Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Games Have You Completed? (2021 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Haven't got a clue what that is -- I played like a noob, and it took multiple attempts to beat him, so I guess I got lucky? :pac:

GAME The King of Fighters '95 (KOF Collection)
    PLATFORM PlayStation 4

I was just happy to be able to pick my own team this time around.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PLAYSTATION 4
    2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PLAYSTATION 4
    3|GRIS|PLAYSTATION 4
    4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PLAYSTATION 4
    5|STREETS OF RAGE 4|NINTENDO SWITCH
    6|ACA NEOGEO: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94|PLAYSTATION 4
    7|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 (KOF COLLECTION)|PLAYSTATION 4

Rugal is notorious for a) being broken and b) just walking into low-kicks/sweeps so a generation of gamers can cheese a win against him. You've got Goenitz and Orochi to go......fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Rugal is notorious for a) being broken and b) just walking into low-kicks/sweeps so a generation of gamers can cheese a win against him. You've got Goenitz and Orochi to go......fun times.

Just came away from it there.

GAME The King of Fighters '96 (KOF Collection: The Orochi Saga)
    PLATFORM PlayStation 4

Fúck Goenitz and fúck his tornado attack.

GAME The King of Fighters '97: Global Match
    PLATFORM PlayStation 4

Orochi wasn't as hard as I was expecting.

I've been abusing the hell out of Joe Higashi since KOF 94. I try mixing it up but Higashi is just so handy to use for me. He's my favourite so far.

GAME The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
    PLATFORM PlayStation 4

Omega Rugal has to be one of the cheapest bosses I have ever fought in a 2D fighting game in my life.....I had to resort to just standing back like a wimp, hitting him with a low kick until I felt safe to do a super deadly attack. Took about 20 tries (I counted around 20, anyway) and I had to resort to wearing a glove for my left hand as my thumb has actually gone tender.

How people play these games on a competitive level I'll never understand.

What can I say, I like to be punished. lol

GAME Neo Geo Battle Coliseum*
    PLATFORM Xbox 360

I put an asterisk on this because it didn't really feel like I completed it as there are a number of different final bosses you can aim to fight against; it all depends on how you play leading up to the last level. I only managed to beat the boss that needed the lowest recommended specified objectives (being none) but it took me flipping ages to get there. Since my guy (Joe Higashi) isn't in this game I had to force myself to learn how to use other characters, but I ended up using Haohmaru from (Samurai Shodown) and cheesing his strong punch attack.

GAME Fatal Fury (ACA NeoGeo)
    PLATFORM PlayStation 4

Bare-bones by today's standard but still a solid fighter.

GAME Street Fighter (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

I was starting to get so used to SNK games that I wanted to see how a Capcom fighter felt in comparison..... I got the 30th Anniversary Collection on Steam there, decided to give that a go by starting with SF1............ lol bad start.

Christ that game was god-awful. How anyone could possibly hope to beat this game in one sitting, I'll never know. I saved it after every fight, and Sagat can go fck a duck. What a horribly-made, outdated game.
    • Bad Controls
    • Outrageously bad hit-detection
    • Cheap Enemies
    • Bland visuals
    I'm so glad to have that over and done with.

GAME Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

Much better.

I've noticed one mechanic that seems to be very apparent while playing these fighting games lately. Now, it could be a placebo effect on my end, but it just seems too much of a coincidence: nearly all opponents have this desperation mechanic that occurs if they're close to being defeated -- like they become more aggressive and unpredictable. That's how it seems to me, I'm probably just imagining it -- maybe the desperation is on my end and I'm getting more nervous.

SF2:WW is as basic a Street Fighter 2 game as you're gonna get (obviously) and it really shows here. If you're ever gonna play a SF2 title, don't go here - what's the point? At least go for Hyper Fighting if you're gonna go close to it but I would recommend SS2 Turbo, which I'll get to eventually.

I know I said I was gonna play the King of Fighters series through to 2003 but I'm kind-of having 2D-fighter-fever. Loving all of these games and how different they all play.

GAME Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

This one, while on the surface looking like the exact same game with 4 extra characters to play as, was actually more fun to play, if that makes sense. It felt more balanced. There were plenty of times on the original SF2 where I felt it was really easy to cheese my way to the end. Even M. Bison was piss easy at the time. This one was more challenging. Onto Hyper Fighting now, I think.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM
    3|GRIS|PLAYSTATION 4
    6|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PLAYSTATION 4
    7|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    8|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    9|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    10|THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360
    12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PLAYSTATION 4
    13|STREET FIGHTER (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    14|STREET FIGHTER II: THE WORLD WARRIOR (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    15|STREET FIGHTER II: CHAMPION EDITION (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hitman 2 is my first game finished this year. But I'll be playing it a lot more because there's so much to do in the levels. Really fun game. My main gripe with the earlier games was I'd be wandering around aimlessly trying to find a key or specific outfit to let me stealth my way through.The new mission stories really help with this. Not in any rush to get Hitman 3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Astro's Playroom|PS5
    2|Spider Man Remastered|PS5
    3|Maneater|PS5
    4|Jedi: Fallen Order|Series X
    5|Streets of Rage 4|Series X

Jedi: Fallen Order. Decent enough Star Wars romp but there wasn't an original bone in the games body. Weak platforming, a lot of back tracking and clunky combat made it a chore to play at times. Feeling like a proper jedi towards the end of the game was nice though. I did turn the difficulty down halfway through to power through the story as I didn't find the combat all that enjoyable. I did like Greez though.

Streets of Rage 4. Years since I played any Streets of Rage game. Loved it. Great soundtrack, visuals and was a treat to play. Might go through it again co-op with my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Streets of Rage 4 | Switch
    2|Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5(Ps4 version)
    3| Star Wars Battlefront 2 Campaign | Ps5(ps4 version)

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Campaign

Really enjoyed this was short and sweet but it was better than it had any right to be picked this up around a year and half ago and it felt by the way side,

Its actually very enjoyable online to dip into lacks the tactical nature of other multiplayer games but its good sandbox mode for star wars fans since they got rid of the pay to win.

I managed to add a good bit to the backlog after getting a series x, so in-between sunset overdrive , life is strange season 2 on ps5 and nearly finished ffx on switch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

#|Game|Platform
    1| Resident Evil 3| PlayStation 4|
    2| Resident Evil 4| PlayStation 4|
    3| Yakuza Kiwami| PlayStation 4

Yakuza Kiwami

I have never played any of the Yakuza games before but I saw it mentioned that in another thread that they were on sale so I decided to give the first one a go as a break from the RE games and have to say I enjoyed it a lot! Excellent story, well written humour, good action despite being a bit too easy and loads to do in the open world. A much better version of GTA. I think I'm now hooked and I'll have to work my way through the rest of the games now!

My only small gripe would be the ridiculous completion list of the requirement to playthrough the game twice if you want to go for the platinum trophy. I usually try for the plat trophy in open world games but I never go for it if I'm required to play through a game more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kingp35 wrote: »
    #|Game|Platform

Yakuza Kiwami

I have never played any of the Yakuza games before but I saw it mentioned that in another thread that they were on sale so I decided to give the first one a go as a break from the RE games and have to say I enjoyed it a lot! Excellent story, well written humour, good action despite being a bit too easy and loads to do in the open world. A much better version of GTA. I think I'm now hooked and I'll have to work my way through the rest of the games now!

My only small gripe would be the ridiculous completion list of the requirement to playthrough the game twice if you want to go for the platinum trophy. I usually try for the plat trophy in open world games but I never go for it if I'm required to play through a game more than once.
    How did you get on with the car-chase section? It's bit of a strange difficulty spike, especially so late into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

#|Game|Platform

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza 0 is great also as it uses the dragon engine, yet to jump into yakuza kiwami 2 but its meant to be fantastic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    How did you get on with the car-chase section? It's bit of a strange difficulty spike, especially so late into things.

Got through it first go, maybe I was just lucky although I was very low on health by the end.

I found the rest of the game easy because you could so many health items in your inventory that you were never going to run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Got through it first go, maybe I was just lucky although I was very low on health by the end.

I found the rest of the game easy because you could so many health items in your inventory that you were never going to run out.

Distinctly remember that section being a pain the the hoop. Also the tendency for every boss to enter rage mode and regen health mid fight. Think I only copped how to deal with that towards the end of the game. Swig back a heat potion and slap them out of it.

Zero is great too and a nice step up from Kiwami. Not sure if it uses dragon engine but it's definitely better looking. Playing though Like a Dragon at the moment and it's brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Horizon Zero Dawn and the Frozen Wilds DLC.
    Liked it and will pick up the sequel at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Bioshock 2 | PC
    2|GTA San Andreas | PC

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

What a Game. I never finished it way back when and haven't played it since but it really is something else. the map is enormous and not one inch goes to waste, the five or so areas are all very distinctive and full of personality. The plot and characters are appropriatly OTT but CJ is just grounded enough to pull it off. The light RPG elements don't really fit but are more f a distraction than a problem.

Something i feel is a problem was the airplane segments. The whole game grinds to a halt in the last qurter and you have to do ten flight school tests so you can fly a plane and you only end up flying on three or so missions. It feels really uncomfortable and kinda just thrown in. Planes are only really good for getting across the map quicker but they're hard to control and just driving the map is nore fun.

Anyway, mini rant over. San andreas is a great game and almpst perfect for it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's still up there as one of my all time favourites. GTA V was still brilliant as well but San An is better. Hopefully GTA VI is just as good as those two.

GAME Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

This one was a lot tougher - probably because the speed was increased and I had less time to react. I got the hang of it eventually until I got to M. Bison. It took about 10 or 11 fights to realise the only thing I could really do was spam the Tatsumaki. It worked.

Good game but I'm starting to get tired of the SF2 formula. I'm on to the Super series next so at least there are new characters to fight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GAME Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

Cleaner audio and new characters to play with. Didn't get to fight Akuma, unfortunately.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GAME Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

Delighted to get SF2 done with. Was getting ridiculous by the last boss on this (Akuma). This was brutal........

GAME Street Fighter Alpha (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

This one felt very streamlined compared to SF2. I've played all these games numerous times before over my life but never back to back like this. Alpha was much simpler than the last game. Nice cartoonish visuals as well. I completely forgot Adon and Birdie (from the original SF) made their appearance in this game, as well as Guy and Sodom from (Final Fight). I think this might have been the first time Street Fighter went a bit mental with its characters, as there is another character in the game called Dan, supposedly a parody of Ryo from King of Fighters and Art of Fighting (which I've yet to play).

Plotwise I think the game is set between SF1 & SF2 (which explains Birdie and Adon's appearance and Sagat's monologue before you fight him).

GAME Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

Once again, it felt easier to play. I have nothing much else to say about it other than.... Akuma's the final boss - that's pretty much it.

GAME Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

This was probably the best one I've played out of all of 'em so far.
    It just perfected everything.
    Not sure about the inclusion of dialogue and cutscenes (even though there were very little, but it usually serves as a foundation for more cutscenes in later games)

GAME Street Fighter III: New Generation (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

I hate Gill.
    Gill is a prick, and he fúcking knows it.

GAME Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

One of the more striking features about this game is the fact that it can be played in true widescreen. Sadly I think it's the only one in the collection that does. Makes the game look a lot better.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM
    3|GRIS|PLAYSTATION 4
    6|KOF '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PLAYSTATION 4
    7|KOF '95 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    8|KOF '96 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    9|KOF '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    10|KOF '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    13|STREET FIGHTER (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    14|SFII: THE WORLD WARRIOR (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    15|SFII: CHAMPION EDITION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    16|SFII: HYPER FIGHTING (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    17|SSFII: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    18|SSFII TURBO (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    19|SF ALPHA (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    20|SF ALPHA 2 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    21|SF ALPHA 3 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    22|SF3: NEW GENERATION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    23|SF3: 2ND IMPACT (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gamer Bhoy 89..... all these fighting games feel like cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Bioshock Infinite [PS4] - I loved this game but not quite as much as the first. Although very different from 1 & 2 there are some slight similarities with weapons and vigours(plasmids). If you've never played a Bioshock game then the collection is available quite cheaply. I would highly recommend all three for those that haven't played them. They are masterpieces and should be played in order of release date i.e. 1,2 and then infinite.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider [PS4] - If you've played a Tomb Raider game before then you'll know what to expect. This one is slightly less combat heavy than the first two in the trilogy and more focussed on stealth and exploration. It's a beautiful looking game and whilst I enjoyed it I found it to be the weakest of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ReganBrady

I am about to complete Paradise Killer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite [PS4] - I loved this game but not quite as much as the first. Although very different from 1 & 2 there are some slight similarities with weapons and vigours(plasmids). If you've never played a Bioshock game then the collection is available quite cheaply. I would highly recommend all three for those that haven't played them. They are masterpieces and should be played in order of release date i.e. 1,2 and then infinite.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider [PS4] - If you've played a Tomb Raider game before then you'll know what to expect. This one is slightly less combat heavy than the first two in the trilogy and more focussed on stealth and exploration. It's a beautiful looking game and whilst I enjoyed it I found it to be the weakest of the three.

Finished Infinite over the Christmas myself. Played on Series X, looks super with auto HDR. Its the one Bioshock game I never completed and really enjoyed it, much more than the bit I played on release. Story is great. DLC supposed to be good too so must try get that started.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gamer Bhoy 89..... all these fighting games feel like cheating.

How d'ye mean?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How d'ye mean?

I'm not saying it's a competition or anything but if you were feeling anyway competitive....

Think I need to break out the fighting game anthologies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Sounds like a competition :) Does BOTW on Wii U and Switch count as one game or 2 games ?

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Sounds like a competition :) Does BOTW on Wii U and Switch count as one game or 2 games ?

No that there is some real cheating!

Honestly I just use this thread to keep my own tally. It's not a competition. If you feel you've beaten a game then put it in here.

I'm not saying it's a competition or anything but if you were feeling anyway competitive....

Think I need to break out the fighting game anthologies :pac:

Competitive about what? The games? They're hard as hell lol
    No that there is some real cheating!

Honestly I just use this thread to keep my own tally. It's not a competition. If you feel you've beaten a game then put it in here.

I get a little slow with things like this - I have no idea what you're talking about lol If you mean me using save states per fight, yeah, I will abuse that shít :pac::pac:

I'm just joking with you that you are ploughing ahead of everyone in games completed with all these fighting games. It's giving me an inferiority complex :pac:

I'm just joking with you that you are ploughing ahead of everyone in games completed with all these fighting games. It's giving me an inferiority complex :pac:

Ohhhh!! Forgive me I'm really feckin slow with that. Jokes go over my head, a lot lol I'm the type that needs an explanation.

Tell ya what: If I beat all of the SF games in that collection, then I'll reduce it down as one single game :p

13|STREET FIGHTER 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION|PC

You don't have to. I plan to Megaman the **** out of my list :D

GAME Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
    PLATFORM PC

That's it. The last one. I have the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection done and dusted.

EtY3E1mWYAEBfmn?format=jpg&name=large

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM
    3|GRIS|PLAYSTATION 4
    6|KOF '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PLAYSTATION 4
    7|KOF '95 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    8|KOF '96 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PLAYSTATION 4
    9|KOF '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    10|KOF '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PLAYSTATION 4
    13|STREET FIGHTER (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    14|SFII: THE WORLD WARRIOR (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    15|SFII: CHAMPION EDITION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    16|SFII: HYPER FIGHTING (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    17|SSFII: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    18|SSFII TURBO (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    19|SF ALPHA (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    20|SF ALPHA 2 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    21|SF ALPHA 3 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    22|SF3: NEW GENERATION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    23|SF3: 2ND IMPACT (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC
    24|SF3: 3RD STRIKE (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION|PC

Did you enjoy the final boss's resurrection super art? :pac:

Did you enjoy the final boss's resurrection super art? :pac:

No I did not :pac: It took me a while to realise that I could actually attack him before he landed his super attack as well, which rendered him unable to resurrect. I hate that guy so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Control, Xbox Series X, Game pass, put some thoughts on gaming general. Very enjoyable.

Advertisement