Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a big nothing burger. It's a long way off and with how the game industry work at the moment there's a high probability neil would have moved on. It's a pity naughty dog are wasting time remaking a game that for a platform where the the game is already available as a remaster and still looks fine.

Honestly would like to see naughty dog do something new but even though last of us 2 was hugely disappointing I still think there's room for a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I presume there's next to no chance III doesn't get made. 2 was a significant commercial success. The internet will burn to the ground as people get to grips with their emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think if anything, the somewhat mixed response to TLOU2 might help temper people's expectations for a Part 3.

I also doubt they'll go back in time a bit, with the game set within those first 20 years. The only real way to have new types of clickers is as they continue to evolve. If you set the game too early, you just have base-level clickers and the gameplay could suffer as a result.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I doubt it will go back in time. Neil is clever enough to know that the least interesting part of an apocalyptic scenario is explaining how it happens of came about it. It will be midichlorians all over again

They need to do something new. I didn't think part two was necessary, only got around to playing it last week and absolutely hated it. Give us something new Naughty Dog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

They need to do something new. I didn't think part two was necessary, only got around to playing it last week and absolutely hated it. Give us something new Naughty Dog!

Wow, I am currently playing it and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Strange, 1 month until the anniversary of release, I figured they'd wait and just release a proper PS5 version, sounds like they have more stuff to add so probably will see a PS5 version. Just want something extra like Factions or DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

1 year anniversary tomorrow. Naughty Dog posting thank you's and but our merch post. So, what's the chances they announce something tomorrow. Factions 2, DLC, PS5 version?

• Advertisement

an apology would be a start

couldn't resist :p

gimli2112 wrote: »
    an apology would be a start

couldn't resist :p

Insert Neil saying he's sorry while rubbing his nipples :)

I'll take a patch to make it a good game.

Make it fifteen hours long, take out the story bits and just make it about using proximity mines on the dogs and their handlers.

Game of the year edition but game of the year now actually means something.

I once booted a randomer from my party for shooting a stray dog in the Division

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I once booted a randomer from my party for shooting a stray dog in the Division

It's more naughty dogs insistence that the combat isn't fun and yet it's sadistically hilarious. Im not the problem. It's not my fault it's gleefully satisfying. And I love dogs.

Naughty dog made such a failure of a game that it's fun to kill dogs. **** you naughty dog

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll take a patch to make it a good game.

Make it fifteen hours long, take out the story bits and just make it about using proximity mines on the dogs and their handlers.

Game of the year edition but game of the year now actually means something.

JhYT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭jj880

I went from ps3 to ps5 so recently picked up a copy of tlou2. Couldn't wait to play it. Upon completing it I immediately downloaded tlou Remastered and played through it to remind me that its the best game ever made imo. Also to try and forget the steaming pile of dogsh!t they served up for the story of tlou2. Game is slick and well made no argument there but the story and characters really lets it down.

Trailer from TLOU 2 Remastered showing me survival mode No Return.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks good, though I wonder if you can still play it through mostly stealth, at least to thin the herd at the start.

It looks like it as Jesse starts with a silencer. I'm really hoping so, would love trying to silently gather the supplies first to get kitted out before taking on a horde. I can see different maps have different modes like assault & capture.

• Advertisement

Launch trailer for TLOU 2 Remaster. Interesting, I wonder if this was the original trailer, would people still hate Abby as much as it sets her up as a playable character and why she might not be Joel's biggest fan (and understandably so).

Just a heads up. Download size is around 76gb. Downloading it atm as bought PS4 game via Indonesia store so just had to get upgrade

For all the **** the game gets and how bad it fumbles Abby was the one of the things I had the least amount of issues with and much preferred her to the cartoony Ellie. If only she had Ellie's proximity mines.

No Return looks great and it actually has a lot of potential if ND allowed it. I could see them adding co-op or competitive where you can be one of the other factions trying to stop a player run. Even play as an infected like Left 4 Dead. Interesting to see if they can add to this at all as time goes on especially since Factions 2 is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Same here, I'd have preferred if they had left Joel and Ellie out of it completely. The Abby part was a much better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got myself the tenner upgrade. It feels like enough time has past to replay it.

I'm actually enjoying it a lot more this time. The shadow of "that Joel moment" ruined the first play through as I was wondering when it would happen.

Freed from that I could just enjoy it for what it was and was surprised at how different it was this time around.

But apart from that it's absolutely stunning looking. Some of the scenery is top class.

Same, I'm at Seattle Downtown and it's incredible to look at. I never played the 60fps update when that came out for ps4 so it's a real treat to play just like when i played TLOU Remaster on ps4, enjoyed it so much more than the original.

• Advertisement

Advertisement