Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Penalty for Refusing Jobpath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Invalid Pension

it could end up being invalid with 2 fuel grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Slorpo

Mr.H wrote: »
    There is actually a lot of jobs out there right now. I mean A LOT. I am constantly looking for staff and I am constantly approached for new jobs.

I find that its more to do with the fact some people dont want to work in certain locations, or dont want certain jobs because they think they are above them.

It sounds like your brother was struggling to keep a long term job which sucks. Maybe he does need help finding the right job. What ever about this jobsbridge or whatever its called. Did he try a recruitment agency? worth a shot

He's already sorted. I think the key word is "appropriate". Putting an engineer into a retail job is far from satisfactory, putting hr into waste collection isn't good.

There are limits where you might need to change areas, but there's always better directions than simply any old job will do. You have to think ahead and plan, that's what my brother did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Any jobs better than no job. Ones got to start somewhere.

...... Not everyone is suited to every job. Try getting a building labourer into a call center? What do you think the outcome will be? or someone who cannot take stress into a kitchen? What do you think will be the outcome?

I am saying there has to be effort on both sides. One side has to retrain and the other side has to be patient to find a suitable employer.

I have a friend who plays them like a grand piano. She is sugar and sweet. She tells them what she wants to hear and applies for jobs that are barely out of her reach and courses she cannot get (level 6 qualifications applying for a level 9 in Trinity, not in a relevant field with no experience). They tell her to try again in a few months time. She has NO intention of ever working but it looks like she made a fantastic effort. That is the system and how she works it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Slorpo

Besides the night shift security, the other one I remember was working in a nursing home.

A guy with international relations degree and good experience does not equal a nursing home in any way shape or form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I deal in facts. From experience I can tell you that one signs once a month and collects “dole” on specified days from nearest post office. Only those over 62, on pensions disability benefits or payments like carers get paid into bank. Not many get one, let alone two fuel payments. Careful that you’re not asked to repay it or even be prosecuted for getting a payment you’re not entitled to.

My mistake on the JA.

My payments are all above board. I get a fuel grant payment as normal and a weekly payment as well of €22.50 from CWO for additional heating needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Unfortunately I know a few people that are very long term unemployed..if there was work in the bed they'd sleep on the floor..I have no sympathy for wasters trying to avoid a scheme/course that will help them to obtain employment and stop sponging from the taxpayers of this island..we hear recently that we have almost reached 100%employment and certain companies will need to attract workers from overseas to fill vacancies....However theres a large amount of long term unemployed spongers that are unemployed with years..how long before the government actually start to respect the tax paying workers here and start Reviewing all these people who are clearly not disabled but find it easier to simply stay unemployed... think what revenue could be used in better ways than giving these people handouts.

bassy wrote: »
    it could end up being invalid with 2 fuel grants.

No its all above board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Bizarre hostility towards those organisations that try to find people work. It's... almost as if they don't want to work (unless it's the dreamiest of dream jobs) and want to stay on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

So nobody can answer the opening question about how you opt out of being coerced into a private agency(job path) that is actually screwing the tax payer ?

What a worthless site.

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Unfortunately I know a few people that are very long term unemployed..if there was work in the bed they'd sleep on the floor..I have no sympathy for wasters trying to avoid a scheme/course that will help them to obtain employment and stop sponging from the taxpayers of this island..we hear recently that we have almost reached 100%employment and certain companies will need to attract workers from overseas to fill vacancies....However theres a large amount of long term unemployed spongers that are unemployed with years..how long before the government actually start to respect the tax paying workers here and start Reviewing all these people who are clearly not disabled but find it easier to simply stay unemployed... think what revenue could be used in better ways than giving these people handouts.

Unfortunately there are some people who are and always will be unemployable. This could range from cute hoorism to undiagnosed mental health issues.

• Advertisement

teddyhead wrote: »
    So nobody can answer the opening question about how you opt out of being coerced into a private agency(job path) that is actually screwing the tax payer ?

What a worthless site.

I don't think there should be an opt out if 1 can't find work

Bizarre hostility towards those organisations that try to find people work. It's... almost as if they don't want to work (unless it's the dreamiest of dream jobs) and want to stay on the dole.

Its not quite that simple. Job path gets jobs for people quite capable of getting jobs themselves, then claims a tax payer funded reward for it. Also the employer can profit from a reward. system is wide open to abuse and exploitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You can get it paid directly into your bank....no queuing necessary.

No you can’t. The only Jobseekers that are paid in the bank are those working full time

Its not quite that simple. Job path gets jobs for people quite capable of getting jobs themselves, then claims a tax payer funded reward for it. Also the employer can profit from a reward. system is wide open to abuse and exploitation.

If they’re quite capable of getting jobs for themselves then why are they Jobseekers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mr.H wrote: »
    I assume that they only get that money for people keeping jobs? also isnt it a good thing if they help get people into jobs? I mean not everyone can "get a job by themselves". If they could they wouldnt be unemployed

It's in the link but they get 300 for everyone who's referred to them.

From what I've heard they're really about making sure you're applying for jobs, any job at all. They aren't any use to getting you a job in the area you're looking to break into etc.

No, but not too many are getting jobs through this either. Never mind sustaining them
    Of the 190,000 engaged so far – 17% sourced employment which was sustained for 13 weeks, 14% for 26 weeks, 12% for 39 weeks and 9% for 52 weeks.

The Controller and Auditor General, Seamus McCarthy, told the committee yesterday that only 7% were still in employment after 12 months.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jobpath-fees-4367277-Nov2018/

splinter65 wrote: »
    If they’re quite capable of getting jobs for themselves then why are they Jobseekers?

Basically you get referred to them straight away after signing on. They take immediate control of your situation and threaten to cut you off if you refuse their data infringing terms.

Yep just request it.

No. You can request payment in the bank but you’ll be refused. You’re not on Jobseekers yourself ginger so you don’t know.

Basically you get referred to them straight away after signing on. They take immediate control of your situation and threaten to cut you off if you refuse their data infringing terms.

But if your fully capable of finding a job on your own then you’ve nothing to be concerned about. Just sign off and start the new job.

bassy wrote: »
    yes but the dsp will decide or decilne.its not a given.

They will decline unless you are an unreasonable distance from a PO with no transport.

• Advertisement

But if your fully capable of finding a job on your own then you’ve nothing to be concerned about. Just sign off and start the new job.

Real life doesnt work so seamlessly and smoothly. It might take a month or more , even for highly qualified people , to get a new position.

No. You can request payment in the bank but you’ll be refused. You’re not on Jobseekers yourself ginger so you don’t know.

Wasn't aware JA wasn't included.

Is JB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

They will decline unless you are an unreasonable distance from a PO with no transport.

well our po closed years ago and im in a rural location with no public transport or car and im 6 miles from the po and have to hitch to town to collect it.
    and even if it was paid in the bank i would still have to hitch to town to collect it,so a no win situation.

We'll agree to disagree.

Alot of people are just not aware of certain things, for example i get 2 fuel grants.

You are getting fuel allowance and the fuel grant from the CWO because you have a condition or disability or illness that calls for you to Jae constant heat. Not everyone (hardly anyone) gets it. Your doctor had to supply information.

What would be considered unreasonable?

Ours is 8km

You are getting fuel allowance and the fuel grant from the CWO because you have a condition or disability or illness that calls for you to Jae constant heat. Not everyone (hardly anyone) gets it. Your doctor had to supply information.

Correct

Real life doesnt work so seamlessly and smoothly. It might take a month or more , even for highly qualified people , to get a new position.

I still can’t see how 2 one hour meetings a week with Seetec/TN hamper anyone from finding a job themselves. It’s just a question of showing up and cooperating. What harm can it be if your going to be employed again in a few weeks?

Wasn't aware JA wasn't included.

Is JB?

Both JA & JB have to be collected from post office.

Slorpo wrote: »
    My brother was badgered and badgered about getting a night shift job in security. If he had gone that direction there's every possibility that he would have missed his current job, which is related to both his qualifications and experience, and also pays way more, and is a genuine career.

Nah, he did they right thing by going against them

How would being employed somewhere stop him from applying for a job somewhere else?

• Advertisement

What a worthless site.

It’s a free country. Just tell them your not signing it and you’re not co operating because you don’t want to be complicit in screwing the tax payer.
    The important thing is, be true to yourself.

Advertisement