Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Court summons

• 01-06-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Good evening,
    I’m looking for advice please. I was pulled in by Gardaí last February for a minor offence. I did not have my licence with me (it was in my partner’s car as I had used it the weekend before) and although my car was insured, I didn’t have the in date insurance disc displayed as the insurance was up the day before and I was waiting for the new disc. The Garda told me I had to produce my licence and insurance at a Garda station. I received a fixed charge notice in the post a few days later which instructed me to pay the fine within 28 days. I did this but also got confused and thought that I had 28 days to show licence and insurance. I went to a Garda station about 3 weeks after the original offence to show my documentation. I thought that was the end of the matter. Unfortunately, I got a court summons in the post a few weeks back. Because I hadn’t shown my documentation within 10 days of the offence. I contacted the Garda station to ensure that they had a record of me coming in and they do. I was advised to contact the Garda that pulls me over to inform him of the situation. I did this a few weeks back but no reply from him so far. It looks like that I’ll have to go to court now, which I do not relish. What should I bring with me there and what’s likely to happen? Any advice is really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Bring your license and insurance and the details of when you presented them to the Garda station.

Judge Zaidan was right in saying that many minor indescretions should never see a court room and has rightly put blame at the feet of the gardai for not making a little more effort.

You are unlikely to have any additional fine especially as you have made every effort to correct the minor issue

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Lovelyboy

Thank you for your advice. I didn’t get any evidence from the Garda station when I showed them my license and insurance but I suppose I could ask them to give me something to bring to court with me.

Bring your license and insurance and the details of when you presented them to the Garda station.

Judge Zaidan was right in saying that many minor indescretions should never see a court room and has rightly put blame at the feet of the gardai for not making a little more effort.

You are unlikely to have any additional fine especially as you have made every effort to correct the minor issue[/quote]

Advertisement