Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best software for employee expense claims

• 13-12-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I run the finance side of things for a small company. Looking to move employee expense claims from spreadsheet to a software, ideally one with an app that employees can record expenses and take photos of receipts on the go.

Can anyone recommend any? I've heard concur can be good, but I imagine that's more geared to larger enterprises.

There's only 5-10 claims per month, but I really want to get away from the manual process of storing physical receipts and updating an excel sheet each month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Receipt bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Try concur

Sorry just seen you mentioned this. I can vouch for it and it's very effective, can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Suitable for a small business but is scalable if you ever think of taking over the world

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

alanceltic wrote: »
    Try concur

Sorry just seen you mentioned this. I can vouch for it and it's very effective, can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Suitable for a small business but is scalable if you ever think of taking over the world
    I haven't tried Concur, does it take out VAT and can you upload the transactions in to an an accounts package after you have got them in to Concur?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Nermal

I haven't tried Concur, does it take out VAT and can you upload the transactions in to an an accounts package after you have got them in to Concur?

It can produce extracts that you then have to transform into something your package can accept. It's definitely the most slick of the bunch.

ExpenseIt was another option we looked at, was quite similar. A little less polished but slightly cheaper.

Nermal wrote: »
    It can produce extracts that you then have to transform into something your package can accept. It's definitely the most slick of the bunch.

ExpenseIt was another option we looked at, was quite similar. A little less polished but slightly cheaper.
    We have a package that extracts VAT and Nominal codes and integrates with accounting package - but it costs 20 cent per invoice. Do you know how much these other packages cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Nermal

We have a package that extracts VAT and Nominal codes and integrates with accounting package - but it costs 20 cent per invoice. Do you know how much these other packages cost?

A lot more, on the order of €5-10 per expense claim, but maybe you're a better negotiator than me...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hi,

I run the finance side of things for a small company. Looking to move employee expense claims from spreadsheet to a software, ideally one with an app that employees can record expenses and take photos of receipts on the go.

Can anyone recommend any? I've heard concur can be good, but I imagine that's more geared to larger enterprises.

There's only 5-10 claims per month, but I really want to get away from the manual process of storing physical receipts and updating an excel sheet each month.

I use smart receipts. Think it was 5 euro per year and produces a report with images and csv file. Might be worth a try if low volume.

kodak wrote: »
    I use smart receipts. Think it was 5 euro per year and produces a report with images and csv file. Might be worth a try if low volume.
    Probably good for small volumes. I checked with Smart Receipts and it doesn't link to accounting packages so for anything other than a once-a-month job not suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Just following up on this I've found a software called CakeHR which I'm trailing and seems good.

It is for time off management/leave requests aswell as employee expense claims and has a web interface aswell as ios and android apps.

It's pricey enough at €4.35 per employee per month, but the bulk of that cost is due to the time off management. If I only wanted expense claims it is €0.85 per employee per month.

There are other features like timesheets, shift scheduling and performance goal management that I haven't bothered with.

I think I will go for it though once the trial is done as it's exactly what I'm after and has a slick interface too.

Advertisement