Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Words of encouragement

• 14-06-2021 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I haven't been to the dentist in 15 years (in my 30's).
    My teeth are in terrible condition.

No pain or anything, but significant tartar/calculus buildup, receding and at times sore gums, overcrowding and an overbite. I am so embarrassed by how bad I have let them get, that this is now the main reason I am scared to visit the dentist.

Visiting a dentist is genuinely the most terrifying thought to me but I know if I don't go now then it's only going to get worse.

I am just looking for words of encouragement from anyone who was in a similar position. I'm afraid the dentist will just give out to me or be disgusted.
    Also the cost is likely to be significant (I don't want to go abroad), is it feasible to just start with what's urgent and then set aside an amount per month to get what work is needed done?

Also any recommendations for dentists in Dublin City please who are sympathetic to a nervous patient ?

Advertisement