Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Is inanimate object a gender?

Either way stupid idea. Whoever green lighted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Nexytus wrote: »
    Either way stupid idea. Whoever green lighted that.

Makes you see red, no wait..green, no wait..red.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm completely lost.........thankfully.

I'm completely lost.........thankfully.

Don't worry mate, if your not sure just take a leaf out of crocodile dundees book and drop the hand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I would imagine an Afro would create a lot of drag for a pro swimmer even with an oversized swimming cap on.

....is the correct answer. 10 points to Paddygreen.

Paddygreen 10 , Everyone Else -2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

.anon. wrote: »
    Not cowardliness - just basic manners. A transgender person who was born female, but identifies as male, will probably be a bit pissed off if you (or, in this case, someone trying to sell them a product) refer to them as a 'woman'. Nobody really minds being called a 'person' though.

Basic you say. We've come a long way since please and thank you so!

Will they need to change OPKs and pregnancy tests too so they can also be for "people who ovulate" and "people who have babies"?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dulceetdecorum

Antares35 wrote: »
    Basic you say. We've come a long way since please and thank you so!

Will they need to change OPKs and pregnancy tests too so they can also be for "people who ovulate" and "people who have babies"?

Nah they're generally for people who think they might be pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

110% girl!

Have you like an extra tit or something? Like yer one from Total Recall (either version)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Is inanimate object a gender?

Ask the French! Or the Germans! Or lots of other funny foreigners!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

• Advertisement

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I had to do a mxnditory mxnual handling course, as my empymxnt is in mxnufacturing. The mxn running it mxnaged to mxnoeuver a mxnnequin onto a mxntlepiece. He demxnded I do it too, but I felt mxnipulated, mxnhandling a mxnufactured humxn, so he reprimxnded me. The mxniac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I had to do a mxnditory mxnual handling course, as my empymxnt is in mxnufacturing. The mxn running it mxnaged to mxnoeuver a mxnnequin onto a mxntlepiece. He demxnded I do it too, but I felt mxnipulated, mxnhandling a mxnufactured humxn, so he reprimxnded me. The mxniac.

Dear God....stop it.

AHHHAAHAHAHAHHahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

Fcuking loser!

I wonder how long that fcuktard had to sit in their dark basement trying to come up with something that would let them join the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

holy mother of christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oh fúck, what a heap of horseshít.

How do you even pronounce that? Womzan? Christ on a bike... cycling very fast in the opposite direction.

I like this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Every time you think the spinelessness can't be topped... bam!

Bad enough when Latino/a was changed by some to Latinx.

So openminded that brains are falling out.

Every time you think the spinelessness can't be topped... bam!

Bad enough when Latino/a was changed by some to Latinx.

Isn't that what condoms are made of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

These pr1cks are so woke they'll sleep themselves into extinction.

The more they metaphorically push each over the edge the better it is for society, shower of vvankers...

I wonder what will be the last woke quote...

I was never into that woke sh17 in the first place, more than likely

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    The more they push each over the edge the better it is for society, shower of wxnkers...

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

FYP

Just fixed it, thanks for the head's up.

I was posting metaphorically about pushing each other over the cliff's edge..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Saw a cafe in town called "the woke cup".

Just too on the nose. Then again, considering their target audience...

On a completely separate note I'd like to announce the opening of Dublin's newest bespoke artisanal food ingestion area for the socially oblivious, "Agitating Fook"

Meet like-minded no-mind's and learn new ways to be as disconnected from reality as possible while unemployed and sipping a 6 euro coffee for 4 hours. Be there, or be racist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lot of anger over something as inoffensive as an inclusive “term” in here tonight.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Does anybody remember a time when Internet access wasn't as widespread? They were good times, most assholes didn't have access or thought it was for the nerds so mostly avoided it.

Now everyone has access so assholes are out in their droves talking ****e.

It's not anger, it's most dismay I suppose. Like, grand, invent a word, but at least make it pronounceable. Won't be using it anyway, so I suppose it's a moot point. Also, why always jump to anger? Can people not just say something without it being taken as being angry? I'm certainly not angry over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

It's not anger, it's most dismay I suppose. Like, grand, invent a word, but at least make it pronounceable. Won't be using it anyway, so I suppose it's a moot point. Also, why always jump to anger? Can people not just say something without it being taken as being angry? I'm certainly not angry over it.

I think it's more than understandable for irritation to arise when something has long outlived it's welcome.

Like listening to a crackpot fumble his way through some insane conspiracy theory, yes, it might actually be amusing at first. But if they repeat it over and over, getting crazier with each rendition, there comes that point where your amusement turns, and you tell them to shut the fook up and cop on to life.

No, you are not an elk. No, full stops are not offensive. No, your make-believe word has no credibility. No, not according to science. No, not according to reality.

Etc!

nthclare wrote: »
    Just fixed it, thanks for the head's up.

I was posting metaphorically about pushing each other over the cliff's edge..

Oh, I was just replacing your vvankers with wxankers, as per the new word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

The dismay this is causing women is not seen as valid by some unfortunately. "We have decided it's appropriate not to use the actual term for the female sex and their biology because a tiny few people might get offended even though we weren't asked to do this. But **** the offence that the... people in question might feel."

• Advertisement

Oh, didn't even cop who posted it. Tedx. Or Txdx now? Never watched much of their stuff anyway, found most of it boring, some interesting stuff on it. But if that's the way they're heading, off with them. But yeah, it's crazy to start using that but at the same time turn a deaf ear to the women who want to be called women. Did Txdx also change from Men to Mxn?

Also just discovered the x at the end of Ted signifies a local event rather than a Ted organised event (which are usually global issues). Did the main Ted start this too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement