So I guess they will send me draft documents once the inspection is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is there an end date for this scheme?

No we are both back living with parents at the minute. Tried to call this morning it looks like it can be across both applicants accounts so will have to see what they say as we have got the required amount every month. Will have to see if not it will be another 3 months of savings for us.

Thats so strange. Have you the six months showing the savings or maybe they look for 12

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Is there an end date for this scheme?

No end date

No end date

SNNUS had you to pay council solicitors?

• Advertisement

SNNUS had you to pay council solicitors?

I have not been advised that I need to...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sukie

Submitted our application last month and today my partner was told he will be getting a pay rise. I'm worried this will affect our application. Does anyone know if you need to re-submit payslips etc before closing?

After a long rigmarole with brokers and banks (starting last November) we applied to south Dublin coco last month and they've told us we'll have an answer by the end of August.
    Today my partner was told he's getting a pay rise.. Great news! but I'm worried this will affect our application as it might push us over the threshold.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Does anyone know if payslips need to be resubmitted at any time?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭surrender monkey

Yes pay slips and bank statements have to be re submitted in the final stages. I'd ask for a hold on that pay rise if I were you.

Yes pay slips and bank statements have to be re submitted in the final stages. I'd ask for a hold on that pay rise if I were you.
    Resubmitted before drawdown is it?

Up dated information will be requested before drawdown

I did not have to provide any updated payslips etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

With DCC I'll have to resubmit before drawdown.

Have you completed yet? It's evident from this thread that different councils have different methods. It would be usual enough to have to submit updated pay slips and bank statements before drawdown. An eagle eyed staff member could notice a new loan or reduced earnings , just don't borrow money, keep saving and keep your wages the same certainly don't suddenly start earning over the thresholds cos if you do you may not qualify for the scheme.

What council did you apply to?

This pay rise will put us over the limit (just about), it's already processed so it should show up in his next month pay slip.

• Advertisement

Does anyone who has drawn down know- one of the requirements is to show the balance of the funds in your account, we are using the help to buy scheme we dont have this in our account, is it enough to show the balance and then the print off of the help to buy amount

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi I'm back after all the information thank you . So I put all my documents into the council 2 days ago and my stomach has been sick ever since ... I'm terrified . There are new builds going up in our area and we are hoping for one of them... absolutely petrified

Also it stated in our letter of offer that we will be liable for councils legal fees, does anyone have ball park figure of what this will cost or when it has to be paid

Does anyone who has drawn down know- one of the requirements is to show the balance of the funds in your account, we are using the help to buy scheme we dont have this in our account, is it enough to show the balance and then the print off of the help to buy amount

Show the balance to who? The drawdown goes to your solicitor who pass on the funds once completed to sellers solicitor.

Show the balance to who? The drawdown goes to your solicitor who pass on the funds once completed to sellers solicitor.

On our letter of approval in principal it asks for the documentation to show the full amount of the balance of remaining funds in our accounts, to the council

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

So after nearly 16 weeks I finally got word back on Friday and we got approved the €288000. I'm so delighted, me and my partner have a booking deposit on a new house already, but it won't be ready till late December. Just waiting for the letter in the post, so what's the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Laney835

How long did you wait to hear an answer of if you received the loan after the application went back to your county council. Our Coco received our application back from underwriters a week ago.... How much longer before i hear anything else?

redmond08 wrote: »
    So after nearly 16 weeks I finally got word back on Friday and we got approved the €288000. I'm so delighted, me and my partner have a booking deposit on a new house already, but it won't be ready till late December. Just waiting for the letter in the post, so what's the next stage?

Finally ! Congratulations , they made you sweat it!

Next stage is the approval letter , you accept that in writing. Give them the details of the house you have the deposit on and advise them of your solicitor.

You then get draft loan documents sent to you and they will be sent to your solicitor one month later. You have lots of time with your house so none of this will delay you.

Sort out your Help to buy application with revenue and start shopping for bits and bobs!

Drawdown the funds before the 6 months expire but should not be an issue.

Ask if you can get your own MPI in place and house insurance closer to the time 😊

Finally ! Congratulations , they made you sweat it!

Next stage is the approval letter , you accept that in writing. Give them the details of the house you have the deposit on and advise them of your solicitor.

You then get draft loan documents sent to you and they will be sent to your solicitor one month later. You have lots of time with your house so none of this will delay you.

Sort out your Help to buy application with revenue and start shopping for bits and bobs!

Drawdown the funds before the 6 months expire but should not be an issue.

Ask if you can get your own MPI in place and house insurance closer to the time 😊

Yeah I have my code ready for my HTB. So when I get the letter for my approval, I upload that and signed contracts to revenue.ie, or is another letter the council send out that I upload?

• Advertisement

Laney835 wrote: »
    How long did you wait to hear an answer of if you received the loan after the application went back to your county council. Our Coco received our application back from underwriters a week ago.... How much longer before i hear anything else?

We rang on Friday morning and he said that he had a meeting with the credit committee about our application that morning and would ring us in the evening. 4 hours later he rang us and said we got approved. If you reach the credit committee then that's a very good sign that the underwriters/housing agency were happy with your application!

Advertisement