Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCA P Level Exams

Options
  • 10-12-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for people's opinions on which P level exam they would advise someone to sit in January.

I've finished all the F exams and just done P6 Tax in the sitting just gone. My plan is to take one in March have June open in case I've failed P6 and then do another in September.

Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Did you pass all of the F exams or get some exemptions? People with exemptions can find the P level exams slightly more difficult as the exams assume knowledge of earlier modules.

P1/P3 had no major dependencies so SBL is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you pass all of the F exams or get some exemptions? People with exemptions can find the P level exams slightly more difficult as the exams assume knowledge of earlier modules.

P1/P3 had no major dependencies so SBL is a good place to start.

I transferred from ACA after failing Tax and FR at CAP2 level.

I passed F6 and F7 with 70% and 80% first time but had exemptions for the rest. I've just sat P6 last week (probably a bad choice with work being extremely busy for CT and then IT deadlines) so was looking at planning the next exam for March and trying to see what would suit best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Have you decided what other optional exam you want to sit apart from P6? For example, if you intend to do P7 (Advanced Audit) you will put yourself at a disadvantage if you have not done P2 first.

Best advice is that unless you have a specific requirement then do them in sequential order ie, SBL and SBR first.

Have you decided what other optional exam you want to sit apart from P6? For example, if you intend to do P7 (Advanced Audit) you will put yourself at a disadvantage if you have not done P2 first.

Best advice is that unless you have a specific requirement then do them in sequential order ie, SBL and SBR first.

I'm still researching the optional papers. I took P6 as I had just passed F6 and decided to follow it straight up with P6 when the F6 material was still fresh in my head.

I think I will try SBL. Would you think it is doable starting the course in January for the march exam?

I passed P1 and P3 (before they were merged into SBL) but I took them both at the same time and by coincidence it was a march sitting. I passed both comfortably. Neither exam had any calculations but both were very heavy on theory so know what you are getting into and make sure you dedicate enough time to learning the material thoroughly.

I know the SBL exam format is completely different to the old P1/P3 setup but the knowledge that underpins the course is exactly the same.

• Advertisement

I passed P1 and P3 (before they were merged into SBL) but I took them both at the same time and by coincidence it was a march sitting. I passed both comfortably. Neither exam had any calculations but both were very heavy on theory so know what you are getting into and make sure you dedicate enough time to learning the material thoroughly.

I know the SBL exam format is completely different to the old P1/P3 setup but the knowledge that underpins the course is exactly the same.

Thank you for that!!

Advertisement