Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stark Tower (Superheroes Off Topic Thread)

• 24-04-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

17lf3jmr370dnjpg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

In the interest of fairness, the next one can be something titled DC related.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

How exactly does and Off-Topic Thread work? What sort of things does one discuss in the Stark Tower? Is it more of a general anything goes discussion of all-thing Superheroes or discussion of things not Superhero related at all?

How exactly does and Off-Topic Thread work? What sort of things does one discuss in the Stark Tower? Is it more of a general anything goes discussion of all-thing Superheroes or discussion of things not Superhero related at all?

Pretty much answered your own question...

Alright then, I like it - a bit of anything goes.

Right so, if you could be a Superhero, what would your power(s) be and what's your Superhero name...

Right so, if you could be a Superhero, what would your power(s) be and what's your Superhero name...

I'd be a vigilante with the ability to freeze time and manipulate situations while time is frozen, like disarming and restraining criminals while in their frozen state. While I'd mostly use my powers for good, I'd certainly have criminal attributes also, like abusing my power to steal from banks, etc. in order to pay for my extravagant lifestyle.

They'd call me Stop-Watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'd be a vigilante with the ability to freeze time and manipulate situations while time is frozen, like disarming and restraining criminals while in their frozen state. While I'd mostly use my powers for good, I'd certainly have criminal attributes also, like abusing my power to steal from banks, etc. in order to pay for my extravagant lifestyle.

They'd call me Stop-Watch!
    Or if you were a mastermind you could be Clock-Wise. :D

Has to be teleportation for me, who needs to put up with traveling when you can just appear somewhere.
    Handy if you get cornered and for stealing things too. I mean . . . to protect the innocent of course.

<.<
    >.>

Just missing a good name.

I'd probably pick an established hero like The Flash, having super speed would be very very handy :D

And this is my 21st of May sorted :D, hopefully it'll be a celebratory Saturday :D

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/724281303797997568

Lord knows I need something to celebrate given how woeful United have been this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

How come Stark Tower does not appear in any Daredevil city shots, even though they mention 'battle of New York' in newspapers?

How come Stark Tower does not appear in any Daredevil city shots, even though they mention 'battle of New York' in newspapers?

I can't remember off the top of head, but do they do citywide shots or just shots of Hell's Kitchen? I mean Manhattan Island is pretty big.
    Hell's Kitchen is on the West Side of Manhattan, whereas Stark Tower is supposedly on Park Avenue (where the MetLife building is in real life) on the East Side of Manhattan, so it depends from what angle the shots are being taken - if Daredevil is on a rooftop, the backdrop could be north or south of Hell's Kitchen rather than facing east of Hell's Kitchen where Stark Tower is.

Thoroughly deserved Leicester City :D

13094177_1330076413683437_6461829165680606242_n.jpg?oh=f5fe0f69dde394d33458689c8e53e18f&oe=579F2786

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still going through series 2, at a leisurely pace, and tbh I don't recall seeing any cityscapes or vistas of the larger city. If they occured, it was very brief. Daredevil has tended to keep its exterior shots to tight, street / building level or below. Suppose it makes sense in maintaining that condensed, insular feeling of Hello Kitchen being its own world.

It's just an idea, but would it be possible to move the Marvel Cinematic Universe General thread over here, instead of having it in the films forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Decided to rewatch the Marvel movies from the last few years and just got up to Captain America: Winter Soldier, and that scene with Peggy Carter and what I believe is Alzheimer's still gets me everytime.

I feel this is the best thread for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's "The Fantastic Four" is coming out later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ridley wrote: »
    Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's "The Fantastic Four" is coming out later this year.

Excellent news!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ridley wrote: »

Was that the one they made just to keep hold of the rights or something?

Penn wrote: »
    Was that the one they made just to keep hold of the rights or something?

Yup. You'd feel terrible for the cast...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup. You'd feel terrible for the cast...

The rumour is that they didn't even know, they were pouring their hearts into this thing no one would ever see...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well whatever the relative quality of the various shared universe films, there's little question that we've come a long, long way since.

Except for the Fantastic Four mind you, their films have maintained a nice baseline of terribleness since Corman's 'version' :D

• Advertisement

The rumour is that they didn't even know, they were pouring their hearts into this thing no one would ever see...

Id well believe it! Makes it all the more tragic/compelling!

Bill Nunn (Robbie Robertson) in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy has passed away at 62.

Sad news; I liked Nunn.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,182 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For those who can get Hulu all 10 seasons of Smallville will be added on Saturday it is the first time it will be available on any streaming platform.

For those who can get Hulu all 10 seasons of Smallville will be added on Saturday it is the first time it will be available on any streaming platform.

Smallville gets such a bad rap. I have the whole thing on DVD and I love it. Particularly the last three seasons when we got amazing stuff like Blue Beetle, Justice Society etc. Loads of fun!

Awful news. He did some amazing stuff over the years but seemed to be really getting back into it with his latest Punisher series. Preacher was the first book I read the entire run of, about 15 years ago, and it totally shaped the way I viewed comics. Sad day.

I have enjoyed his films so I will be looking forward to see what he can do with this.

Gavin O’Connor set to direct a reboot of The Green Hornet.
    EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Chernin Entertainment have acquired rights to The Green Hornet. Gavin O’Connor is set to direct a film that will overhaul the image of Britt Reid into an edgy protagonist capable of being the catalyst for a new franchise. O’Connor, who just directed the Ben Affleck-starrer The Accountant, will work closely with Sean O’Keefe, who’ll write the script. O’Connor will produce with Chernin Entertainment.

The preconception of Green Hornet is a campy ’60s TV series (that starred Van Williams as Britt Reid, and launched Bruce Lee as Kato), and a movie action comedy that starred Seth Rogen. The first crack at a movie came when George Clooney was transitioning from ER to screen stardom, and was set to star in a film at Universal that came undone when ER exec producer Steven Spielberg prevailed on him to instead star in the first DreamWorks film, The Peacemaker, in 1997. He moved on to Batman, and the film property moved to Miramax, and then Sony Pictures, which finally made the Michel Gondry-Rogen version. It did OK , but there was no sequel, and the rights lapsed.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/the-green-hornet-gavin-oconnor-paramount-chernin-entertainment-bruce-lee-1201854807/

• Advertisement

Advertisement