Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday

• 15-12-2018 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭

Hereford 2:20 - Ricci's former horse Townshend making a second appearance for Twiston Davies after being dropped back down to a more favourable trip from debut for that stable. Racing off a 130 rating which based on previous Irish form (winner just last year off 139 and 142 over fences in Ireland), today's British rating of just 130 surely gives it a much better chance than the 12/1 that William Hill are offering. I fear John Constable in this race (ran Buvuer Dair to within a length and a half earlier this year), but recent form that that is poor enough so I am disregarding it. Townshend to relish proper good to soft going tomorrow and smash this lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Think Vision Des Flow (11-1 B365) has a great chance in the 3.05 at Cheltenham..particularly if the rain comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Full Glass each way for me in the big un in Cheltenham. I think he would have gone close in at decent race at Haydock lto out before unseating.

He's one of if not the only horse that you could definitely say he has plenty of scope to be better than current mark.

Probably wants softer ground but I see they've had some rain this morning so I'll take a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

12.10 Protektorat is fancied big time by the Skelton’s today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Loads of rain in Dublin but what about Cheltenham? We going for the soft grounders

Campeador w/o Geraghty was a bet #hindsight

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Campeador w/o Geraghty was a bet #hindsight

I backed Sensulano in the last at Cheltenham. Having backed it lto Id noted that Leighton Aspell was due to travel from Hereford to ride it.

All thats changed now.....Barry takes the ride now. :rolleyes:

Confidence diminishing....

Full Glass each way for me in the big un in Cheltenham. I think he would have gone close in at decent race at Haydock lto out before unseating.

He's one of if not the only horse that you could definitely say he has plenty of scope to be better than current mark.

Probably wants softer ground but I see they've had some rain this morning so I'll take a chance.

Non runner, ground not soft enough I'd imagine.

Will find the winner of this race!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Despite claiming a lot of weight, Baron Alcos second to Charbel looks very good now and he obviously came on from that run since. I think 6 pounds added is fair but I also think he is still better than his rating and he will have come on from his win last month. Frodon probably weighted to reverse the placings but I think Baron can find more when needed.

Great price at 13/2 if you ask me and Frodon is definitely overpriced at 9/1 imo.

Well if the ground is on the good side still i've plumped for what i believe to be one horse that really wants proper good ground - Romain De Senam.

Though i do think Rather Be could be hard to bate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Newcastle 2:05 - Thought the Irish raider British Art opened up a tad short at 4/1 for this race, which was enough to put me off. But the drift out to 6/1 is the tonic I need to get on here. Winner twice here at just above the current handicap rating, the Irish horses running over UK AW races have to be respected.

• Advertisement

2nd horse should have won that, what was the jock doing.

A big Byrony Frost winner, we'll never hear the ****ing end of it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That is an incredible performance from Frodon.. one of the best I've seen .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thats up there with Denmans Hennessy win. Astonishing performance.

My god is tat all you can say to witnessing one of the greatest handicap winning performances of all time stop talking out of your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If there is an award for the stupidest comment ever on this forum , this has just gone very short in the betting .

aidankkk wrote: »
    If there is an award for the stupidest comment ever on this forum , this has just gone very short in the betting .

This forum is becoming less and less about the sport and more about stupid comments. Queue the "Will ye liven up, it was a joke"

I think ye might be overplaying that performance a tad though if I'm honest. Fair enough top weight, jumped everything well but the field was nothing to write home about. He did the same and routed them around this time last year at Cheltenham and I backed him for the Ryanair after where he was a different horse. Must be a horse that really goes best fresh.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    My god is tat all you can say to witnessing one of the greatest handicap winning performances of all time stop talking out of your pocket.

:D

aidankkk wrote: »

Keep your thong on ffs

Faux outrage galore, must be a few sore heads today, jebuz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Rockpoint v impressive there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Frodon, one of the greats

This Nicholls horse been backed like a good thing all day, interesting to see.

Earendil wrote: »
    Think Vision Des Flow (11-1 B365) has a great chance in the 3.05 at Cheltenham..particularly if the rain comes.

I like him for this too. Finished ahead of menghli khan back in punchestown. His Aintree run was quite impressive also and has decent course form.8/1 is a great price although this is seriously competitive.

The New One the outsider, put a mark through his last few runs and he'd be favourite. Career must be coming to an end.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

3.40 Oscar Rose 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

That Frodon is superb in these handicaps at top weight be he gets found out when he goes back into the top graded races.

TheTorment wrote: »
    I backed Sensulano in the last at Cheltenham. Having backed it lto Id noted that Leighton Aspell was due to travel from Hereford to ride it.

All thats changed now.....Barry takes the ride now. :rolleyes:

Confidence diminishing....

I take it back :o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

3.40 Oscar Rose 6/1

Has there ever been a bigger coward to sit on a horse then brennan

TheTorment wrote: »
    I take it back :o

Still one of the best! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thats up there with Denmans Hennessy win. Astonishing performance.

Jesus Christ almighty.

• Advertisement

lemush wrote: »
    Jesus Christ almighty.

When was the last winner of a handicap off 164? Just because he hasnt the profile or stature of the great Denman it doesnt make his performance any lesser? What he did today was one of the best performances you will ever see.

Advertisement